Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 78
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guy I know at Orlens seems to think Yamal-Europe just needs compressors. Gazprom dismantled a few years ago. It and the Ukrainian system was the distro for Europe for decades.

Rus been doing the same Fuck Fuck game with Druzbha oil pipeline.

Both go through Poland. The Nord stuff was a political bypass to make Germany beholden - tho they were also very efficient

If next week Russian gas became palatable, the technical issues would resolve shit short.

View Quote

Yeah maybe so, but still, why blow up a perfectly functional pipeline you could conceivably leverage in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks like a great false flag by Russia judging by how so many here want it to be blamed on America. That's just my OPINION.

Don't get too upset... I am still waiting for actual facts and evidence like everyone else in the world.

Russia slammed two missiles into our city at 1am. One by a large bus stop/market that didn't hurt anyone. The other in a residential neighborhood fucking up about 60+ homes. We don't know the actual death toll as they are still digging.

Russia is nothing more than a terrorist state. Fuck Putin as his ball lickers. No way they would do something irrational.

"Russian forces carried out a missile strike on the city of Dnipro on the night of 28–29 September, killing at least three and injuring five civilians".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/29/7369561/index.amp
View Quote

The part in bold.  I don't put anything past anyone in Clown World.  Having significant Volga German ancestry, I have a very low opinion of Russia and at least a few Russians.  Come to think of it, I have a very low opinion of government and at least a few governments.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don’t think that was his plan, at all.

But I think he “knows” that he only has MORE sanctions in his future.
View Quote

You don't think he's been trying to play energy politics? LOL... Russians have been fucking with eastern Europe for decades pulling that shit mid winter. I'm not gonna say whether it would work in Germany in 3-4 months but its absolutely a classic Russian play. Hell, he's been trying to fuck with Europe for months before turning off the gas. Given all that why would he burn his own capability to keep fucking with Europe? Why would he willingly try to broaden a war he is already loosing?

As for more sanctions sure, likely more of that coming, and frankly eventually I think he will get pushed out of Ukraine sooner or later. I don't think his conscription stunt is exactly popular back home. If he had support for the war, maybe people would be, IDK, signing up willingly. Instead we see a bunch of 40-50years olds with rifles that were phased out of Soviet service in the 70's. I mean that seems like a strong play (sarcasm).
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Simple, he is worried the Germans are gonna actually renege on it in the winter and make a deal with Putin to turn on the gas.

It makes 0 sense for the Russians to blow up their own pipeline and remove their one trump card they have over Europe. Repairing that pipe will cost millions and it effectively ends any sort of "games" they could play with energy to that part of Europe this winter. Or after the war ends.

Who stands to benefit from that? Oh wait, people who don't want the Euros to cuck out in December, i.e. the US. Who also, is exporting copious amounts of LNG to Europe as we speak and making a killing on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me help you understand.

Feb 7: Biden says that the US will "end" Nordtream 2
Feb 22: After long talks with the US, Germany agrees to not certify Nordstream 2, thus effectively ending it.

Biden accomplished exactly what he said he would, on Feb 22, when the Germans agreed to do what he wanted.

Why would he then sabotage the pipeline half a year after the Germans already did what he wanted and ended the project?

Simple, he is worried the Germans are gonna actually renege on it in the winter and make a deal with Putin to turn on the gas.

It makes 0 sense for the Russians to blow up their own pipeline and remove their one trump card they have over Europe. Repairing that pipe will cost millions and it effectively ends any sort of "games" they could play with energy to that part of Europe this winter. Or after the war ends.

Who stands to benefit from that? Oh wait, people who don't want the Euros to cuck out in December, i.e. the US. Who also, is exporting copious amounts of LNG to Europe as we speak and making a killing on it.

That is my opinion as well
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The explosions are real. Questions is 'who dun it'
snip
View Quote
This needs the spidermans pointing at each other meme
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah maybe so, but still, why blow up a perfectly functional pipeline you could conceivably leverage in the near
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guy I know at Orlens seems to think Yamal-Europe just needs compressors. Gazprom dismantled a few years ago. It and the Ukrainian system was the distro for Europe for decades.

Rus been doing the same Fuck Fuck game with Druzbha oil pipeline.

Both go through Poland. The Nord stuff was a political bypass to make Germany beholden - tho they were also very efficient

If next week Russian gas became palatable, the technical issues would resolve shit short.

Yeah maybe so, but still, why blow up a perfectly functional pipeline you could conceivably leverage in the near

Its impossible to deduce who may have been involved. The certainty accompanying many of these claims are eroded by mere information anyway.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This needs the spidermans pointing at each other meme
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
28 pages and still no evidence to support any of the various statements that claim whodunit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe Putin knows something we don’t know.
View Quote

Yeah maybe. But so far he hasnt been much of a mastermind.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Being a SCUBA diver, I didn't realize it was so easy to dive so deep and blow something up!

Almost 2,000 oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. Won't be pretty if this becomes commonplace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can the "who done it" be narrowed down by process of elimination? I'm guessing only a few nation state's have the resources and technology to carry out such a mission.
Resources and technology to blow something up under water?  Pretty much anyone with 1940s era technology can accomplish that.

Being a SCUBA diver, I didn't realize it was so easy to dive so deep and blow something up!

Almost 2,000 oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. Won't be pretty if this becomes commonplace.
Heliox rebreather and the boom rigged to a slightly negatively buoyant platform. 4 guys per charge. Two boats, 2 men stay on each boat, two dive teams per boat. Twenty guys could do it. Could probably do it with 12 if you had to but the downtime would be longer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Theyd still be alive if Ukraine had simply surrendered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a great false flag by Russia judging by how so many here want it to be blamed on America. That's just my OPINION.

Don't get too upset... I am still waiting for actual facts and evidence like everyone else in the world.

Russia slammed two missiles into our city at 1am. One by a large bus stop/market that didn't hurt anyone. The other in a residential neighborhood fucking up about 60+ homes. We don't know the actual death toll as they are still digging.

Russia is nothing more than a terrorist state. Fuck Putin as his ball lickers. No way they would do something irrational.

"Russian forces carried out a missile strike on the city of Dnipro on the night of 28–29 September, killing at least three and injuring five civilians".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/09/29/7369561/index.amp

You mean they would still be alive if putin wasn't a sorry piece of shit terrorist and would still be alive if russia wouldn't have invaded. Stop trying to be edgy in a sad situation that you obviously know is terrible on innocent civilians, why be shitty towards an arfcom brother like that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Other suspect: Ukraine.  Nordstream bypasses Ukraine, so Russia pays no transit fees.  Several intact pipelines run from Russia through Ukraine to Europe.  Assume a peace deal is reached, Ukraine probably wants some of that money to rebuild.
View Quote

Ukraine IS being paid transit fees as this war continues.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You mean they would still be alive if putin wasn't a sorry piece of shit terrorist and would still be alive if russia wouldn't have invaded. Stop trying to be edgy in a sad situation that you obviously know is terrible on innocent civilians, why be shitty towards an arfcom brother like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Russian forces carried out a missile strike on the city of Dnipro on the night of 28 29 September, killing at least three and injuring five civilians".

I'm hoping he was just being sarcastic, but it's hard to tell these days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Putin had a hissy fit.

Biden isn’t going to escalate.

Russia shut it off for supposed maintenance weeks ago.

NATO monitors Russian ships/subs in area afraid target was internet cables but pipeline goes boom?

Think real hard here guys.
View Quote

The smoothbrains here in GD do not have the ability to think.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We really need a sarcasm font. CaN wE aUtOmAtE tHiS?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

so when someone called ukraine trailer trash (or whatever the term was) and your response was a series of pictures of buildings, you knew at the time you posted that those buildings were not original to post 1991 ukraine? but you felt they demonstrated the achievements of post 1991 ukraine. interesting.

in addition to ukraine, what is another country that claims kyvian rus as its ancestors?

US intelligence, with assistance from the british, are pointing the finger at russia. i seem to remember this angle being played on a particular American presidential candidate a few years ago. that was probably different though. you'll have to count some of us as russian agents a little longer until we have more confirmation than that. it would benefit the west to show evidence that russia had blown up the pipeline correct? when can we expect to see that?

would another way to say that look something like......ukraine was part of russia?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you may or may not know. St. Michael's dates back to before Moscow was ever a thing, was nearly totally destroyed the Moscow the last time it exerted its authorituh over Kyiv, and was rebuilt into its current glory by an independent Ukraine.

And pretty much all baroque architecture, or anything of any real value in general in Russia is a cheap imitation of something elsewhere, brought into Russia in those periods of history where it wasn't so wholly full of itself that it was willing to emulate superior ideas. Alas, such periods of history are fleeting and rarely appreciated by those who need to appreciate it.

Not sure if that was the angle you were going for, but I felt compelled to note this.

so when someone called ukraine trailer trash (or whatever the term was) and your response was a series of pictures of buildings, you knew at the time you posted that those buildings were not original to post 1991 ukraine? but you felt they demonstrated the achievements of post 1991 ukraine. interesting.

Quoted:

Kyivan Rus established in 879, became Christian in 988. But you two scholars wouldn't know that.

in addition to ukraine, what is another country that claims kyvian rus as its ancestors?

Quoted:
Fingers Point At Russia In Baltic Undersea Pipeline Attack

Rumors and speculation continue to swirl around a series of blasts that significantly damaged two major underwater pipelines in the Baltic Sea designed to carry natural gas from Russia to Europe yesterday. The European Union has now joined a growing chorus of government officials, as well as experts and observers, saying the explosions were all but certainly the result of some kind of deliberate attack. A British media report today indicated that officials in that country are increasingly convinced that the Russian government is responsible, possibly using uncrewed underwater vehicles to plant explosives. Readers can get up to speed first on what is already known about these incidents in The War Zone's initial reporting here..

There are entirely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, which Russian state and non-state actors are amplifying, circulating already that the U.S. government, or other actors working in cooperation with it, were responsible. Spreading misinformation and disinformation, or enabling their spread, are common Russian government tactics to deflect attention from its own malign activities.

A remark from President Joe Biden in February before Russia's all-out invasion of Ukraine that the Kremlin's increasingly hostile actions toward its neighbor could lead to there "be no longer a Nord Stream 2," has also resurfaced. There is no indication whatsoever that this was anything but a comment on the potential diplomatic pressure the U.S. government would exert on German authorities to at least freeze that specific pipeline project, something that very publicly happened.

All this being said, there are indications that Western intelligence agencies are increasingly of the view that the Russian government, or actors acting on its behalf, was responsible for the pipeline leaks. The Times newspaper in the United Kingdom, citing an unnamed U.K. "defense source," reported today that a "likely scenario" for the attacks involved Russian uncrewed underwater vehicles, deployed from a mothership vessel of some kind on the surface, possibly something as innocuous as a fishing boat. Those undersea drones would then have laid explosive devices along the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines.

(H/T @Brok3n)

US intelligence, with assistance from the british, are pointing the finger at russia. i seem to remember this angle being played on a particular American presidential candidate a few years ago. that was probably different though. you'll have to count some of us as russian agents a little longer until we have more confirmation than that. it would benefit the west to show evidence that russia had blown up the pipeline correct? when can we expect to see that?

Quoted:

Some of that is so old, Russia was part of Ukraine when it was built.

One of those cathedrals is older than the city of Moscow.

would another way to say that look something like......ukraine was part of russia?

Maybe if you can't read. At that time, Russia didn't exist, and the land we now call Russia was ruled by Kiev.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Russian forces carried out a missile strike on the city of Dnipro on the night of 28 29 September, killing at least three and injuring five civilians".

It is difficult to tell with so many here supporting russia
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heliox rebreather and the boom rigged to a slightly negatively buoyant platform. 4 guys per charge. Two boats, 2 men stay on each boat, two dive teams per boat. Twenty guys could do it. Could probably do it with 12 if you had to but the downtime would be longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can the "who done it" be narrowed down by process of elimination? I'm guessing only a few nation state's have the resources and technology to carry out such a mission.
Resources and technology to blow something up under water?  Pretty much anyone with 1940s era technology can accomplish that.

Sure. Easy peasy. Might take some special training, you think? I have many SCUBA certifications but missed the BUD/S one. Besides, he made it sound like Jacques Cousteau was blowing up U-boats in 1942. And now DIY mini-subs! And that pipeline is so easy to fix after being dynamited! Some people ought to just stick to hating on Trump. LMAO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe if you can't read. At that time, Russia didn't exist, and the land we now call Russia was ruled by Kiev.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you may or may not know. St. Michael's dates back to before Moscow was ever a thing, was nearly totally destroyed the Moscow the last time it exerted its authorituh over Kyiv, and was rebuilt into its current glory by an independent Ukraine.

And pretty much all baroque architecture, or anything of any real value in general in Russia is a cheap imitation of something elsewhere, brought into Russia in those periods of history where it wasn't so wholly full of itself that it was willing to emulate superior ideas. Alas, such periods of history are fleeting and rarely appreciated by those who need to appreciate it.

Not sure if that was the angle you were going for, but I felt compelled to note this.

Quoted:

Kyivan Rus established in 879, became Christian in 988. But you two scholars wouldn't know that.

Quoted:
Fingers Point At Russia In Baltic Undersea Pipeline Attack

Rumors and speculation continue to swirl around a series of blasts that significantly damaged two major underwater pipelines in the Baltic Sea designed to carry natural gas from Russia to Europe yesterday. The European Union has now joined a growing chorus of government officials, as well as experts and observers, saying the explosions were all but certainly the result of some kind of deliberate attack. A British media report today indicated that officials in that country are increasingly convinced that the Russian government is responsible, possibly using uncrewed underwater vehicles to plant explosives. Readers can get up to speed first on what is already known about these incidents in The War Zone's initial reporting here..

There are entirely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, which Russian state and non-state actors are amplifying, circulating already that the U.S. government, or other actors working in cooperation with it, were responsible. Spreading misinformation and disinformation, or enabling their spread, are common Russian government tactics to deflect attention from its own malign activities.

A remark from President Joe Biden in February before Russia's all-out invasion of Ukraine that the Kremlin's increasingly hostile actions toward its neighbor could lead to there "be no longer a Nord Stream 2," has also resurfaced. There is no indication whatsoever that this was anything but a comment on the potential diplomatic pressure the U.S. government would exert on German authorities to at least freeze that specific pipeline project, something that very publicly happened.

All this being said, there are indications that Western intelligence agencies are increasingly of the view that the Russian government, or actors acting on its behalf, was responsible for the pipeline leaks. The Times newspaper in the United Kingdom, citing an unnamed U.K. "defense source," reported today that a "likely scenario" for the attacks involved Russian uncrewed underwater vehicles, deployed from a mothership vessel of some kind on the surface, possibly something as innocuous as a fishing boat. Those undersea drones would then have laid explosive devices along the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines.

(H/T @Brok3n)

Quoted:

And if the argument is you need to credit the occupying capital for a nation's accomplishments, most of the best architectural parts of modern Kyiv which don't predate the rise and dominance of Muscovy were built under Polish rule.

That part is left out of the Russia stronk narrative.

Edit... it also occurs to me that much if the stuff built under Russian rule, like that of St. Petersburg, was built by Italians.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Naples has some beautiful buildings and churches. Do you think it reflects the quality of the people living there and their leaders today ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naples has some beautiful buildings and churches. Do you think it reflects the quality of the people living there and their leaders today ?

It certainly speaks to their history rather than the history of Italy, since Naples has existed much longer than Italy has.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#22]
A few days later, and this thread title is still retarded.

This is how misinformation - actual misinformation, not what Leftists call misinformation - spreads. Lots of people here read thread titles or just the OP, and then walk away believing it to be true. Because of this dumb thread title, you've probably got thousands of people walking around out there convinced that the US did it. Even though there's no evidence that this is true.

An OP with integrity and critical thinking skills would change the thread title. I don't expect that to happen in this particular case.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Other suspect: Ukraine.  Nordstream bypasses Ukraine, so Russia pays no transit fees.  Several intact pipelines run from Russia through Ukraine to Europe.  Assume a peace deal is reached, Ukraine probably wants some of that money to rebuild.

They aren't

Gazprom hasn't paid Naftogaz transits fees for some time, which is why there's a pending arbitration case,

Gazprom realizes the jeopardy and has threatened discontinuation if Naftogaz  pursues this remedy, through Russian govt imposed sanctions against Ukraine, ending gas delivery to European customers

All of these maneuverings by Gazprom - force majeure filings due to damage lines, and previously due to sanction impeding equipment (spurious), rejecting claims, etc - are all necessary due to Gazprom assets in the west and agreements which could be jeopardized by large awards.

Russians like all of us, like their money.

Regardless of the status of transit payments, volume through the line has been greatly reduced over the last 5 years.

Uke's havnt bought Russian gas themselves since '14 or '15

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Page 28 and OP has still not delivered
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#25]
We got him boys. We got him.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Putin had a hissy fit.

Biden isn’t going to escalate.

Russia shut it off for supposed maintenance weeks ago.

NATO monitors Russian ships/subs in area afraid target was internet cables but pipeline goes boom?

Think real hard here guys.

"buH, aLeX jOnEs seZ daT pUTin iS A cHRistIaN figHT'eN fEr aLL 'mERiCaNs' RiGhTs 'GainSt Da gLoBaListS."
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A few days later, and this thread title is still retarded.

This is how misinformation - actual misinformation, not what Leftists call misinformation - spreads. Lots of people here read thread titles or just the OP, and then walk away believing it to be true. Because of this dumb thread title, you've probably got thousands of people walking around out there convinced that the US did it. Even though there's no evidence that this is true.

An OP with integrity and critical thinking skills would change the thread title. I don't expect that to happen in this particular case.
View Quote

Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
28 pages and still no evidence to support any of the various statements that claim whodunit.
View Quote

Trump did it. He sent his MAGA force mercenaries out to flex on Putin, and intimidate FJB. FBI needs to investigate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Trump did it. He sent his MAGA force mercenaries out to flex on Putin, and intimidate FJB. FBI needs to investigate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

The ringleaders:

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sure. Easy peasy. Might take some special training, you think? I have many SCUBA certifications but missed the BUD/S one. Besides, he made it sound like Jacques Cousteau was blowing up U-boats in 1942. And now DIY mini-subs! And that pipeline is so easy to fix after being dynamited! Some people ought to just stick to hating on Trump. LMAO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a job for rec divers for sure. But it wouldn't be a stretch for rig divers, and there are quite a few out there. Basically any commercial divers with Trimix or Heliox experience could handle the dive part of it. It wasn't *that* deep, 300ft or so.

I'm a rec diver too and it isn't anything I'd do, but I know a couple of rig divers/welders and the one I spoke with didn't think it was a big deal from the dive standpoint. The not being detected is probably the biggest issue.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why would Russia use rec divers OR rig divers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a job for rec divers for sure. But it wouldn't be a stretch for rig divers, and there are quite a few out there. Basically any commercial divers with Trimix or Heliox experience could handle the dive part of it. It wasn't *that* deep, 300ft or so.

I'm a rec diver too and it isn't anything I'd do, but I know a couple of rig divers/welders and the one I spoke with didn't think it was a big deal from the dive standpoint. The not being detected is probably the biggest issue.

Why would Russia use rec divers OR rig divers?

Deniability for one. Also, there is no evidence that Russia did this. There's no evidence they didn't.  I'm just countering the narrative that it *had* to be a nation state. It clearly didn't.

I'm not saying it wasn't Russia. But there's just no evidence either way. The whole "Russian ships were seen in the area" argument doesn't prove shit. Its the fucking neck of the Baltic. First, that's the Russians backyard lake. Secondly, the neck is narrow enough there's a narrow open sea channel for the Russians to use for egress, and it happens to be the same place as where the pipeline sits.

So yeah, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. There's a lot of angles here and they don't all point at Putin.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You are a fool.

The pipelines are 1.6 INCH THICK STEEL
covered by reinforced concrete.
Each section weighs 26 TONS.

View Quote

And that means exactly jack and sh** if there's a hydrate plug that an operator tries to remove incorrectly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Deniability for one. Also, there is no evidence that Russia did this. There's no evidence they didn't.  I'm just countering the narrative that it *had* to be a nation state. It clearly didn't.

I'm not saying it wasn't Russia. But there's just no evidence either way. The whole "Russian ships were seen in the area" argument doesn't prove shit. Its the fucking neck of the Baltic. First, that's the Russians backyard lake. Secondly, the neck is narrow enough there's a narrow open sea channel for the Russians to use for egress, and it happens to be the same place as where the pipeline sits.

So yeah, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. There's a lot of angles here and they don't all point at Putin.
View Quote
Kaliningrad is their major Baltic sea base and it's only 150 miles or so away, don't even need to go all the way to St. Petersburg to find a base.

Not sure if that means they had lots of opportunities or that seeing Russian vessels in the area isn't really a smoking gun....
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And that means exactly jack and sh** if there's a hydrate plug that an operator tries to remove incorrectly.
View Quote
4 hydrate plugs all removed badly in the same day?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing except Biden publicly stating he would put an end to Nordstream2 if Russia invaded Ukraine.

(at 1:30) if Russia invades Ukraine, we will put an end to Nordstream 2

How much clearer could this possibly be that the US government blew up the pipelines?

Only a liberals are frantically looking elsewhere for someone else to falsely blame.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah I do reject the false flag hypothesis since its an uber shitty false flag.

Like a good false flag would be Ukrainians blowing up something near and dear to the hearts of Russians, or blowing up something inside Russia as retaliation etc etc. i.e. something with some actual "emotional value" for Putin to manipulate, you know for mother Russia. I very much doubt the actual citizens of Russia don't give one flying fuck about a pipeline thats used to the fill the pockets of the oligarchs.
View Quote
Your proposed false flags would be blatant and require Putin to do something that he doesn't have the combat power to do short of WMDs.  I don't believe Putin is mush-brained enough to openly use nukes or chemical weapons.  Your proposed false flags would therefore result in Putin losing face and risking his life and political power.  I also believe that not even Biden is mush-brained enough to commit an act of war against Germany and/or Russia.

There are lots of theoretically possible scenarios ranging from a systemic design or manufacturing flaw to the US to China to terrorists, but Soviet KGB officer become dictator who's nuts are being squeezed in a vice of his own making is the least improbable by a fair margin.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Kaliningrad is their major Baltic sea base and it's only 150 miles or so away, don't even need to go all the way to St. Petersburg to find a base.

Not sure if that means they had lots of opportunities or that seeing Russian vessels in the area isn't really a smoking gun....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant that Russian vessels go through there all the time and have been for hundreds of years. But now that you mention it, it also means they have plenty of opportunity. I could also see us doing it to keep the Germans from going wobbly, and if anyone can pull it off without getting caught it would be the USN UDT. I can see the Poles doing it to sucker punch both of their historical rivals in the mouth at the same time.

Realistically, the pipelines from Russia were as good as fucked when they invaded. I fully expect the rest of them to be sabotaged as well. It is too easy to do and too tempting of a target.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If the Russians did it, would they not simply place an inspection thing-a-ma-jig with explosives into the pipe and let it run a few miles and then detonate?  Much easier than divers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nothing except Biden publicly stating he would put an end to Nordstream2 if Russia invaded Ukraine.

How much clearer could this possibly be that the US government blew up the pipelines?

Only a liberals are frantically looking elsewhere for someone else to falsely blame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your proposed false flags would be blatant and require Putin to do something that he doesn't have the combat power to do short of WMDs.  I don't believe Putin is mush-brained enough to openly use nukes or chemical weapons.  Your proposed false flags would therefore result in Putin losing face and risking his life and political power.  I also believe that not even Biden is mush-brained enough to commit an act of war against Germany and/or Russia.

There are lots of theoretically possible scenarios ranging from a systemic design or manufacturing flaw to the US to China to terrorists, but Soviet KGB officer become dictator who's nuts are being squeezed in a vice of his own making is the least improbable by a fair margin.
View Quote
Ok. Let's put the notion of systemic design flaw, accident, operator error etc to bed.  The chances of 4 leaks in two systems all developing in a day or so without it being intentional is zero.

Somebody blew them up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If the Russians did it, would they not simply place an inspection thing-a-ma-jig with explosives into the pipe and let it run a few miles and then detonate?  Much easier than divers.
View Quote
Sure. I think. I am not a pipeline guy but I know they shove squeegee butt plug  things in there.  Seems like that would require product to be flowing to move it along...but maybe not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder if we used the modern version of this thing. Totally awesome.  OG model had a range of 18nm. I bet it goes super far now

Navy SEAL Air-Dropped Stealth Commando Submarine
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#50]

He keeps getting away with it!
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top