Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2015 7:55:19 AM EDT
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/10/06/ben-carson-gun-control-snowden-trump/73370350/

NEW YORK — Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who trails only Donald Trump at the top of the Republican presidential field, says the lesson of the nation's latest mass shooting isn't to enact more limits on guns but to consider whether gun-free zones actually may be drawing shooters.

In a wide-ranging interview with Capital Download, Carson endorsed expanding efforts to identify and treat the mentally ill before they commit acts of violence. He also suggested it might make sense to arm kindergarten teachers, and he rejected as wrong-headed proposals to restore the ban on military-style assault weapons.

I'm liking this guy more and more.  Much less bombastic than the other candidate.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No dice man-  Ben wants to create a national database of potentially dangerous persons to be prohibited from owning firearms....

Not only is such a thing ripe for future abuse, but we already have such a database of people prohibited from exercising this Fundamental Right: they're called CONVICTED felons
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I trust Carson more than Trump, Clinton and Sanders right now.  I don't want to say lesser of 2 evils but Carson will do less damage to me to me on the 2 Amendment than the others.  I can not take Donald Trump seriously.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No dice man-  Ben wants to create a national database of potentially dangerous persons to be prohibited from owning firearms....

Not only is such a thing ripe for future abuse, but we already have such a database of people prohibited from exercising this Fundamental ']CONVICTED[/span] felons
View Quote

And anybody who has been "adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution”.  But we hardly do that anymore, we just dope them up on a cocktail of antidepressants and cross our fingers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I trust Carson more than Trump, Clinton and Sanders right now.  I don't want to say lesser of 2 evils but Carson will do less damage to me to me on the 2 Amendment than the others.  I can not take Donald Trump seriously.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I live to close to the city for Ben to allow me to own semi-autos so he doesn't get my vote.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://bobmaconbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Trump.jpg

But.  But. But I can retire in 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Trump is falling, and Carson and Fiorina are rising. I can safely predict that none of them will be the Republican nominee. The institutional underpinnings just aren't there.  A successful candidate usually has some previous experience in elective office. Watch Rubio.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I live to close to the city for Ben to allow me to own semi-autos so he doesn't get my vote.
View Quote

Does he give a radius? Agreed, can't have one set of rules for one place and another for those in the country.

Besides the 2A side, he seems more rational.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does he give a radius? Agreed, can't have one set of rules for one place and another for those in the country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's just like Trump and Christie who suddenly realized they're now pro 2A because their handlers have told them they need to be. Sorry Ben, I'm not buying it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I trust Carson about as far as I can piss.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#11]
He's just like Trump and Christie who suddenly realized they're now pro 2A because their handlers have told them they need to be. Sorry Ben, I'm not buying it.
View All Quotes

Sadly we are being fed either Trump, Carson or the Bush-Lite for our choices at the moment.

What a cluster
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Cruz 2016

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trump is falling, and Carson and Fiorina are rising. I can safely predict that none of them will be the Republican nominee. The institutional underpinnings just aren't there.  A successful candidate usually has some previous experience in elective office. Watch Rubio.
View Quote

I might agree with you if we were talking about a normal job, where previous experience is needed. However, I’d like to point out that very experienced pols have gotten us into this current mess and I doubt that any of them can/want to get us out of it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sadly we are being fed either Trump, Carson or the Bush-Lite for our choices at the moment.

What a cluster
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What a cluster

Yeah but the nice thing about trump is he's the one holding the spoon feeding us. whereas the others have elephants & lobbyists feeding us their candidates.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cruz 2016  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not only is such a thing ripe for future abuse, but we already have such a database of people prohibited from exercising this Fundamental ']CONVICTED[/span] felons
View Quote

Where on earth did you get that from the article cited?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While Carson once supported the idea of banning assault weapons and armor-piercing ammunition, he says he changed his mind after he read more about the history of tyranny, a subject explored in his new 240-page book.
"Reading people like Daniel Webster, who talked about tyranny in Europe and said it would never occur in America because the American people were armed," he says. "When you look at tyranny and how it occurs, the pattern is so consistent: Get rid of the guns for the people first so you can go in and dominate them."
Asked whether many Americans worried less about the threat from the government and more about the threat of fellow citizens armed with assault rifles, Carson replied: "You need to be able to protect yourself from both."

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

While Carson once supported the idea of banning assault weapons and armor-piercing ammunition, he says he changed his mind after he read more about the history of tyranny, a subject explored in his new 240-page book.
"Reading people like Daniel Webster, who talked about tyranny in Europe and said it would never occur in America because the American people were armed," he says. "When you look at tyranny and how it occurs, the pattern is so consistent: Get rid of the guns for the people first so you can go in and dominate them."
Asked whether many Americans worried less about the threat from the government and more about the threat of fellow citizens armed with assault rifles, Carson replied: "You need to be able to protect yourself from both."

Yeah and Christie has changed his mind too.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#19]
No thanks.
On immigration:

Even today we exploit our fellow human beings for work. Is it moral for us, for example, to take advantage of cheap labor from illegal immigrants while denying them citizenship? I'm sure you can tell from the way I phrased the question that I believe we have taken the moral low road on this issue. Some segments of our economy would virtually collapse without these undocumented workers—we all know that—yet we continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families. (From his 2012 book, America the Beautiful.)

On handguns

I realize that some feel the United States and other world powers with nuclear weapons have no right to declare that others cannot have them. On the surface this seems like a fair argument, but can you imagine how many deaths would occur if everyone were given a handgun? Perhaps it would be fair to give everyone a handgun, but it certainly would not be wise. (From America the Beautiful.)

On semi-automatic firearms:

"It depends on where you live, I think. If you live in the midst of a lot of people and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it. If you live out in the country somewhere by yourself, I have no problem." (In an interview with Glenn Beck)

On evolution:
“A lot of people believe in God, but I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary [Satan].”
View Quote

I'm sure many Republicans will vote for him just to prove to liberals how not racist they are.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No GOP contender, including Cruz, hasn't had a misstep on the guns issue.

To say that Christie's long anti gun history is the same as Carson's gaff is insane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top