Vietnam. (Page 40 of 43)
Page / 43
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess who this good looking guy is , just returned from RR in Sydney Australia and yes I had a awesome time there , the pic is at 11th cav HQ in Quan Loi ..
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, gentlemen, for your service and sacrifice.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1111611173131165697

Big & Rich - 8th Of November [OFFICIAL VIDEO]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Today is the 50th anniversary of my last day in the field with a rifle company. On May 6 Lt Waltz platoon (6 guys) dropped  off a river bank into the bottom only to discover there was already an NVA platoon (35 guys) there also. Our 6 guys fought it out with them till all the NVA were dead. Lt Piggee and his platoon and me and the weapons platoon tried to get there to help but by the time we got there it was all over. No Americans were hurt.

That evening we got notice that helicopters were coming for us the next morning. They sent 2 Chinooks for us but the entire company fit on one. To say the least the company was under strength.

The morning of May 7 we flew to LZ Professional and took up perimeter security and the artillery battalion I worked for sent me to LZ Fat City to work as a Fire Direction Officer. Most of the rest of my time in Vietnam was spent in a bunker covered in sand bags and relative safety.

I couldn't have guessed I would live this long.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 72coupe:
Today is the 50th anniversary of my last day in the field with a rifle company. On May 6 Lt Waltz platoon (6 guys) dropped  off a river bank into the bottom only to discover there was already an NVA platoon (35 guys) there also. Our 6 guys fought it out with them till all the NVA were dead. Lt Piggee and his platoon and me and the weapons platoon tried to get there to help but by the time we got there it was all over. No Americans were hurt.

That evening we got notice that helicopters were coming for us the next morning. They sent 2 Chinooks for us but the entire company fit on one. To say the least the company was under strength.

The morning of May 7 we flew to LZ Professional and took up perimeter security and the artillery battalion I worked for sent me to LZ Fat City to work as a Fire Direction Officer. Most of the rest of my time in Vietnam was spent in a bunker covered in sand bags and relative safety.

View Quote
Here’s to you sticking around a bit longer
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I am trying to hang in there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Today is my 50th Birthday.
In a Queens, NY hospital my parents were celebrating the birth of their son while at the same time, thousands of miles away Americans warriors were fighting for their lives.  
Throughout my life I wondered how many Americans were killed in Vietnam the day of my birth.  I'm happy to hear in your case, the answer is zero.
The battle for Hamburger Hill started 2 days later while I was sleeping in a hospital incubator.
Shit like this keeps me awake at night.

I'm happy I am here posting this on my 50th, and I am equally happy YOU are here reading it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:50:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#9]
Anyone in the USMC remember serving with a Cpl. Stan Lekander?

Edit: This would have been 1965 - 1967.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Sunday-Monday, July 08-10, 1967Operation Buffalo
Jack Riley I/3/9

I'm now looking for any and all targets of opportunity along with my alternate spotter, GySgt. Francis Xavier Muldowney. He stays on the binoculars non-stop looking for any camo that appears out of place. This operation has proven fruitful for all snipers across our line.

There has been a steady stream of our attack aircraft dropping both HE and Napalm bombs on NVA in the open. One thing I shall never forget is seeing one of our planes lining up wrong on his attack run. This was an Air Force F4 jet and he obviously had been given the wrong scoop by his FAC on the ground. We all start yelling "No, No," as he is making his run, as if he could hear us! Then, we see him release what looked like a 500 pound HE (High Explosive) bomb on the Marines from 1/3. They suffered many casualties, including KIAs, from this mistake! We all know the pilot did not do this on purpose but, I am positive, if he is still alive, it still haunts him! All blamed on the proverbial "Fog of War!"

What happens next has everyone perturbed! A message from regimental command has Alpha and Charlie company 1/9 moving immediately to Con Thien to rejoin their command. BLT 1/3 is to move to an extraction point where they will be helo-lifted back to their ship. We, India, Kilo, and Lima 3/9, are to haul ass back to the South side of the Trace. We are not to engage any NVA units!

We finally have a large NVA force in the open where we can bring our forces to bear and kill them, so why are we pulling back? Some are speculating that the number of USA KIAs are reached a maximum allowable level for this period and, the Political Correctness Police have called a stop to our operation! This is INSANE!

Major Woody Woodring, our 3/9 CO orders an artillery and smoke barrage for our mad dash back to the Southern edge of the Trace. We send scouts ahead to insure there is not a large force now behind us. The scouts return having seen nothing and, our mad dash South commences along with the smoke screen. Once we have arrived at our previous location from a few days ago, we find several places where NVA have abandoned cooking fires. So, now we know that we also have an enemy force cut off from their parent command and obviously running low on supplies! And yet, we are now prohibited from pursuing and destroying a sizable NVA force!

Warriors hate the Political Correctness of this war and, the politicians who are afraid of the Chinese, running the show back in Washington D. C.!  We next find out that we are to rejoin, that means walk, to our Forward Operating Base at Cam Lo.

It is July 10, 1967 and now I have celebrated both my 22nd and 23rd birthdays in Vietnam. Our participation in any fighting during the remainder of Operation Buffalo has come to an end. Not because we could not have annihilated the enemy but, simply Washington's will to NOT win this war!

We do spend time providing security for tanks as they too are withdrawing from the Trace. We think there has to be a plan in place to allow us to do what we do and, that is kill the enemy! The NVA must think our leadership running this war are NUTS! And, we would agree with them!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Wednesday-Saturday, July 5-8, 1967Operation Buffalo, Days 4-7
Jack Riley I/3/9

Now that India Company is once again consolidated under the command of Captain Navadel, we continue our move northward searching for any remaining Bravo KIA. Our line consist of Alpha and Charlie 1/9, India, Kilo, and Lima 3/9 and, BLT 1/3. Our movement is slowed by the many evidences of NVA presence in the area. All such evidence must be first secured to insure there are no boobie traps. We find a fully intact 60mm mortar with many rounds of ammo. Lima finds an 82mm mortar and ammo. There are also NVA packs scattered all over a wide area.

Now that all of the possible Bravo KIA's have been found, we think that we will finally be able to make contact with NVA infantry. Scuttlebutt has it that two divisions of NVA have crossed the Ben Hai river with orders to take out Con Thien and Gio Linh. Then again, it is scuttlebutt but, too often scuttlebutt has a habit of being truth or, close to it!

There is a Marine Recon unit observing the river and they report large elements of NVA crossing the river. They also report seeing NVA trucks across the border resupplying their artillery batteries dug in along the ridges across the river. Their artillery and rocket supplies must be running low since they are willing to attempt their resupply during daylight hours. These NVA soft targets are too good for our attack jets to pass up. Everywhere there is a cloud of dust, indicating an NVA truck, are immediately attacked and destroyed by our aircraft.

We set in each night with our LP's and FO's posted to warn of any impending ground assault. None transpire!

On July 5th, Captain Bill (Crunch) Conger assumes command of India, allowing Captain George Navadel to move back to his regular post as Battalion S-3, Operations Officer.

Word finally comes down from S-2 advising of a large scale NVA assault. India Company pulls back approximately 100 meters to a more defensible position. The assault is preceded by a tremendous artillery and rocket attack in the position we had just vacated! Artillery, rockets, and mortars are hitting across our front from what we found out later were 20 different NVA positions. The barrage lasted at least 30 minutes! Amazingly, there were no reports of casualties from any Marine company!

Next, the NVA start advancing infantry in broad daylight! This is really my first opportunity to use my sniper rifle to great effect on this operation and, targets of opportunity are only 100 meters or so away! I'm looking for NVA officers as our Marines pour fire into their ranks! Next, we received word that our air support will be dropping Daisy Cutter bombs, that explode just above the ground, directly in front of our positions. We get as low as possible knowing the carnage Daisy Cutters can do! Shrapnel screams overhead and we know the NVA have been cut to pieces! Now the NVA are retreating back to the North as our attack aircraft continue their deadly dives!

Earlier we had scrambled to supply more LAAW's and 3.5 rocket anti-tank rounds to the squads. We were also expecting to see NVA tanks for the first time ever on the battle field. That would have been a tremendous mistake with our attack aircraft overhead. In earlier months, we had become accustomed to seeing NVA SAM missiles shooting at our aircraft attacking NVA artillery position across the DMZ. Now, we see one of their missiles shoot down one of our A-6 planes. The pilot was later rescued we found out after the operation ended.

Observations over the last few days: The NVA are either trying to draw our attention to the DMZ, so they can attack another area or; they have gravely miscalculated our resolve to revenge the attack on B/1/9! There are NVA body parts and gear everywhere! It always amazes me how willing they are to sacrifice their men against us! The smell of death is everywhere!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Tuesday, July 04, 1967Operation Buffalo, Day 3
Jack Riley I/3/9

At first light, as the BLT continues to move into position, we are instructed to place air panels forward of our positions so attacking aircraft can see us. Each squad has 2 Marines designated to keep orange vests in their packs just for such occasions. There is a problem in one platoon and they do not have their panels so, they use the C-Ration box sleeves as a substitute. While the squad has moved forward placing the panels in place, one of our attack aircraft drops a bomb on the hill they had just left. No harm done but, later in the operation another Marine company was not as fortunate!

The companies now continue their push forward into the Marketplace ambush site of B/1/9, all the while NVA continue their harassing mortar and sniper fire. It falls to India's 3rd Platoon to recover our KIA's at this location. Since the NVA have routinely used our KIA's to rig boobie traps, a rope is secured to eack KIA leg, then pulled from a safe distance, just in case there is a grenade or other explosive device lying underneath. The bodies are then moved to a tank for transport to Con Thien.
We have been without a Captain ever since the 3rd but, with two platoons opcon to K and L companies, Top Bryce Lee has been running the CP. We received comm from our battalion 6 that another Captain is headed our way. It is Captain Bob Swigart, the former Mike Co. CO, who has but three days remaining on his tour. His wife had already started traveling to the West Coast to meet him on his arrival. Captain Swigart had been serving as the S-4 and everything on him was brand new! He stood out like a sore thumb compared to we that had now been in the bush for over two weeks. He was warned by everyone that snipers were everywhere! When he arrived he checked with Captain Jerry Giles, the CO of Kilo and, was told to hold our position until Kilo plus one platoon from India, assaulted an NVA held vil. Capt. Swigart's radio operator was pleading with him to get on the deck but, the captain would not not listen! Then, after moving forward a few steps, he just drops, an NVA sniper had killed him. He was our CO for less than half an hour!

We are next advised that our S-3 will be coming to assume command of India Company. This is good news since the S-3 is Captain George Navadel, our former CO from our AN Hoa days in 1966. We are very glad to see him back with his old company!

We next move into the line for our continued push northward. A resupply chopper lands and I see L/Cpl. Billy Edmonds disembark the 34. Billy was the A-Gunner in Geoff Lombard gun team, who had been ordered by Top Lee, to stay back in Cam Lo due to illness. I rushed over to him, telling him to stay clear of Top or he would be in trouble. Billy took one step in front of me and just dropped! A sniper's round had killed him instantly. I'm sure the sniper had me in his sights since I was carrying a Marine Sniper Rifle. I still have one of Billy's dog tags and, will place it next to his name on The Wall next June when India 3/9 has our next reunion. Billy has no living relatives!

We receive orders to pull back to our night defensive positions after reaching our LOA (Limit of Advance).
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Monday July 03, 1967Operation Buffalo Day 2
Jack Riley I/3/9

The previous week was spent coping with enemy snipers harassing us on a daily basis. Since we are the Sparrow Hawk battalion, it is our responsibility to be flown to the aid of any Marine unit in trouble. Making the airborne insertion, was made more difficult on this operation, due to all CH-46 aircraft being grounded. A problem arose with cracks in their rotor blades. Therefore, the trusty old 34's were relied upon to get us to the fight. The problem was, only 4-5 combat loaded Marines could be flown in at a time.

Flying into a hot LZ, one where artillery, mortars, machine guns, and small arms fire is everywhere, tests the courage of all involved, particularly the pilots! Seeing tracers streaming past your chopper is not a happy feeling! The pilot of the 34 that I was on had guts! He just went straight into the LZ without hesitation! Other pilots circled a time or two before coming in. Either way, they were very brave for flying us into such a hell storm of incoming!

Landing while it is still light made it much easier to solidify our position even though the NVA artillery had our position registered. We moved East to the road heading North along which 1/9 was ambushed. I found Lt. Gaul and it was here we dug in for the night

We are finally able to get the remainder of India Company landed safely onboard here at the Trace by late morning. We receive word that the Special Landing Force (1/3) will be coming in and tying into Lima Co 3/9 on our right flank. Once in place, we will have one platoon attached to Lima and, another platoon attached to Kilo, on our left flank.

We start moving North along 1/9's route of march. It falls to India Co.'s 2nd Platoon to recover 1/9's many KIA's as 3/9 and 1/3 locate their bodies. What we discover, caused much anger and resentment toward the NVA to this day! We find Marines in an advanced state of decomposition. It is impossible to distinguish between whites or blacks since they are all black and bloated. The smell of death is something we Marines will never forget. We even try donning our gas mask to block the smell but, that doesn't work either!

Marines are found who were wounded and then overrun. The NVA then proceeded to shoot those wounded Marines in the head, executing them! The area had 782 gear, personal gear, and even photos strone all over the place. These Marines were all caught in an NVA set piece where no mercy was shown to our wounded! We Marines never forget seeing something like this! Nor, could we understand why 1/9 was moving up the road in column as they were? We load the bodies onto tanks moving with us. When a tank has as many dead as it can transport, it travels to Con Thien where they are placed into body bags. The next day we have body bags in the field when we reach B/1/9's dead.

NVA snipers continuously harass us as we continue our northward movement!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Operation Buffalo begins.Jack Riley I/3/9

We have been on a Search and Destroy operation South of Quang Tri City for several days now. Much walking in the blazing heat but, no contact. Our 13 pounds Flak Jacket and steel pot helmet are both mandatory personal protective equipment but, are each heat sinks making the 100 plus degrees feel more like 120 degrees. Many Marines in my company have chosen not to wear a jungle shirt under their Flak Jackets. I chose to wear the shirt, because it gives me extra pockets for maps, pens, reflecting mirror, and extra ammo! Some have even gone so far as to remove some of the heavy plates from their Flak Jackets thus, defeating the purpose of the jacket! I learned the real value of the Flak Jacket at our battle for Getlin's Corner. My jacket there had absorbed so much shrapnel that it became unserviceable. Any one of those hits could have killed me! I was very thankful for those jackets that next morning when daylight finally came and, I could see how fortunate I was to have it protecting me.

When I first arrived in Vietnam, one year earlier, we did not wear Flak Jackets or Steel Pot Helmets! Our then CO felt like they helped contribute to some of the heat stroke cases we were having in the company. I agreed with him; they were heavy and very hot! We were doing a lot of running down South to assist sister companies in contact with the enemy. It is very difficult to run with 70 + pounds on your back! One of our battles, back in September, resulted in us having 66 WIA's, including yours truly. After that battle, our battalion CO ordered that everyone in the field would wear the Flak Jacket and Helmet, case closed!

Our last night on the Quang Tri operation was July 1st. One of our Marines in the company CP, standing radio watch in his fighting hole, was L/Cpl. Wayne Weston from Richmond, Virginia. An unwelcomed visitor to his fighting hole that night was a giant, foot long centipede! The thing bit Wayne causing his entire head to start swelling! Doc Kahuna kept a close watch on him to make sure that the swelling did not impair his ability to breathe. Wayne did have to endure all the "Big Head" jokes the Marines were shooting his way. He was finally seen at the BAS when we were ordered back to Dong Ha later that afternoon. Top Lee, whom we all in the CP loved, took great pleasure in describing Wayne's "Big Head" for all in hearing range! Wayne had bugged Top Lee forever about going out with the company on an operation! Top cared deeply about each Marine in the company and, having said that, every Marine was also subject to Top's endless stream of self-deprecating jokes!

We get a radio call from our battalion CP, ordering India Company to immediately move to map coordinates on Highway One, where trucks from 9th MT, will pick us up and, deliver us to the Dong Ha airstrip. Once there, we are to pick up one C-Ration meal, water, and a full TO load of ammo. We are to wait for choppers to ferry us to the aid of Bravo 1/9 who is in heavy contact with NVA forces at map coordinates identified as the Marketplace.

The entire 1st Battalion, 9th Marines had started a new operation called Buffalo. Bravo Company is moving North in column when they are ambushed by a large enemy force. Bravo Company had just moved into an NVA invasion of division strength, across the DMZ. The NVA goal was to destroy our Marine positions at both Con Thien and Gio Linh!

The choppers finally arrive to start inserting us onto the Trace, also known as McNamara's Line. I was the India Company sniper and worked for the CO, Capt. Ed Coyle and Top Lee. The platoons' squads were assigned helo teams for insertion. I got aboard the first chopper going in and was to report via radio our situation to Top. When we arrived above the Trace, I could see that our LZ was being impacted by NVA incoming artillery. I communicated this to all aboard our lead chopper so they would know to double time to any protective positions available in their zone. It was our job to secure the LZ for all of the next choppers to land. NVA rounds were coming in as each bird made their approach meaning, NVA spotters were very close to our position. We were able to ferry two platoons into the LZ before it became too dark and dangerous for our last platoon and the CP to make it in. They would have to wait until daylight on July 3rd before finally landing several hundred meters from our original insertion location due to heavy incoming NVA artillery.

The night of the 2nd was spent quickly preparing fighting positions in case the NVA tried assaulting our location. The Skipper was very upset that the choppers would not fly him in that night. Top Lee informed me that the Skipper was due to rotate on July 4th. I then understood why he was so insistent about getting into the field. Top wanted to make sure that if and when the Skipper reached our position, that he be put onto the first chopper shortly thereafter going out! He wanted to stay with the company but, was eventually convinced that he should not miss his flight date home!

Incoming enemy artillery is something most feared by any infantryman! You can easily hear the rounds penetrating through the air! After a while, we became quite adept at identifying anything incoming, just by the sounds they make before exploding on impact. Some rounds seemed to scream on their approach! All the while, we are praying that the shells will fall short or, pass over our positions! During pauses in the shelling, we are on 100% alert for any enemy probing actions within our perimeter.

The Marine positions at Con Thien and Gio Linh were the most heavily attacked locations in Vietnam! Each would receive several hundred rounds of NVA artillery and mortars each and every day, shot from across the border in North Vietnam. I lost some very close friends at both locations! There are Marine veterans who, even today, have issues with PTS due to their constant exposure to artillery barrages at Con Thien and Gio Linh! During WWI it was called Shell Shock but it is the very same cause. The 'not knowing' as each round comes screaming in, and then the relief when the explosion is heard away from your position. But then, the screams for help or "Corpsman Up" upon the realization that your buddies are hurt or dead! Facing men in "Hand to Hand" combat does not even begin to cause the same level of fear as incoming artillery! A direct hit on a fighting hole containing two Marines could turn both into a mist of red! No bodies, no nothing! They are just gone! Some families of the dead can never understand why there is no body to bury. I think there are times when there is a casket for the family but, it is marked "Do Not Open!" One of my Marines served as the burial detail before volunteering for Vietnam. He just could not take that duty any longer!

We are anxious to move to Bravo's aid but, with this level of incoming artillery, plus the fact that our CP has not made it into the field, we are stuck here for the night!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Oops, messed up the order, but it's a detailed account of Operation Buffalo.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#17]
More from Jack:

Perimeter Security and Boredom!

I joined India 3/9 in July 1966 at An Hoa, about 14 miles SW of Da Nang. It was hot! The kind of heat that just sucks the air from your lungs! My new squad leader, Sgt. Bob Hickey, placed me into Cpl. Cassius 'Mongoose' Mizner's 1st fireteam. Being the 'New Guy', I was also presented the squad's PRC 10 radio and, given a crash refresher course on how to calibrate and use it. I hated that old radio! The thing always needed re-calibrating and, batteries lasted no time at all! That meant, heavy extra batteries had to also be humped in my pack. Did I mention that I hated that radio; except when we really needed it! It would be the Fall before the new PRC 25, click calibrated, radios were delivered to the Marines. By that time, I wasn't the radio operator any longer but, I did gain command and control experience that would prove vital in the many months ahead.

So, back to the blazing heat of Summer, 1966. Companies within our battalion, were rotated between the battalion rear (An Hoa) and company patrol bases in the field. Whichever company had the security for An Hoa, provided Fireteams to man the many defensive positions in our sector, just in case the VC decided to attack in broad daylight! One Marine was always on watch at each location. The other 2 Marines were supposed to work enhancing the position but, one can only fill so many sandbags before they all fall down! So, we either worked on our Vietnam tan, tried to sleep, or came up with some sort of game requiring competitive skill using a knife! Evidently, it is in every Marine's DNA that, when bored, he must play games with sharp objects!

In my day in the Corps, you were either a "Chuck Dude" (white), or a "Splib Dude" (black). One of my dearest friends in Vietnam was Bill Jordan, a Splib Dude. Mongoose, Bill and I made up our Fireteam! Now Bill, saw himself as quite the expert knife thrower. I forget the name but, there was this game where Marines would throw a knife to see how close they could get to their opponent's boot, without them pulling away! I didn't play that game because if your opponent stuck you in the foot, you were not the winner, you were the LOSER! Now having to explain to the TOP how stupid you are!

The game Bill and I played required more skill and, no one got stuck! We would remove the tin lid from a can of C-Rations. We placed that lid against the side of the bunker while we each tried to stick the lid from given distances.

I was never a good poker player, or as one of my men once said, "we could always tell when you drew a good card by the look in your eye!" But I can throw a knife! I actually taught myself to throw knives as a boy, by using my Dad's many different screw-drivers. In fact, I can throw a screw driver better than a knife!

Back to Bill. His technique was all wrong but, hey, this was a contest. I had to keep Bill in the game, so I often missed on purpose, praising Bill's expert throws. Now we did wager but, it was the pride of the throw that really mattered!

I threw a KaBar Marine Corps Fighting Knife and Bill threw his bayonet from his M-14 rifle. I admit the bayonet was more difficult to throw so on one occasion I offered to let Bill throw my KaBar while I, just to make things fair, would throw a wireman's screw driver. The wireman just happened to be repairing the landlines running to the bunkers. Bill jumped at the chance to throw my KaBar! After a few throws, it was all over and I finally confessed to Bill that I learned to throw using screw drivers!

I don't know how many hours collectively Bill and I threw at that piece of tin but, we were two Marine brothers enduring the heat of the sun as well as the heat of battle!

When 3/9 left An Hoa for Hai Van Pass in the mountains, Bill was a short-timer. He remained at An Hoa with 2/5 and then rotated home. Some weeks later, I received a letter from Bill and he was stationed at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. We lost track of each other after that.

Bill, if you read this, get in touch brother! I still have that KaBar and a tin can lid we can use!
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#18]
After I rotated out of the field I went to an artillery battery on LZ Fat City. Lt Dowd who was the other fire direction officer got word that his father had died and he could go home he left his large Buck knife there and during quiet times all of would take turns sticking that thing into the large beams that were used to hold up all the sand bags on the roof.

Lt. Dowd never did come back and I was left pulling a 24 hour shift for the rest of my time in country.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Turned another year older on the 21 of Dec. my dance step is a little slower but I can get up and shake it with the best of them at 71 , I want to wish all my brothers and sisters here at arfcom a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year , We Made it another Year Ed ..
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of your photos are in much better shape than the ones I have, but I'll share some of the better ones. These are from my father who served from 67-69 and some I received a few years ago from someone he served with that reached out to me. He passed away in 1991 from Agent Orange related cancers. Here is what I know about where he served: He was in Recon 3/21. He patrolled 2 of the deadliest valleys in all Nam. Hiep Duc Valley and Que Son Valley, nicknamed Death Valley and AK Valley respectfully.

3/21 patch. This patch is on a black beret that he had.  If anyone here was in 3/21 or knew my father, please PM me.
Attachment Attached File

My father on the left.
Attachment Attached File

My father with a captured AK. Note they carved Assassins into the stock.
Attachment Attached File

My father on the right.
Attachment Attached File

Helicopters
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Best thread on the internet.

May all of you have a Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:
Best thread on the internet.
View Quote
I agree.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By apmonte:
A lot of your photos are in much better shape than the ones I have, but I'll share some of the better ones. These are from my father who served from 67-69 and some I received a few years ago from someone he served with that reached out to me. He passed away in 1991 from Agent Orange related cancers. Here is what I know about where he served: He was in Recon 3/21. He patrolled 2 of the deadliest valleys in all Nam. Hiep Duc Valley and Que Son Valley, nicknamed Death Valley and AK Valley respectfully.

3/21 patch. This patch is on a black beret that he had.  If anyone here was in 3/21 or knew my father, please PM me.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109479/AssassinsPatch3_jpg-1206182.JPG

My father on the left.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109479/img327_jpg-1206186.JPG

My father with a captured AK. Note they carved Assassins into the stock.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109479/img331_jpg-1206187.JPG

My father on the right.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109479/img395_jpg-1206200.JPG

Helicopters
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/109479/img322_jpg-1206174.JPG
View Quote
Is that a suppressor on that M16 in the pic with your father on the right? I have never seen one on an M16 in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#26]

My wife (in the dark shirt) wants to thank every serviceman that fought for her country. And she is sorry for everyone that lost their life protecting her people from the communists.
This photo was taken in 1977 after those M**** F****'s took over.

Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 72coupe] [#28]
Apmonte I worked for the 1/46 Infantry off LZ Baldy for 7 months In the same area as 3/21 I have been on those same hills in your pictures.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Great thread bump, and Merry Christmas to you fine gents!
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you all for your service. I was in the last draft but my notice was canceled a week before I was suppost to report.  don't know how that happened but it did.  Had many many friends and relation in country. some came home some did not.  My father, 3 of his brothers, father n law and 3 of his brothers were all in WWII and all came home some were wounded.  I wish I had them back to talk with. use to listen for hours to there stories while in the war.  Thank you all for sharing your stories THEY NEED TO BE HEARD AND REMEMBERED.  My best friend was in country and was in the battle of hamburger hill from start to finish and has pictures of him taken setting under the sign on the tree.  they did a article for the local paper a few years ago 4 page about him and the battle.  Hes still living and active always giving of his time especially to other vets.  Great guy.

THANK YOU ALL for sharing and your service.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Merry Christmas y'all.

The "Christmas Bird" that ferried Bob Hope around in 1970.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/766/Santa1-1206329.jpg
View Quote
That pic is so cool!

Merry Christmas everyone  
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Merry Christmas,  Bad asses!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Merry Christmas Vietnam veterans.   I've known quite a few, and not a single one was anything like what Hollywood portrayed.   Some of the very finest Americans I've ever known.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Merry Christmas to everyone!  We made it through another year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#35]
You, too, Driver!!

and Welcome🇺🇸Home,
Brothers🍻
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: somedude] [#36]
saw this on facebook.  thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

"Merry Christmas,captain! What's that burning in the back? Smells bad!"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#37]
@30Caliber just posted some pictures from his father's days in "1969-1970. Bien Hoa, Song Be, An Loc areas. He was a FAC flying an O-1E."

I can't remember if they are also posted earlier in this thread but felt they would be of interest to those here.

Link to 30Caliber's Father's Photos
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#38]
From Jack:

We went to Foodland yesterday and they are still running out of milk and eggs.

There was a time in Vietnam that we Marines had not seen real eggs for several months. We were well passed the craving state! One day, while returning from a patrol, we came upon an Army Six-By truck parked at a Vietnamese store that possessed three things we desperately needed; cans of bacon, a whole case of fresh eggs, plus a Ma Deuce, ie. .50 caliber machine gun! The truck was left with no guard so, the finders keepers rule was in effect.

The fried bacon provided the grease needed to properly fry an egg in our steel helmets. Oh, it was sooo good! The Ma Deuce helped our fixed position at Khe Gio Bridge provide more firepower.

Did I mention, we LOVE the Army!
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
more from Jack:

Those of us who were involved know this.  Most Americans do not. It's time they did, but I guess only a few of us care anymore.

A REMINDER IN HISTORY

General VoNguyen Giap.

General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader
of the North Vietnam military.  The following quote
is from his memoirs currently found in the
Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:
"What we still don't understand is why you Americans
stopped the bombing of Hanoi.  You had us on the
ropes.  If you had pressed us a little harder,
just for another day or two, we were ready
to surrender.  It was the same at the
battle of TET.  You defeated us.
We knew it, and we thought you knew it.
But we were elated to notice your media was
helping us.  They were causing more disruption in
America than we could in the battlefields.  We
were ready to surrender.  You had won!"
General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed
what most Americans knew.  The Vietnam war was not
lost in Vietnam  it was lost at home.  The same
slippery slope, sponsored by the U.S. media, is currently underway.
It exposes the enormous power of a biased media
to cut out the heart and will of the American public.
A truism worthy of note: . . .
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life.

Fear the media, for they will distort your grasp of reality and destroy your honor.

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Question. Do any of you remember having a cold or the flu while you were taking the malaria preventive?

I don't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snake_driver] [#41]
Question. Do any of you remember having a cold or the flu while you were taking the malaria preventive?

I don't.
View Quote

I do.  In the fall of '72, when I was at the 17th Cav. in Pleiku, someone went home on leave and brought back a raging case of the Hong Kong Flu (or whatever version it was that year).  It went through the troop like wildfire.  It was so bad that we became operationally ineffective and they had to shut down our operations for about 10 days.  Everyone had high fever and were puking & shitting like crazy.

I have some weird highly active immune system that keeps me healthy through thick & thin, so I was one of the very few who didn't get sick despite being exposed by going around and doing my best Florence Nightingale to see what I could do to help out.  It was pretty ugly for a while.

Most of the people I knew, including myself, didn't take the anti-malaria pills because of the side-effects.  There's nothing worse that getting the shits when you are out flying around in enemy territory for hours in a closed cockpit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I took the pills when I was in the Delta with the 82nd , out medic actually watched us take them till end of Aug. once I transferred to the 11th ACR pill taking was over , and never had a cold while in country , I did have some nasty trench rot just like everyone else did ...
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Marines and family,

Fifty-three years seems like a very long time, but for many of my brother Marines, it still seems like yesterday. The events of March 30, 1967, are forever burned into our memories. Even the things that happened during the three days leading up to Getlin's Corner, remain fresh in my mind.

We tend to remember events of great stress, of fear, of thirst, or of hunger. Three of those things happened for us at Getlin's Corner! Marines could be heard uttering Psalm 23, especially verse 4: Yea though
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For thou art with me! We overcame fear that day! Yet I, as well as everyone else were still afraid. Afraid of what? It was not the enemy! We were afraid that we would let our brother Marines down. I personally was afraid for the Marines I led.

Men die in battle! It is how we respond to those deaths that determines our ability to lead. Men whom we knew as a brother, lie motionless on the ground! Why did that enemy mortar round have to land here? For many, the rounds were in the air, as we moved to attack. We could not let these good men die in vain!

Fifteen brothers died that day! Six of those deaths occurred with my squad. These were men who overcame fear in what seemed at the time, a suicide assault into the enemy positions. They never hesitated when I gave the order! Were we successful when so many died? I know they were, for had they not reclaimed our position, we on Hill 70, might all have perished. We owe our lives to these men, who fought against such overwhelming odds!

God rest their souls!

Albert Anter, Ruben Armenta, Jim Blevins, John Bobo, Eddie Cannon, Larry Crumbaker, Mike Getlin, Don Krick, Jack Loweranitis, Walt Nerad, Barney Pappas, Dave Siemon, Frank Thomas, Wallace Williams, Roman Villamor.

Semper Fidelis,
Jack
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
Marines and family,

Fifty-three years seems like a very long time, but for many of my brother Marines, it still seems like yesterday. The events of March 30, 1967, are forever burned into our memories. Even the things that happened during the three days leading up to Getlin's Corner, remain fresh in my mind.

We tend to remember events of great stress, of fear, of thirst, or of hunger. Three of those things happened for us at Getlin's Corner! Marines could be heard uttering Psalm 23, especially verse 4: Yea though
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For thou art with me! We overcame fear that day! Yet I, as well as everyone else were still afraid. Afraid of what? It was not the enemy! We were afraid that we would let our brother Marines down. I personally was afraid for the Marines I led.

Men die in battle! It is how we respond to those deaths that determines our ability to lead. Men whom we knew as a brother, lie motionless on the ground! Why did that enemy mortar round have to land here? For many, the rounds were in the air, as we moved to attack. We could not let these good men die in vain!

Fifteen brothers died that day! Six of those deaths occurred with my squad. These were men who overcame fear in what seemed at the time, a suicide assault into the enemy positions. They never hesitated when I gave the order! Were we successful when so many died? I know they were, for had they not reclaimed our position, we on Hill 70, might all have perished. We owe our lives to these men, who fought against such overwhelming odds!

God rest their souls!

Albert Anter, Ruben Armenta, Jim Blevins, John Bobo, Eddie Cannon, Larry Crumbaker, Mike Getlin, Don Krick, Jack Loweranitis, Walt Nerad, Barney Pappas, Dave Siemon, Frank Thomas, Wallace Williams, Roman Villamor.

Semper Fidelis,
Jack
View Quote

Whoa, had to search because I never heard of that battle!

1 MoH (posthumous) and 4 Navy Crosses (2 posthumous) awarded due to that action!

Cpt. Getlin's Navy Cross citation:

"...Panel 17E - Line 72 GETLIN, MICHAEL PETER Captain, U.S. Marine Corps Company I, 3d Battalion, 9th Marines, 3d Marine Division (Rein.) FMF Date of Action: March 30, 1967 Citation:

The Navy Cross is presented to Michael Peter Getlin, Captain, U.S. Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism as Commanding Officer, Company I, Third Battalion, Ninth Marines, Third Marine Division (Reinforced), Fleet Marine Force, in the Republic of Vietnam on 30 March 1967. The company was engaged in establishing platoon night ambush sites against communist insurgent forces in Quang Tri Province when all elements became engaged simultaneously, and the company's command group and a small security element were attacked by a North Vietnamese reinforced company utilizing heavy automatic weapons fire and mortar barrages. Captain Getlin, despite multiple shrapnel and gunshot wounds, while under constant mortar and small-arms fire, remained on the exposed forward slope of the hill where he calmly called in artillery fire and directed helicopter strikes on the advancing enemy. When the attack built to the point of overrunning the Marine position, Captain Getlin moved to the most critical position and delivered devastating shotgun fire into the assaulting enemy. The barrel of his weapon split due to the rate of fire. With complete disregard for the danger involved, he reloaded and continued to fire, personally killing at least six enemy soldiers. Realizing that the position was not tenable, Captain Getlin directed his men to move to a better position while he covered their move. At this time three grenades fell within his immediate position. He threw one grenade back at the enemy and was mortally wounded attempting to retrieve the others. As a result of his professional ability, extraordinary courage, and stirring example, the Marines gained the new position and repulsed the enemy attack of over sixty North Vietnamese. Captain Getlin's great personal valor reflected the highest credit upon himself and the United States Marine Corps and upheld the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country. Authority: Navy Department Board of Decorations and Medals Home Town: La Grange, Illinois... "

A general view of the battle:

"...In the late afternoon of 30 March 1967 India Company, 3/9 Marines began to set up its night defensive position near Hill 70, located about 8 kilometers northwest of Cam Lo and 4 kilometers southwest of Con Thien. As the platoons were establishing their ambush sites and outposts, the company command post and its security element came under automatic weapons fire from the advance guard of a reinforced NVA company. Although the assault was begun by a handful of NVA soldiers it grew rapidly as additional NVA troops, supported by artillery and mortar fire, moved in on the scattered Marines.

The command group and its security element managed to establish a hasty defense while the bulk of the company consolidated and withdrew slightly to a more defensible location - but the hasty defense site was overrun before all the defenders could themselves withdraw. Friendly air and artillery support was brought to bear, and a reaction force was moved into the area but was unable to join India 3/9 until after dawn on 31 March.

The 3/9 Operations Log contains the following entry: "1800 - Company I began receiving incoming mortar fire YD096652. I-2, 3, 4, and CP were hit with heavy 60mm mortar fire and small arms fire. The enemy advanced to friendly positions under the mortar fire and hit the units after lifting of the mortars. The enemy infiltrated friendly positions with friendly units suffering casualties 16 KIA, 52 WIA. 62 NVA KIA confirmed. 2 NVA captured." and there's also an entry from the following morning: "0850 - Company I reports that NVA are walking around their position in a daze. They were instructed to try and capture the NVA. As unit tried to capture NVA in their area the NVA put up enough resistance to make it dangerous to try to capture and were forced to shoot them. 6 NVA KIA confirmed."

Although the Ops Log says there were 16 American dead, only 15 can be identified - most of them from the Command Group and its security element. They were H&S Co, 3rd Bn, 9th Marines Capt Ralph B. Pappas, Presidio, CA (Ground FAC) LCpl Roman R. Villamor, Warren, MI Pfc Donald W. Krick, Cleveland, OH I Co, 3rd Bn, 9th Marines Capt Michael P. Getlin, La Grange, IL, Company Commander (Navy Cross) 2ndLt John P. Bobo, Niagara Falls, NY, Platoon Leader (Medal of Honor) Cpl John L. Loweranitis, Du Bois, PA (Navy Cross) Cpl Walter J. Nerad, Maple Heights, OH Cpl David A. Siemon, Springdale, PA LCpl James E. Blevins, Empire, OH LCpl Larry H. Crumbaker, Salem, OH Pfc Albert G. Anter, Central Falls, RI Pfc Ruben M. Armenta, Pico Rivera, CA Pfc Edward E. Cannon, Avon Park, FL Pfc Frank H. Thomas, Pompano Beach, FL Pfc Wallace Williams, New York, NY... "

Together We Served - Cpt. Getlin
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#45]

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as Weapons Platoon Commander, Company I, 3d Battalion, 9th Marines, 3d Marine Division, in Quang Tri Province, Republic of Vietnam, on 30 March 1967. Company I was establishing night ambush sites when the command group was attacked by a reinforced North Vietnamese company supported by heavy automatic weapons and mortar fire. Lieutenant Bobo immediately organized a hasty defense and moved from position to position encouraging the outnumbered Marines despite the murderous enemy fire. Recovering a rocket launcher from among the friendly casualties, he organized a new launcher team and directed its fire into the enemy machine gun position. When an exploding enemy mortar round severed Lieutenant Bobo's right leg below the knee, he refused to be evacuated and insisted upon being placed in a firing position to cover the movement of the command group to a better location. With a web belt around his leg serving as tourniquet and with his leg jammed into the dirt to curtail the bleeding, he remained in this position and delivered devastating fire into the ranks of the enemy attempting to overrun the Marines. Lieutenant BOBO was mortally wounded while firing his weapon into the main point of the enemy attack but his valiant spirit inspired his men to heroic efforts, and his tenacious stand enabled the command group to gain a protective position where it repulsed the enemy onslaught. Lieutenant BOBO's superb leadership, dauntless courage, and bold initiative reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#46]
“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. "

Jesus speaking to His disciples. John 15:13
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Whoa, had to search because I never heard of that battle!

1 MoH (posthumous) and 4 Navy Crosses (2 posthumous) awarded due to that action!

Cpt. Getlin's Navy Cross citation:

"...Panel 17E - Line 72 GETLIN, MICHAEL PETER Captain, U.S. Marine Corps Company I, 3d Battalion, 9th Marines, 3d Marine Division (Rein.) FMF Date of Action: March 30, 1967 Citation:

The Navy Cross is presented to Michael Peter Getlin, Captain, U.S. Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism as Commanding Officer, Company I, Third Battalion, Ninth Marines, Third Marine Division (Reinforced), Fleet Marine Force, in the Republic of Vietnam on 30 March 1967. The company was engaged in establishing platoon night ambush sites against communist insurgent forces in Quang Tri Province when all elements became engaged simultaneously, and the company's command group and a small security element were attacked by a North Vietnamese reinforced company utilizing heavy automatic weapons fire and mortar barrages. Captain Getlin, despite multiple shrapnel and gunshot wounds, while under constant mortar and small-arms fire, remained on the exposed forward slope of the hill where he calmly called in artillery fire and directed helicopter strikes on the advancing enemy. When the attack built to the point of overrunning the Marine position, Captain Getlin moved to the most critical position and delivered devastating shotgun fire into the assaulting enemy. The barrel of his weapon split due to the rate of fire. With complete disregard for the danger involved, he reloaded and continued to fire, personally killing at least six enemy soldiers. Realizing that the position was not tenable, Captain Getlin directed his men to move to a better position while he covered their move. At this time three grenades fell within his immediate position. He threw one grenade back at the enemy and was mortally wounded attempting to retrieve the others. As a result of his professional ability, extraordinary courage, and stirring example, the Marines gained the new position and repulsed the enemy attack of over sixty North Vietnamese. Captain Getlin's great personal valor reflected the highest credit upon himself and the United States Marine Corps and upheld the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country. Authority: Navy Department Board of Decorations and Medals Home Town: La Grange, Illinois... "

A general view of the battle:

"...In the late afternoon of 30 March 1967 India Company, 3/9 Marines began to set up its night defensive position near Hill 70, located about 8 kilometers northwest of Cam Lo and 4 kilometers southwest of Con Thien. As the platoons were establishing their ambush sites and outposts, the company command post and its security element came under automatic weapons fire from the advance guard of a reinforced NVA company. Although the assault was begun by a handful of NVA soldiers it grew rapidly as additional NVA troops, supported by artillery and mortar fire, moved in on the scattered Marines.

The command group and its security element managed to establish a hasty defense while the bulk of the company consolidated and withdrew slightly to a more defensible location - but the hasty defense site was overrun before all the defenders could themselves withdraw. Friendly air and artillery support was brought to bear, and a reaction force was moved into the area but was unable to join India 3/9 until after dawn on 31 March.

The 3/9 Operations Log contains the following entry: "1800 - Company I began receiving incoming mortar fire YD096652. I-2, 3, 4, and CP were hit with heavy 60mm mortar fire and small arms fire. The enemy advanced to friendly positions under the mortar fire and hit the units after lifting of the mortars. The enemy infiltrated friendly positions with friendly units suffering casualties 16 KIA, 52 WIA. 62 NVA KIA confirmed. 2 NVA captured." and there's also an entry from the following morning: "0850 - Company I reports that NVA are walking around their position in a daze. They were instructed to try and capture the NVA. As unit tried to capture NVA in their area the NVA put up enough resistance to make it dangerous to try to capture and were forced to shoot them. 6 NVA KIA confirmed."

Although the Ops Log says there were 16 American dead, only 15 can be identified - most of them from the Command Group and its security element. They were H&S Co, 3rd Bn, 9th Marines Capt Ralph B. Pappas, Presidio, CA (Ground FAC) LCpl Roman R. Villamor, Warren, MI Pfc Donald W. Krick, Cleveland, OH I Co, 3rd Bn, 9th Marines Capt Michael P. Getlin, La Grange, IL, Company Commander (Navy Cross) 2ndLt John P. Bobo, Niagara Falls, NY, Platoon Leader (Medal of Honor) Cpl John L. Loweranitis, Du Bois, PA (Navy Cross) Cpl Walter J. Nerad, Maple Heights, OH Cpl David A. Siemon, Springdale, PA LCpl James E. Blevins, Empire, OH LCpl Larry H. Crumbaker, Salem, OH Pfc Albert G. Anter, Central Falls, RI Pfc Ruben M. Armenta, Pico Rivera, CA Pfc Edward E. Cannon, Avon Park, FL Pfc Frank H. Thomas, Pompano Beach, FL Pfc Wallace Williams, New York, NY... "

Together We Served - Cpt. Getlin
View Quote

My dad was in this battle.

The stories I've posted are recounts by fellow Marines he served with.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By macro:
Great thread idea Striker

I need to see if I have a pic of my uncle (helicoptor mechanic)

OST
View Quote
My dad worked on OH-58's.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:

My dad was in this battle.

The stories I've posted are recounts by fellow Marines he served with.
View Quote

Thanks for posting those stories; your father's a total stud and so were the Marines he served with.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Thanks for posting those stories; your father's a total stud and so were the Marines he served with.
View Quote
When I went with my dad to a reunion with his brothers, they held a memorial for Lt. Bobo and others.  Bobo's story sounds like one out of the movies, putting his blown off leg into the dirt to stop the bleeding so he could continue to keep firing to allow the others to retreat.
Page / 43
Vietnam. (Page 40 of 43)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top