BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kroger's here is well stocked also and has been thru most of the bs that gets posted here.
I don't do walmart but supply and distribution systems are also only as good as the people running them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Pick 'n Save here is well stocked also, which is owned by Kroger. I wonder if that is just because no one is buying food at twice the price it was 3 years ago.

Kroger's here is well stocked also and has been thru most of the bs that gets posted here.
I don't do walmart but supply and distribution systems are also only as good as the people running them.

Every pickup order I have from Kroger has a missing item or two. Some don’t even have substitutes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt starvation but I also laugh at these "my store isn't low" threads.

For 45 years of my life, we went to the store and bought whatever product we wanted.  Month after month, year after year.  If I liked those potato chips I got those potato chips.  If I liked that canned chili thats what I got next time.  For the past 2 1/2 years it's been different.  You go to several stores and you get what's available. Some shopping trips end without things we were looking for or it means several trips to different stores to gather it all.  It is easing up some now but this "Nothing is happening everything is perfectly fine" shit gets old too.  I have no doubt there are regions with it better or worse than here that has nothing to do with the fact that many places do see stores with very low stock levels on stuff that used to stacked to the ceilings.

In fact I have a place several hours south of the city in BFE  that was sort of immune to the problem.  It's supermarket and Wally world were always better stocked than at home so I would sometimes swing by it on the way back to grab things we were always out of.  Last few months I have noticed it also starting to have gaps in stock and longtime brands of things gone as well.  So there is certainly some aspect that is spreading to more stores rather than retracting.  I know supply chains in my work are also screwed and orders are often quoted with 3 to 6 month lead times with some approaching 1 year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Every pickup order I have from Kroger has a missing item or two. Some don’t even have substitutes.
View Quote

Yep, and that part falls under regional issues which are very real within the same store chain.
Kinda like the eggs and prices that get posted in gd, that doesn't happen at my local Kroger's (E TX) it's within certain chains and is regional as well.
Some of the issues are short staff related, not enough stockers at this store, sometimes product is still in the back, I have asked and they will go get it from the back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They’re always short on something when I go, but I do my shopping there almost exclusively before 0900, which gets me in and out before most of the Walmartians but also before a lot of stuff gets stocked.
View Quote

Stocking happens overnight. Some replenishment happens throughout the day, but the vast majority of stocking happens when the store is closed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]

arfkommers only be concerned if title read "ammunition shortages as fears of hard times and a mojo risin' ."  

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
No shortages.  Stocked full, everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No shortages.  Stocked full, everywhere.
View Quote

Same here.

There are SLIGHT disruptions.... such as I cannot find Claussen pickle wholes.  But that's been for the past 2 years, as there is a cucumber shortage due to a crop issue.  I can easily find halves and spears tho, and Claussen commented that some product lines they decided to reduce because of the cuke shortage.  Again, due to a crop issue, not Arfcom masturbatory doomism.

Pool Chlorine is not as available as it once was.  There have been times we had to wait, or switch to pucks.  Again, due to a manufacturing disaster and increased demand during covid, not what Arfcom GD wishes to believe.

We shop at Kroger, WalMart, Sams, and Costco.

The OP and several of the usual suspects are in this thread, Doom is their religion.  I saw it just before Y2K, and during 2009-2010 as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
That's hard times!

Dusty Rhodes talks about "hard times": Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, Oct. 29, 1985
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Costco and Albertsons are stocked

those are the only two stores I shop at

View Quote
\\
My Costco was overflowing with about everything Pallets of high dollar electronics
in the isles and stuff stocked high. It appears People are not buying high dollar items.
It is close to Christmas, but they are putting out lots more postal and email flyers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

[cred]John Wayne[/cred]

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t shop at Walmart.

No shortage here.
View Quote

These things always start at the fringes before becoming mainstream.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
My wal-marts have had shortages of all sorts of random shit since March of 2020. It never really ended.

Other grocery stores?  Fully stocked.  This appears, in my view, to be a wal-mart problem, not a general inventory problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There’s been shortages for the last 18 months.
View Quote

rotating shortages since the koof plandemic
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I see more food on the shelves here than I did this time last year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was in Walmart last week and there was so much stuff in that store that they were using all of their larger aisles to stage pallets of items down the center.  It was overflowing with crap and so I don't see evidence of these shortages where I'm at.  Sam's Club was the same - tons of stuff everywhere.  They had more pallets of water than I've ever seen - sort of like all the backorders came in at once.
View Quote
They also have Conex boxes full of their loss leader black friday things in the side and rear parking lot.  My store even has a reefer box for overflow beside the meat section.

No shortages on the shelves at all, compared to the chinaflu games when people actually stayed home and had to feed the children.  Pasta and canned goods were scarce then.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Just saw some major shrinkflation on GV brand pasta. Less than half the weight and more expensive.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It can't be that bad when the weight of the average shopper is over 300 pounds.
View Quote

And if it does get that bad those 300 #'ers should be easy to catch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
The Walrus.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same here.

There are SLIGHT disruptions.... such as I cannot find Claussen pickle wholes.  But that's been for the past 2 years, as there is a cucumber shortage due to a crop issue.  I can easily find halves and spears tho, and Claussen commented that some product lines they decided to reduce because of the cuke shortage.  Again, due to a crop issue, not Arfcom masturbatory doomism.

Pool Chlorine is not as available as it once was.  There have been times we had to wait, or switch to pucks.  Again, due to a manufacturing disaster and increased demand during covid, not what Arfcom GD wishes to believe.

The OP and several of the usual suspects are in this thread, Doom is their religion.  I saw it just before Y2K, and during 2009-2010 as well.
View Quote

Count me in as a usual suspect if you havent already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and the world. I run two manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesnt matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Count me in as a usual suspect if you havent already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and he world. I run to manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesnt matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Count me in as a usual suspect if you havent already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and he world. I run to manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesnt matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.

My SIL out in Florida is saying the same thing. He is in the commercial painting and coating industry and now says that Sherwin Williams is all fucked up as are the rest of them and the company reps are currently at a loss on how to fix it. Their answer is to mix together cheaper products with less warranty at higher costs to everyone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It can't be that bad when the weight of the average shopper is over 300 pounds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Count me in as a usual suspect if you havent already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and the world. I run two manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesnt matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.
View Quote

The end in sight is not gonna happen, still many shortages and a lack of skilled labor.
15 minutes ago a driver who's only been at it for 3 months arrived and 75% of the load is in the floor of the dry-van.
Refusing the load and filing a claim.

Shit happens.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]
If you go grocery shopping after 6pm, you're going to find shortages. Got the last loaf of bread off the shelf at 8pm one night at HEB. Walmart and Brookshires constantly out of chicken. I refused to pay $6.50 for 18 eggs at Brookshires last week.

I went to Atwoods this morning to get dog food and milk bones, completely out of milk bones, name brand and store brand. TSC is about 50/50.

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#25]
The shrinkflation concerns me.  Bags of chips that used to cost around 3.XX are now high 4's or low 5's AND that bag is smaller.

No thanks, we'll go without.  Even if the supply chain catches up 100% companies are not going to go back to pre-shrinkflation sizes.  

Years from now we'll be telling our grandkids how big a bag of chips used to...
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Count me in as a usual suspect if you haven't already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and the world. I run two manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesn't matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Count me in as a usual suspect if you haven't already because I am calling bullshit on the idea that everything is just A-OK. I am 46, have and do travel the country and the world. I run two manufacturing business. Short answer; things are massively screwed up and there is no end in sight because nothing is changing to make it better. Blame it on labor, blame it on shipping, blame it on aliens...it really doesn't matter because it is absolutely happening. I am currently waiting on three items all three delayed due to parts being unavailable or greatly delayed for repair.

Apples and oranges, while building a straw man.  I didn't say everything is A-OK.  I was talking about THIS thread - WalMart availability, and gave my experiences as a data point.  I included RETAIL shopping experiences at my WalMart, Costco, Sams, and Kroger for ME.  I understand regionally things might be different.  And CERTAINLY the supply chain has been impacted by COVID, inflation, labor costs and availability, global instability, Government Policy, and a host of other reasons.....  and might not ever go back to exactly how it was before.  I don't think anyone is making that argument.

But yeah, for SOME of you guys, doom is a religion.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I am seeing that supply chains have gotten better over the last 6 months.  There are sporadic shortages of some products or brands, substitutes are normally available.  I would call my store (groceries & hardware) over 90% stocked.  Things that we are seeing longer term shortages on are batch manufactured items - machinery oil filters for example.

I think the shortages comes more from the labor shortage in manufacturing and transportation than any other reason.  Inflation has significantly affected the price of food as well as the packaging size, and these packaging and price changes due to inflation will not be over for a while.  Some products are priced extremely high with poor quality.  Iceburg lettuce would be a current prime example.  Other things make no sense at all.  For example, Turkey is high, Chicken is cheep, but Chicken eggs are high.  We tend to stock and sell a lot more of what is cheep, but we don't take food stamps, and we have to take that consideration into our purchasing decisions.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I get my groceries delivered to my house from Kroger. Last couple of orders there were no unavailable or substituted items at all.  Also, getting groceries delivered to your house kicks ass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Walmart has always had issues with keeping stuff in stock, it's a very popular place to shop for a lot of people.
View Quote

Today is also the second of the month, I wouldn't be going there if i did this time of the month.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Stop spreading fear and panic, no shortages are seen here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The shrinkflation concerns me.  Bags of chips that used to cost around 3.XX are now high 4's or low 5's AND that bag is smaller.

No thanks, we'll go without.  Even if the supply chain catches up 100% companies are not going to go back to pre-shrinkflation sizes.  

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

"BIDEN'S INFLATION IS GREAT BECAUSE AMERICANS EAT LESS JUNK FOOD" - future fake news
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I am a poor, recovering from financial issues and have been shopping at Walmart lately to cut down on grocery expense. My local Walmart is always fully stocked.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I live 10mi from Home Office in Bentonville with probably a dozen Walmart stores within that distance or on the 30mi commute I make twice daily.

There's shortages in every store.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don't like having to get all dressed up either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This…all 3 grocery stores we shop at have shortages.  Walmart seems to be the worst and probably will get even worse as people seek out cheaper groceries.

You definitely do not want to shop there on Sunday, the 1st 3 days of the month or the 16th.  The store is depleted.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They’re always short on something when I go, but I do my shopping there almost exclusively before 0900, which gets me in and out before most of the Walmartians but also before a lot of stuff gets stocked.
View Quote

Walmartians….kudos to you good sir.

There have been consistent shortages at my Wally World since 3/2020. It varies by product from week to week but it is real and it is noticeable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s everything, even spice containers, juice, yogurt, cereal.  A few items like salsa seem to be the same size
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top