Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1714
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I think the KZR puts I sold will be quite safe.  up 40% after hours due to some study results being released I think.  Guess I should have bought some calls with the cash from the puts.  It will likely do biotech things and crater afterwards.  Very curious to watch this one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
DPLS Kicking arse!
View Quote

DPLS surpassed NVDA as my largest YTD percentage gainer today.

I have been averaging up on NVDA over the last couple of weeks though.

It would be nice if MVIS did something!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:54:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#3]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
Morgan Stanley doubling their investment in Q3 2021:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124501/95244157-85BC-4C1C-8DD9-7BDDD86BF569_png-2167967.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124501/95244157-85BC-4C1C-8DD9-7BDDD86BF569_png-2167967.JPG

Wow 650,000 shares at $13.90?

I felt bad about my 1,170 shares at $13.79

Eta where do you get that metric from? What site?

Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

DPLS surpassed NVDA as my largest YTD percentage gainer today.

I have been averaging up on NVDA over the last couple of weeks though.

It would be nice if MVIS did something!

Tell us what you know about NVDA that you're averaging up for shares. That's crazy talk who averages up?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

View All Quotes

and they cost averaged down to 13.90, they probably own a lot of them at 17.50 mark the stock was stuck at in early summer
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Today seems fairly meh.

ME dropped like a rock, though, so we've got that going for us.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myfakename:
Kind of dead in here today. My stocks look pretty meh. Maybe tomorrow is the day?

Today seems fairly meh.

ME dropped like a rock, though, so we've got that going for us.  

I have two Dec $12.50 strike calls on ME so I am ok with the drop. I need to buy them back. I'm going to see if this trend continues as I'd like to get them back around 30 cents a share.

DPLS was rolling today. I wish I had bought back in with more shares but the move was nice to see.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Eta where do you get that metric from? What site?

Tell us what you know about NVDA that you're averaging up for shares. That's crazy talk who averages up?
View Quote

It keeps going up...so I keep buying more shares.

I'm trying to stick to my philosophy of investing in my winners and letting them run and cutting my losers.  That said, I'm so far down on MVIS that I'm forced to sit and wait for some kind of upward price action.

DPLS will go down again and I'll buy more of that when it does.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Question for anyone in the know. My wife works for a Company in the S&P 500 and they are offering 15% stock price per share. I told her to start stacking it deep.

My question is do they usually allow you to trade or trade options on this type of stock since it is discounted through the company? My eyes are full of ambitiin for her to sell calls for a sweet premium.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Question for anyone in the know. My wife works for a Company in the S&P 500 and they are offering 15% stock price per share. I told her to start stacking it deep.

My question is do they usually allow you to trade or trade options on this type of stock since it is discounted through the company? My eyes are full of ambitiin for her to sell calls for a sweet premium.
View Quote

She will likely have to hold this stock for a number of years before she can do anything with it.

But its hard to say without reading the details.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Sooo what's the ticker
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
As if today Holt out, Verma in.

I can't wait for the day we get to hear SS utter the words "we have partnered with Volkswagen Auto Group to be their lidar supplier."

How much does the share price go up when that happens?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

I can't wait for the day we get to hear SS utter the words "we have partnered with Volkswagen Auto Group to be their lidar supplier."

View Quote

10 cents?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn it, I was going to drop more into DPLS this morning and didn’t pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#13]

View Quote

Yes.  However, be aware that she/you don't run afoul of insider investing rules.

For me that was a simple black-out of purchasing stock or options the 3 weeks prior to any statements and our legal would send an email to all partners telling them the blackout date had started.

Depending on the stock, I'd say she leverage as much as you can afford.

I used to take half my yearly bonus and have it go into our employee share purchase program.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

If that happens then the price drops. They will front us $100 million which we will use as cash to burn to keep the operation going and we get to show more cash on hand temporarily as we burn through it year after year. This cash up front will be in lieu of any future payments for the next 5 years. After five years we get a small percentage of value of the lidar units at that time in place (think old technology). By then we will be obsolete as all manufacturers have been working on their own lidar solutions for years, and our competitors undercut our price even though their tech is subpar compared to ours.

Seriously though im starting to think that we cant talk the talk. Do we have the right personnel to seal a deal? Do we have the personnel to market our product, you know without nailing it to a chunck of found wood at a convention and all….We cant seem to smooth out a deal that works for both, or without insulting the next trillion dollar chip/ai/metaverse goliath. We can walk the walk though, we sure do have a great product!

Sorry to be a debbie downer but im starting to think I probably should have continued to trade this just like i did when it was under a buck a share. Make a reasonable percentage and get out, buy back in if and when it drops and rinse and repeat. Seems like the only saving grace at this point is we have a quality product, unfortunately it seems NO ONE wants it. Weird… right? Red flag much? Well it’s either no one wants the best lidar, or possibly no one wants to deal with us or sharma or whoever is supposed to be proctoring these deals that never seem to happen. There is a disconnect between us and potential customers and im not sure that’s being solved.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow is the day.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Yes.  However, be aware that she/you don't run afoul of insider investing rules.

For me that was a simple black-out of purchasing stock or options the 3 weeks prior to any statements and our legal would send an email to all partners telling them the blackout date had started.

I used to take half my yearly bonus and have it go into our employee share purchase program.
View Quote

I read through the plan and it looks like if she sells within 2 years she has to notify them. And there is also this in the plan..

Can I resell my shares?
Your ability to sell your shares of Company Stock may be subject to restrictions. For instance, you may
not sell your shares if you are in possession of any material, non-public information about the Company,
and you must otherwise comply with the Company’s insider trading policies. If you are an executive
officer of the Company, your sales of Company stock could trigger liability under the short-swing profit
rule (there is an exemption for shares that you purchase pursuant to the Plan).

Either way I told her to sign up and get shares.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

My employer stock is similar, 15% off plus bonuses - held in etrade, but in a stock plan portfolio.  Only options I have are to sell; I can't seem to move it to my individual brokerage, nor do any options on it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:46:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#17]
Dumas FJB signed the wastseful infrastructure bill.
Gold is going to explode upwards. Gold will have a monster super rally. imo
Stocks should do really well also as the US dollar drops like a rock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Damned if I didn't knew it!
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

My employer stock is similar, 15% off plus bonuses - held in etrade, but in a stock plan portfolio.  Only options I have are to sell; I can't seem to move it to my individual brokerage, nor do any options on it.
View Quote

that was the deal when i worked at Lowe's years ago. If you choose to drip it though the additional shares go to an individual brokerage and you can do whatever you want with them including options.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#22]

She will likely have to hold this stock for a number of years before she can do anything with it.

View All Quotes

This doesn't sound like granted shares, most likely it's just the stock purchase program. You should be able to do whatever you like with them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn't Mayvis at some conference for lidar in Germany today?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Throw them dice!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#25]
DPLS is going to the moon again today!
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#26]

I read through the plan and it looks like if she sells within 2 years she has to notify them. And there is also this in the plan..

Can I resell my shares?
Your ability to sell your shares of Company Stock may be subject to restrictions. For instance, you may
not sell your shares if you are in possession of any material, non-public information about the Company,
and you must otherwise comply with the Company’s insider trading policies. If you are an executive
officer of the Company, your sales of Company stock could trigger liability under the short-swing profit

View All Quotes

Can I resell my shares?

This would indicate to me that she can't sell calls on those shares.  It's treading quite close to the line of intending to sell, whether or not you are intending to sell.  If they get called away for some reason I would suspect she may be in trouble since she didn't notify that she was going to sell.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

The day BBIG hits 4?
The day after I sold cheap $4 puts on BBIG?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I went heavy into NGENF a few weeks ago seems to be picking up steam
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#29]
My small buy of $RMO at 4.22 is looking nice today. They beat earnings expectations

If MVIS could only do that lol
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Sold 10,000 of my DPLS at .133
You're all welcome cause now it will moon
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone picking up some BGFV or too risky with Reddit manipulation? Big drop.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Picked up some more MVIS. Sold some calls on it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Charles Schwab is straight garbage today.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Half of my play money positions are either in garbage under a buck, (ZOM, BBRW, HCMC, MINE), or in things that I think may actually still work out (NSAV, AITX maybe CYBN).
I need to dump most of this shit and get into more investing.

Are there any mutuals or ETFs that pay dividends?
What are some decent "drip" stocks?

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:10:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#35]
RIVN
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I may be special.  I bought some more MVIS and sold calls on it.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Half of my play money positions are either in garbage under a buck, (ZOM, BBRW, HCMC, MINE), or in things that I think may actually still work out (NSAV, AITX maybe CYBN).
I need to dump most of this shit and get into more investing.

Are there any mutuals or ETFs that pay dividends?
What are some decent "drip" stocks?

View Quote
I like T for a dividend stock. VTI pays a dividend as well but it's small.

There's some strategy between picking stocks/funds/etf that pay dividends and those you get for growth though based off of your investing window, when you want to pull the money, and tax implications (STCG on dividends).
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Isn't Mayvis at some conference for lidar in Germany today?
View Quote

That must be why it's going down.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#39]
The puts I bought to insure my shares of BBIG are doing well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Sold 10,000 of my DPLS at .133
You're all welcome cause now it will moon
View Quote

You banked $300 ish dollars on a penny stock, when it could keep going up up up?

Bird in the hand and all but I'm letting ol' DPLS keep working.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

There's some strategy between picking stocks/funds/etf that pay dividends and those you get for growth though based off of your investing window, when you want to pull the money, and tax implications (STCG on dividends).
View Quote
I bought T at the very trough of the pandemic stock market and am still in the red. I don't get it. Makes no sense especially with 5G ramping up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm kicking myself for not buying more DPLS.

I was hoping I could get back in at .085...but the price never hit.  It got down to like .087 but that's a perfect case of trying to time a bottom and missing all the upside.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m6z:
RIVN
View Quote

Because I didn't buy in on the IPO.  If I had, it would be at $70 right now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:21:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#44]
Bought 100 more shares of Mavis at 8.79.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
I bought T at the very trough of the pandemic stock market and am still in the red. I don't get it. Makes no sense especially with 5G ramping up.
View All Quotes

I'm in the same boat, T has done absolutely nothing but lose value for the last 6 months. I'm keeping it though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#46]
RIVN
View Quote
No revenue, no earnings, has not delivered one vehicle to a customer, and they lost billions $$ in the first two quarters this year.

yet, here we are. And people still say the market isn't manipulated.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
RIVN

Yeah, don't start chasing that sudden rise.  It will sell back off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

I'm in the same boat, T has done absolutely nothing but lose value for the last 6 months. I'm keeping it though.
View All Quotes

Sooooo, what y'all are saying is buy the dip?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm kicking myself for not buying more DPLS.

I was hoping I could get back in at .085...but the price never hit.  It got down to like .087 but that's a perfect case of trying to time a bottom and missing all the upside.
View Quote

Same for me yesterday morning. I didn’t transfer cash in early enough to buy more an am kicking myself now. Also trying to figure out why it’s rocketing now. Hopefully it keeps this up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

I thought that is what I was doing. You try it, I'll buy the chips.
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top