BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guy who played Ritter was fuckin' perfect though.

Most of my experience with 3-letter guys was via SAD, but the couple suits I met seemed to have that exact personality.
View Quote
Agreed. If we're talking secondary parts, I thought the actors that depicted both Ritter and Cutter nailed it perfectly. The president in CAPD was good too.

And we haven't mentioned Anne Archer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ever seen the real interior of a Typhoon?

http://www.hisutton.com/images/Typhoon-submarine-recreation.jpg

Be amazed
View Quote

That looks so 1970s. LOL
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just like casting Greer as James Earl Jones. There isn't anyone who could have played Greer better, but Greer wasn't black- so what? It wasn't important to the story. Same with Henry in Without Remorse. They could have cast just about anyone into that spot- it's not important to the story.

Without Remorse was a pre-written action movie that Amazon bought and slightly re-tooled to shoehorn into their atrocious Clancy theme. It was literally worse than shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hunt did the the book justice.

But every other Clancy adaptation was marginal.

Except for Without Remorse, which broke through the bottom.  The only thing in common with the book is the title and some character names.  One might say, justifiably, why not just make the book?  Because the main baddie is black.

The Amazon movie itself was so different from the real plot that it could have simply been an Amazon original with it's own title.  But nooooooo, they had to muck up an exceptional writer's plot.

Just like casting Greer as James Earl Jones. There isn't anyone who could have played Greer better, but Greer wasn't black- so what? It wasn't important to the story. Same with Henry in Without Remorse. They could have cast just about anyone into that spot- it's not important to the story.

Without Remorse was a pre-written action movie that Amazon bought and slightly re-tooled to shoehorn into their atrocious Clancy theme. It was literally worse than shit.

Being black was an important detail.  It explained why Tucker wasn’t part of the italian mafia group.

Clark being white was also important to the plot.  The hooker mentioned it, not knowing it would ID Kelly to the police.

When a detail is mentioned it matters, when it is not mentioned then it can be anything (like a screen adaptation)
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a huge bitch.
View All Quotes

“Big son of a bitch.”
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Being black was an important detail.  It explained why Tucker wasn’t part of the italian mafia group.

Clark being white was also important to the plot.  The hooker mentioned it, not knowing it would ID Kelly to the police.

When a detail is mentioned it matters, when it is not mentioned then it can be anything (like a screen adaptation)
View Quote

Jordan also isn’t infiltrating the Soviet Union to do pickups
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they skipped the whole time period of the book, another important detail.

Paramount/Amazon’s Without Remorse is not at all the book.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, they skipped the whole time period of the book, another important detail.

Paramount/Amazon’s Without Remorse is not at all the book.
View Quote

Just like Greer was a downeast Mainer with ties to Jack's wife's family.  I loved James Earl Jones and that was a minor detail in reality.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess they had to find a way to end it without the RO having to go back out from Maine and then get attacked by the Alpha to make it shorter and more action filled.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the movie better than the book.

The book was good, but the movie was great.  They understandably cut some stuff from the book out of the movie so it wouldn’t be 4 hours long, but I don’t remember reading any of the extra stuff and thinking “Man, I wish they’d put this in the movie.”
View Quote

I do. It bothers me that Skip Tyler didn't get the credit for figuring out what was going on and how to get the boat. It was all given to Ryan in the movie
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought the way they did the movie was pretty close to the book. I read the book first and wasn't disappointed by the movie, which is rare. Take John Grisham's The Firm. The book was highly entertaining. The movie would have been had I not read the book first. The movie adoption barely followed the book until right around the middle. It then veered off into a very different direction. I remember there was a lot of backlash about it. That seemed to be a real problem for movies made from Grisham novels. The Rainmaker was like that, too. The movie didn't begin until about a quarter of the way into the novel. The movie cut out Rudy's final month of law school, graduation, job hunt, Lake Firm, and the bar exam. The movie immediately went right into his job working for Bruiser. The movie version of Election followed the book fairly closely until about 2/3 of the way through the story, where it also veered off into a totally different narrative and ending. The movie made from Less Than Zero was the worst offender I've ever seen. The only thing the novel and movie had in common was the title, along with some of the characters, which were almost all very poorly cast. As a rule of thumb, the movie version of a novel is usually going to be inferior at best.
View Quote

American Assassin book was awesome.   Movie should have gone straight to DVD.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I always envisioned John Clark as someone who was cold and calculating and just had that look.

Someone like John Connor from the Terminator 2 prologue scene or even Jim Caviezel.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top