Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t care very much about anyone that hasn't served in the Marine Corps thinks about the Marine Corps.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The North Korean generals are jealous
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a friend that I was in the Marine Corps with. He does / wears that same kind of stuff. When we get together he is like the guy that peaked in highschool  varsity football.  That is all he talks about. He's a good guy but I guess being  with the Marines was as good as it ever got for him.

I just have a Marine Corps sticker on the back window of my truck.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Marines ought to sue the NRA for sticker infringement. From a distance I hardly see the difference.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We're special because we believe it to be so. Marine culture and personality boosts morale and performance, and the vast majority of Marines benefit from it.

When you're told you're special, you act special.

Kind of like "the secret", or "fake it til you make it."

Also, Marines self select to be Marines. It attracts a generally more motivated class of person.  Attracts a lot of fuckin retards too, but we can use them just fine.
View Quote
Pretty much this...

But mostly the crayons. I like the red ones...

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The USMC as an organization in the DoD is superfluous. I want to disband it because of that.

The Marines in the USMC are often fantastic individuals and are that way because of the traditions of the institution of the USMC. Their contributions are worth the cost of keeping it. So if you disbanded the Marine Corps the military would be permanently lesser because of it.

They're really interesting.

I still think the USAF has the best propaganda. Everyone knows that the USMC puts out propaganda. Everyone just accepts the Air Force propaganda as fact.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah two of them.

I bet the other two have done more than you have.

You sound like the two that got kicked out. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The four marines in my family that I frequently deal with.

A nephew that did two tours in Iraq as infantry and made E5 can’t stand the marines. Hates it and will tell you that you are a fucking fool to join. He is a lawyer and is living a great life now.

A Uncle that did a tour in Vietnam as infantry in the late 60s and has the same general out look on being a marine as my nephew, not good.  He was a pretty successful building contractor.

And next up is a cousin that is a bit older then me that served in the 80s and actually got kick out. Not sure why. But he will not forget to tell you that he was a FUCKING MARINE and don’t you forget about it. He currently is on some form of disability that my FiL says he’s been on for ever but it’s not a service related disability and bitches about his poor luck in life. And no, he did see see a day of combat.

And lastly is a brother in law, he served in the late 70s and got kicked out on a general discharge for shitty behavior while stationed in Okinawa. He admits he was stupid. But again he will let you know that he was a FUCKING MARINE and don’t you forget it. He never saw combat either and has bounced from job to job and is now a bartender.

I see a pattern here…

Sounds like your family is ate up with shitbirds.

Yeah two of them.

I bet the other two have done more than you have.

You sound like the two that got kicked out. Lol

Nope. Did 8 years in the Corps, honorable discharge.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Not me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guy that once lived across the street from us was a USMC Scout Sniper. Great guy, lovely wife and nice kids.

I asked him why he joined the USMC.

He said, "I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them."
View Quote
So, he quoted a movie to you? Sounds like something a crayon eater would do.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Don’t remember ever seeing that one, lol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t care very much about anyone that hasn't served in the Marine Corps thinks about the Marine Corps.
View Quote

Threads like this bring out the best in non-Marines.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.duffelblog.com/p/pentagon-to-weed-out-extremists-by?s=r

PENTAGON  A Pentagon study aimed at identifying and rooting out extremism in the armed forces has led to the conclusion that the Marine Corps should be a banned extremist group by 2022.

"The Department of Defense convened a panel to study the roots of extremism after the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol," said Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin. "We had to understand how a person becomes radicalized. And Jesus Christ did you know what the Marine Corps is like?"

Laura Goodwin, a researcher for the Rand Corporation, shared some data that informed the panel's decision.

"When we asked recruits why they served in the Air Force, 54% said 'college money,' and 34% said 'Patriotism or service to country,' When we asked the same question to Marine Corps recruits, 18% cited 'shoot a giant fucking machine gun,' and 88% said 'kicking in Bin Laden's door, sneaking up to his bedroom, shooting his fucking beard face, and throwing a grenade on his sleeping innocent wives and children just to watch them writhe in pain," Goodwin said before pausing to take a deep breath. "That's a hard sentence to read out loud for a normal non-Marine but there you have it in the data."
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This guy pops on my YouTube feed.  He's THE biggest douche and loves the smell of his own farts.  

But if you love him, nothing wrong with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I particularly like his take on the subject beginning at 7:20.

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuU6KZca-IU

This guy pops on my YouTube feed.  He's THE biggest douche and loves the smell of his own farts.  

But if you love him, nothing wrong with that.

I love everyone, even you.

But what do you think: tanks, or no tanks?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously, watch this to see why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3oRAVXlRQ
View Quote

Great film. I've watched it a few times.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Hogwash.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's just another Army, with better press and esprit de corps, and less women.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The love of Crayons.

View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is that real?

Want!
View All Quotes

Yes, it's real. Based in Oceanside, I believe.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Am I alone in thinking this sentiment is getting tiresome?  Am I alone in thinking a non-paying 2020 member with no EGA icon nor feedback should STFU?
View Quote

Fuck you.

It was posted in good fun as once branch talking shit about another branch.

Take you bleeding asshole and kick rocks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fuck you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I alone in thinking this sentiment is getting tiresome?  Am I alone in thinking a non-paying 2020 member with no EGA icon nor feedback should STFU?

Fuck you.

Now you just sound like a whiny little bitch. Next time just leave it alone or post a rolleye emoji.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The United States Marine Corps is what keeps the National Guard at strength.
View Quote
LOL.  True dat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now you just sound like a whiny little bitch. Next time just leave it alone or post a rolleye emoji.
View Quote

Work for you?

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#23]
More of a straight up "Break shit and kill fuckers" mindset, they've never changed from being an offensive force. Their doctrine suits maneuver warfare perfectly; Hit hard and fast, roll right over anything in their way. But what makes them unique is that the USMC is a self-contained military force; armor, infantry, artillery, maritime, airborne, fixed-wing, rotary, logistics. Everything needed for sustained combat, delivered anywhere in the world by the US Navy.

Its still smaller than Big Army, so while it has less in the way of logistics, that shorter chain of command is faster to react and adapt. But even more importantly, it has combined arms under a unified chain of command, making them very flexible, and able to react faster than other conventional military forces.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A nephew that did two tours in Iraq as infantry and made E5 can’t stand the marines. Hates it and will tell you that you are a fucking fool to join. He is a lawyer and is living a great life now.

A Uncle that did a tour in Vietnam as infantry in the late 60s and has the same general out look on being a marine as my nephew, not good.  He was a pretty successful building contractor.

And next up is a cousin that is a bit older then me that served in the 80s and actually got kick out. Not sure why. But he will not forget to tell you that he was a FUCKING MARINE and don’t you forget about it. He currently is on some form of disability that my FiL says he’s been on for ever but it’s not a service related disability and bitches about his poor luck in life. And no, he did see see a day of combat.

And lastly is a brother in law, he served in the late 70s and got kicked out on a general discharge for shitty behavior while stationed in Okinawa. He admits he was stupid. But again he will let you know that he was a FUCKING MARINE and don’t you forget it. He never saw combat either and has bounced from job to job and is now a bartender.

I see a pattern here…
View Quote

I only know one Marine, my uncle who served a tour in Vietnam, he doesn’t talk about it and tells everyone in the family to not join the corp. combat fucked him up royally
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I hated the corps , but loved the Marines I served with.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:44:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I only know one Marine, my uncle who served a tour in Vietnam, he doesn’t talk about it and tells everyone in the family to not join the corp. combat fucked him up royally
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see a pattern here…

IIRC, Soldiers had to service 12 months in Vietnam but Marines had to serve 13 months.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#31]

That's hilarious! Need to show it to the jarhead here at work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#33]
If I was going to spend my enlistment on a boat I'd rather be a Ranger or something.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:52:39 AM EDT
[#34]
If you have to ask, there's something wrong with you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:52:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Marines are good at breaking things and making questionable decisions. If used correctly, neither one is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pretty much this...

But mostly the crayons. I like the red ones...

https://i.ibb.co/jH1WyFh/Marine-Crayons.jpg
View Quote

Well...in light of this evidence, eating crayons doesn't seem so bad.

ETA: I wanted to join the Marines, but sadly, my AFQT was too high and I had to settle for the Army.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well maybe you should take your keyboard ass out there on the front line the next time someone threatens our country.  Until you do sit there in your soft chair with your keyboard and Google Arlington National Cemetery or watch videos of Normandy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I joined to learn how to shoot a rifle LOL  seriously..I was dumb... I was really into Marine Corps marksmanship... I scored Expert with the A2  (iron sites baby)    Hollywood..  0121/0151
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The love of Crayons.

LOL  people are tilted on you cuz of that statement..  be careful in ARcom..  a lot of people are wrapped WAY to tight in here..
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Best...Halloween...Costumes...EVER!!!

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Honestly, the Marines aren't special... it's hype.

Did some joint training with Marines in Panama in 1991 at JOTC Ft Sherman when I was with 3/75. The Marines were pretty convinced they were a more capable force than a Ranger Battalion.

We readily proved them wrong. What made it worse was I had a little beer wager with a Marine Lance Corporal. He welched on the bet when clearly out routed them.

The core problem was, they were fierce but we were fierce, smart, and practice adaptive strategy and not just blind assault.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#42]
We really excel at a lot of different things. We are a very dynamic branch that can do essentially everything to a limited degree. Expeditionary operations are (supposed to be) our thing. Unfortunately over the last few wars we have been used as a second army.

We excel at most everything and are often times better than the other services. Marines are very dynamic in their jobs. Every Marine a rifleman is often made fun of by people who don’t know. A Marine working at IPAC isn’t a rifleman. They are taught some skills required to act as provisional infantry, however. This goes to show our adaptability as a branch. Being the smallest branch while covering more disciplines than all of the others, we have to be very adaptable. A GySgt in the Marine Corps may have to accomplish multiple billets simultaneously. In the other branches, that E-7 would have a much smaller and more narrowed scope.

To put that in perspective, I am a combat engineer. In this MOS, we are responsible from everything from airfield damage repair, urban breaching, vertical construction, bridging and everything in between. The army and other branches have different mos and units for each of those engineering disciplines.

For those that haven’t served and like to make Marines eating crayon jokes, I will tell you that you are way off base. I have met many Marines from a wide array of MOS’ that are exceptionally intelligent.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:26:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And drawing dicks on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The love of Crayons.

And drawing dicks on everything.

This is what I’ve heard for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well maybe you should take your keyboard ass out there on the front line the next time someone threatens our country.  Until you do sit there in your soft chair with your keyboard and Google Arlington National Cemetery or watch videos of Normandy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Misquote?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We really excel at a lot of different things. We are a very dynamic branch that can do essentially everything to a limited degree. Expeditionary operations are (supposed to be) our thing. Unfortunately over the last few wars we have been used as a second army.

We excel at most everything and are often times better than the other services. Marines are very dynamic in their jobs. Every Marine a rifleman is often made fun of by people who don’t know. A Marine working at IPAC isn’t a rifleman. They are taught some skills required to act as provisional infantry, however. This goes to show our adaptability as a branch. Being the smallest branch while covering more disciplines than all of the others, we have to be very adaptable. A GySgt in the Marine Corps may have to accomplish multiple billets simultaneously. In the other branches, that E-7 would have a much smaller and more narrowed scope.

To put that in perspective, I am a combat engineer. In this MOS, we are responsible from everything from airfield damage repair, urban breaching, vertical construction, bridging and everything in between. The army and other branches have different mos and units for each of those engineering disciplines.

For those that haven’t served and like to make Marines eating crayon jokes, I will tell you that you are way off base. I have met many Marines from a wide array of MOS’ that are exceptionally intelligent.

Semper Fi
View Quote

Very well put.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Semper Fi
View Quote

Good thing I put my time in the Infantry.

So the crayon jokes, will continue ...especially since they get  some of ya'lls panties in a twist.

To claim to be so tough...yet be so thin skinned

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So the crayon jokes, will continue ...especially since they get  some of ya'lls panties in a twist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semper Fi

Doesn't bother me. Bring it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semper Fi

Lol, says the guy who flipped out on someone who told him to stfu.

Thin skin much?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top