User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have stopped calling myself a conservative. It is now a misnomer for those on the right as there really isn't much left to conserve, and even saving what little we have left will do nothing to save this country or our heritage.

It is clear that we have much to retake to even begin to return to a country of our founder's vision.

Make no mistake, if there is to be war, we will be the insurgency.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The public sector is liberal.
Corporate America is liberal.
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
Schools are liberal.
Colleges and universities are liberal.
The news media is liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost the GOP.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News.
We lost Chick Fil-A.
We lost AM talk radio.
We lost Sports Illustrated.
We lost country music.
We lost ESPN.
We lost Disney.
My in-laws are even commie liberals.  

Outside of each other, what do conservatives have?  Brighten my morning ARF - tell me we have something.

There won’t be a civil war 2.0.  They just have to wait for GenX to die off.

What have we gained?
View Quote

The Corps do/say whatever to make money
The courts/DOJ are not liberal. They are totally behind the blue line.

How is fox news lost?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.... no.

Sig, Beretta, HK, GLOCK, S&W, Colt, Remington, and others only really care about Gov Contracts. Sure, they play the game of supporting the civilian market. But the honest truth is today as in the past. They bent knee and went with whatever to keep the government gravy train running.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun manufacturers.
LOL.... no.

Sig, Beretta, HK, GLOCK, S&W, Colt, Remington, and others only really care about Gov Contracts. Sure, they play the game of supporting the civilian market. But the honest truth is today as in the past. They bent knee and went with whatever to keep the government gravy train running.

I'm genuinely surprised that anyone would perceive otherwise.

There may - MAY - be exceptions. Barrett and their refusal to sell/service guns to the CA government comes to mind. PSA is another company I strongly suspect of being principled.

However they're not the size of the big players. At least they aren't yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have arfcom.  The last true bastion of conservative thought.  The last safe space.

View Quote

Until the commies seize the server and round us all up for "the wall"...
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have arfcom.  The last true bastion of conservative thought.  The last safe space.

View Quote

OP you're right on a lot but never give up! My In laws were red blooded Americans to their bones, FIL was a Vietnam USMC vet and mother in law taught real values. There's hope but we have to take a stand at some point and get it back on track.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Everyone in my IT department is very conservative.
View Quote

I'm the only one in my IT department...
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, consider this. When the world is run entirely by intersex Marxist humanities professors with crippling anxiety disorders, you won't be around for it.

Small favors.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#12]
We have stockpiles of guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
We get the Bible thumpers - lucky us!!  So glad we aligned with the evangelicals.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#14]
We just have our jobs and families. We pay taxes that the left uses on Welfare for their voters. Without us the country would fall apart rapidly. But yeah it's sucks that everything is basically politically against us. Governments want to be tyrannical and the Democrats have half the population on board.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can tell you what they have left:

The ability to be self defeating doomers.

Quit crying and go change each of those things with what you can do with people around you.
View Quote

Been doing that for years. All I keep hearing is how "we" have jobs and families, and the left doesn't...
Funny.

If they don't have jobs, who's indoctrinating their kids and have been progressively so for the past 15 years?
Who's running the corporations? Same corporations that shit can to blacklist Trump supporters over things they've said on their time, not company time, when it was screen shot and sent to HR or management?

If they don't have families, who were the spouses and kids? Weinstein movie rejects for wives, kids were epstien island refugees?
And if they didn't have jobs and families...
Can anyone here explain why my hometown was built into a suburban shit hole full of cityiots?

I've attended town hall meetings since my junior year of highschool (required in order to graduate) and have argued with these insidious fucks ever since.
My efforts were fruitless as I was written off/discounted, as a fringe extreme minority by both supposed republicans/conservatives, and democrats/liberals.

Apparently our normal daily operations are as follows.
1. Go to work.
2. Come home at 530-6 to eat dinner with the family.
3. Watch the news or sports or something until bedtime.
4. Maybe bitch on facebook/forums/social media until bedtime.
5. Repeat 1-5.

Well between 1-5 and Muh decorumz And other cuckservative nonsense... this is why we are where we are.
Cuckservative nonsense being their business, their rulez, which only works for them (conservative Cake Baker doesn't seem to ring a bell)
Muh property valuez! (Because paying more to the tax man based on arbitrary bullshit reasons to fund leftist degenerate programs is somehow awesome, right up to where you go to sell your barely maintained 1,200-2ksqft ranch for 200-300k with 8-12k in property taxes annually that you paid 80-100k for in the 70s-90s...only to get raped in capital gains)

We're doomed because we are lazy and believe politicians will do their job and not capitulate through compromise... (making friends across the aisle, working with friends across the aisle)
And complacent as fuck.

What? We're supposed to attend town/city hall meetings and argue against proposals that will cost us in local taxes? That's absurd, that's somebody else's job!
What? We're supposed to attend rallies and protests? But, Muh jobz Muh familyz! Liberals don't have jobs or families!

It's evident in the posts and threads here at a so called "conservative bastion".
@Miami_JBT even tries like hell to bring the horse to water to drink... never mind try to force the horse to drink. Even he gets "Muh jobz Muh familyzTM shtick for a response or TL/DR.

Saw it with the Covid threads.
So called conservatives advocating for up to and including lethal force if exiting your house without a mask on. Advocating for their will being enforced by the state, to cheering for businesses being stifled, people being laid off/fired, to fined/arrested even, for defying a petty tyrants edicts.

Saw it with the riot threads. Everyone a suburbanite scared shitless at the prospect of their police department being deep 6'd by virtue signaling leftist simps. Owns suppressed Gucci guns, plate carriers with plates and trauma pads, wizard eyes, and howls 1776! Yet when that rubber is supposed to meet the road? Muh home defense, Muh self defense, Muh business/employer being secured? That's someone else's job (law enforcement). You'd think they'd be excited to see referees with badges sit the sidelines when destructive miscreants come around. But no.

I think every cuckservative here needs to go spend about 5 years in NY or NJ or CA. Get a taste of how things are done there. That's what's coming down the line for the nation.
And that shit all starts locally, works it's way on up to the county, then the state and from the state through congress critters, to the nation.

And it all starts in town/city halls. The very place I have been telling folks to get their asses into and argue the degenerates with facts and logic.
I keep getting-TL/DR.
I keep getting-Muh jobz Muh familyz leftists don't have jobs or families!
And other convienent excuses for ineptitude and inaction.

I've fought these fuckers since I was a teenager. I've watched the place I grew up in, morph into a complete and utter urbanized shit hole, an arbitrary gun free Zone. That happens when you allow shit heels to buy in the countryside and develop. That's what happens when they pass a quite time followed by a noise ordinance. Then work on zoning restrictions that start with no discharge of a firearm within town limits, to no discharge within so many feet of a residential area. Feet then become yards, yards then become acres.

I've seen the morons who hid behind Muh jobz Muh familyz lose their coveted sacred job because environazis and overzealous tax schemes. Shortly thereafter they lost their family.
They didn't listen to me when I told them their employers were targeted for any and every reason to be shut down.
Then again, leftist ideology and free shit doesn't go over well with productive earners that live comfortably-luxuriously...
But I've been assured by all the NIMBY shit bags that turning the nation into an HOA with ridiculous property taxes was a good thing because it keeps the riff raff out...
Funny... that riff raff still flocked to my old neck of the woods... Property values and taxes irrelevant...
Funny... they bitch about welfare and public assistance, yet willingly enable conditions to exist that lends credibility to welfare and public assistance... then triple down on the dumb and cheer over the tax man assessing their property value from 100k to 300k in 4 or 5 years time... to justify property taxes being sub 1k to over 5k. Gee... I wonder where the welfare money comes from... the bounty on NY gun owners heads come from... could it be? Muh property valuez-taxes!? Yup.

I don't see many conservatives here, there's some, but the overwhelming majority aren't, sadly... I see alot of cheap liberals but then again. Cityiots and suburbanites are basically just that... Cheap liberals. Dependent off the sweat of someone else's brow via socialized services anything else would be too much like work, for that's someone else's job...

Everyone wants machine guns and freedom until it's time to put in work to make that a reality... then its Muh jobz Muh familyz Muh elected officialz and other cuckservative limp dicked noises.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Democrats do work, they just are willing to sacrifice a vacation or sick day for the cause unlike many Republicans.
View Quote

The shit heels drove 4-6 hours north to bitch and moan and bring forth their degeneracy/proposals to my hometown.
The locals somehow couldn't make the 5-10 minute drive to townhall.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Too gloom and doom.  Ton's of fellow millennials I know are conservative, most of us more conservative than the gen Xer's I know.  And as a law student, there are some lefties in my class but the overwhelming majority are conservatives.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They already own it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
Schools are liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost the GOP.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News.
We lost Chick Fil-A.
We lost AM talk radio.
We lost country music.
We lost ESPN.
We lost Disney.

Outside of each other, what do conservatives have?  Brighten my morning ARF - tell me we have something.

What have we gained?
View Quote

I agree that we do not control those groups.  The question should be;  Do we allow those groups to control us, and, do we care about the way the people running those institutions in their feeling for us?

They may have sway or outright control, but are they really happy with the result?  All I see is a bunch of wailing and nashing of teeth going on with the Radical Liberal Left.  Even with all of that control, why can't they defeat President D Trump or get rid of us all together?  The answer is they cannot because we out number them.  The liberals know this.  Radical Leftists at CNN are unaware of their ratings dropping of viewership.  Radicalized professionals are not taken seriously anymore.  Do you really think that a Liberal Arts Professor frothing at the mouth screaming RASCISM!!! RASCIST EVERYWHERE OMG is remotely listened to outside of their little cloistered echo chamber in their classroom?  I say no.  I say that we are winning and winning bigly.  Just because people say up is down and left is right does not make it so.  No one and I mean no one is fooled by what the radical left represents and or desires.  Think of Chesty Puller at Guaddal Canal in 1942 when told he was surrounded on all sides.  His reply is legend and the greatest troll to that point on the battle field "Good, now I have the enemy right where I want them."  Did you ever hear the saying that you couldn't throw a rock and not hit something or someone being referenced?  Look around you and see.  You are not the minority and you are certainly not the minority that knows right from wrong.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#22]
To some people being conservative means real freedom in the form of lacking government and enforcement. To others it means their favorite jack boot on your throat enforcing what they think is the right way to do things.

People are tired of the boot and when their two options are both boots they figure they may as well get some free stuff with the boot jammed into their neck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

PE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of the Civil PE's that I know or have worked for vote GOP, I guess that doesn't mean they are conservatives though. They are also men. The female PE's I know are of latina decent and vote the D.

I guess that is probably changing due to the liberals making it STEAM instead of STEM.

PE?

@KampusKop

Professional Engineer. Requires licensing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
School are liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News
We lost Chick Fil-A
We lost AM talk radio
My in-laws are even commie liberals.  ??

Outside of each other, what do conservatives have?  Brighten my morning ARF.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/penquin-141500.gif

@Extorris

One of the best gif deployments ever.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Conservatives have the truth.

Leftists struggle with reality, and reality always wins out in the end. The problem is that they tend to do an enormous amount of damage in the meantime. They learn from their tactical mistakes but they never question their flawed central dogmas.

If conservatives want to win (or at least diminish the societal harm that leftists tend to do) we have to organize and have solidarity with each other.

That also means making functional alternatives to leftist run institutions. And a personal commitment from everyone to use our alternatives. Which many conservatives are sadly too lazy or cheap to do.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
School are liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News
We lost Chick Fil-A
We lost AM talk radio
My in-laws are even commie liberals.  ??

Outside of each other, what do conservatives have?  Brighten my morning ARF.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57330/penquin-141500.gif

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Most dentists my age are conservative
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Intelligence, independence, and integrity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Soap box

Ballot Box

how does the rest go?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
Schools are liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost the GOP.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News.
We lost Chick Fil-A.
We lost AM talk radio.
We lost country music.
We lost ESPN.
We lost Disney.

What have we gained?
View Quote

I don't feel like I've lost any of those things. I'm glad that folks are becoming uncomfortable. I'm glad that they're being slandered and forced to realize that all the claims of racism have been false-witness since time immemorial.

What you see as a loss are all things that must occur for people to start thinking clearly. The productive folks are being abused and alienated. They're becoming numb to the bogus attacks. The hand wringing is going to stop. Sanity is on the horizon.

Buck up, Camper.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm condemned to be a grumpy, non PC, old man. Screw them all.
View Quote

I like it. That's my current path also
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

PE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most of the Civil PE's that I know or have worked for vote GOP, I guess that doesn't mean they are conservatives though. They are also men. The female PE's I know are of latina decent and vote the D.

I guess that is probably changing due to the liberals making it STEAM instead of STEM.

PE?
Professional Engineer. Civil Engineers in Va have to have their PE License.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Most people that claim to be Conservative wrap themselves up in the fabric of Liberty to cover the truth that they're just right-wing right wing authoritarians that are quite happy with their team wearing the boot of oppression and curb stomping people they don't like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To some people being conservative means real freedom in the form of lacking government and enforcement. To others it means their favorite jack boot on your throat enforcing what they think is the right way to do things.

People are tired of the boot and when their two options are both boots they figure they may as well get some free stuff with the boot jammed into their neck.

Most people that claim to be Conservative wrap themselves up in the fabric of Liberty to cover the truth that they're just right-wing right wing authoritarians that are quite happy with their team wearing the boot of oppression and curb stomping people they don't like.

Everybody wants their own ideology to prevail.  That's the way it works.  Anyone who says different either lacks commitment or is being dishonest.

It's not as oppressive as it sounds.  I hold my beliefs because I believe them to be right and true.  If I didn't, I'd change them.  It would be unnatural to not want others to believe the same way.

That's not to say I can't ever be wrong.  I can be, and have been.  But until something comes along to change them, I'll continue to support my beliefs as strongly as I can legally and ethically support them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not.... evangelicals are why the Right is losing ground with the demographic shift in population (age groups). Legislating morality is bad juju. If the Right stuck to three core principles it could win.

Smaller Constitutional Government, Fiscal Conservatism, and Expanding Civil Rights

Instead the Right focuses on bathroom signage, defends memorials of dead Democrat Slave Owners, and is perfectly fine expanding government and crushing civil rights while doing so.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:What do Conservatives have left?
View Quote

Truth, principles, logic, ethics.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why did you say you thought Laura Ingraham would have "sulfur breath"???

(Totally off topic, but that piqued my curiosity. )

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#39]
coping mechanisms like insane optimism.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Most of the working men are conservative, but we are isolated because the Media is unrelentingly Libtarded.     We need to band together to buy one of the MSM outlets.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck it, I guess were done here then boys, pack-er in!

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not.... evangelicals are why the Right is losing ground with the demographic shift in population (age groups). Legislating morality is bad juju. If the Right stuck to three core principles it could win.

Smaller Constitutional Government, Fiscal Conservatism, and Expanding Civil Rights

Instead the Right focuses on bathroom signage, defends memorials of dead Democrat Slave Owners, and is perfectly fine expanding government and crushing civil rights while doing so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We get the Bible thumpers - lucky us!!  So glad we aligned with the evangelicals.

The Left legislates their brand of morality all the time.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#43]
God Is Not A Liberal
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#44]
And what are we doing about it?   Go vote, get 10 people who agree with you who usually do not vote and get them to vote as well.  We need to overwhelm the system and reject this attack on our institutions.  An overwhelming victory for Trump and like minded individuals down ticket will send the message that enough is enough.  But we can't let up even then.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Left legislates their brand of morality all the time.

View Quote

Yep.   There is no stopping what's coming.  It's more about outlasting them or at least tripping them up to fall along with you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck it, I guess were done here then boys, pack-er in!

View Quote

We are far from done.  If we do loose out to their Utopia, they should have to pay a very very high price for it.  Maybe they'll appreciate what they gained so it will become more glorious when they loose it to their incompetence and corruption.   This will happen time and time again as it always does with anti-capitalists.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Attorneys are liberal.
IT is liberal.
Schools are liberal.
The courts are liberal.
The DOJ is liberal.
We lost the church.
We lost the GOP.
We lost Boy Scouts.
We lost Fox News.
We lost Chick Fil-A.
We lost AM talk radio.
We lost country music.
We lost ESPN.
We lost Disney.

What have we gained?
View Quote

Was bound to happen, it's the nature of conservatism to resist change/ideas and slowly get dragged to a place it never had any hand in choosing. The left chooses the battlefields and the status quo eventually becomes untenable.

Liberals have new ideas. Sometimes what are needed to defeat new bad ideas are new better ideas. Conservatism is a self-defeating ideology running on the credence of some very good new ideas at the core of the American experiment. The left and right shape each other, and they've done a terrible job of it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Voting will not change these problems

These problems were planted as seeds decades ago, they are now reaching harvest time

99.9% of conservatives are completely spineless, they cling to some idea of "moral superiority" while avoiding action like the plague

As much as i despise the left, they are motivated and not afraid to piss people off and go for the jugular. The right does not do that, and should anyone propose such ideas the knitting circle of "principled" neocon boomers freak out and tell them to "take yer radical ideas elsewhere pal, that's not the American way"

I'm willing to bet that when things get much worse, half of you will still be in a cloud of denial and "following the rules" while you're literally burned out and replaced

Fun times ahead
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Um, the courts are balanced right now overall.
Unfortunately balanced by two competing extremes.

We haven't lost the church.  The churches are under attack, the Left has eliminated the common experience and influence of church, but its still there as a community spot.
That influence is likewise vanilla ting.

How do you figure we lost AM Talk radio?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top