Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/with-oil-below-zero-trump-to-top-off-strategic-petroleum-reserve

Seems like now would be a good time to create a 2nd SPR. Although I have no idea how long that would take; prices could be back to normal by the time its ready.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It only takes 4% overproduction in oil to create this kind of fiasco.
It seems to happen every few years when someone decides to have a price war.

About 90% of the people I worked with, including me, were laid off a couple of weeks ago.

We were not drillers. Machinists. We made bearings. Very specialized bearings for downhole drilling.

Last time we went through this, once drilling started again, it took the company I worked for almost two years to get back to where they could meet demand for our product. You can’t just flip a switch and start production again. You are lucky to get half the skilled people back. If they called me six months from now, I’m not sure I’d go back. (I already have another job offer although at a 25% cut in pay. Aerospace has its own issues)

To train new people, it takes about six months to get them to where they don’t have to be babysat. Two years to get them competent enough to do a set up and run on their own.

We typically buy our steel two months out. All the suppliers will be in the same boat.

It will take a minimum of two years to get the oil industry back to where it was a year ago.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a result of Russia and the Saudis playing games a month ago and increasing oil production and
the game of rush and roulette got em both.  Dumb fucks.
View Quote

Worked out for me. Paid $24 for 25 gallons of gas yesterday. Winning
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Been headed that way for some time.  Here's a couple of frac trucks parked for lack of work..
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57642/Stacked_20Equipment_zpsotvbo1om_jpg-1378505.JPG
And a few drilling rigs...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57642/H_P_Odessa_Yard_May_2015_jpg-1378507.JPG

View Quote
Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Take a picture of those prices cause they won’t last long
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
What about the all these Rail Road liquid cars? Can't they be loaded with oil?
and again why is fuel $189gal?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I am thinking it will lead to MASSIVE shortages.

If you can't make money selling something.......it won't be sold/produced.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Gas still over $2.50 a gallon here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Prices are the same here as they were last week. Guess they are selling what they had already purchased or they are fucking everyone over. Either way the consumer gets cornholed with no lube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Still well above $2/gallon for premium.
View Quote

Holy shit, I thought 70 cents differential between regular and premium was nuts. (1.20 and 1.90)
In Cumberland, regular is 1.05, diesel is 1.65 (Michigan diesel is over $2) and premium is 2.39.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#13]
As much as ten dollars a gallon during the "shortage" if demand ever comes back to normal. And the same if demand never comes back up once they get the supply cut down. The fallout from this panic will be in play for years. The dems and their media really don't have clue about what they have done. Of course the upper level deep sate leaders won't suffer any ill effects anyways.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully, Coleman fuel will come down in price now.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.meijer.com/content/dam/meijer/product/0007/65/0100/03/0007650100037_1200.png

View Quote

not if refineries shut down
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.meijer.com/content/dam/meijer/product/0007/65/0100/03/0007650100037_1200.png

Don't the refineries start going down this time of year anyway for maintenance & to switch from winter to summer blend fuels?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't the refineries start going down this time of year anyway for maintenance & to switch from winter to summer blend fuels?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn arounds happen. Outages are planned. Prices might flex up slightly.

A large refinery company cutting 300k bbl/day capacity due to lack of demand is not planned.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lots of people are already out of a job due to depressed market prices. A number more would lose theirs should the operators decide to shut in their production.

Each well has it's own unique characteristics depending on a lot of variables, but stuff can occasionally happen that makes resuming pumping fairly difficult (depending on the length of time it's been shut-in.

As a for instance, idle wells can get clogged with paraffin because they aren't being treated/pumped and could require being swabbed out to keep from clogging the pump. That takes a workover rig and crew to run it....but those boys are gone.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you who know more about this than I do (probably everybody) I have a couple of questions:

- If we stop pulling oil out of the ground, how many people will lose their jobs?

- How badly is this going to screw us when the pendulum swings the other way?
Lots of people are already out of a job due to depressed market prices. A number more would lose theirs should the operators decide to shut in their production.

Each well has it's own unique characteristics depending on a lot of variables, but stuff can occasionally happen that makes resuming pumping fairly difficult (depending on the length of time it's been shut-in.

As a for instance, idle wells can get clogged with paraffin because they aren't being treated/pumped and could require being swabbed out to keep from clogging the pump. That takes a workover rig and crew to run it....but those boys are gone.  

Could tubing guys are likely out of work, too- those guys are legit pros who earn every bit of their pay.  It's a shame there's not a lot of lateral career fields they could use as a temporary or transitional resort.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top