Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2024 11:03:38 PM EDT
No answer on the phone, callback or reply email.

Anyone know where to buy replacement/spare action parts?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
They moved to Arizona then recently they moved again. Can’t remember if it was Texas, Missouri whatever. They haven’t really been relevant for many many years. Impact is basically the updated version. Wade stuteville is still making amazing barrels under his own name and helped design the impact stuff.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Like .308 and 300WM, they’ve been rendered obsolete by better more modern options.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
They used to be based out of Oklahoma years ago.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They moved to Arizona then recently they moved again. Can't remember if it was Texas, Missouri whatever. They haven't really been relevant for many many years. Impact is basically the updated version. Wade stuteville is still making amazing barrels under his own name and helped design the impact stuff.
View Quote
Yup impact is similar and updated.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They used to be based out of Oklahoma years ago.
View Quote

Yup, one of the original Surgeon employees  built me a lazer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They moved to Arizona then recently they moved again. Can’t remember if it was Texas, Missouri whatever. They haven’t really been relevant for many many years. Impact is basically the updated version. Wade stuteville is still making amazing barrels under his own name and helped design the impact stuff.
View Quote

this.  self inflicted wound.   they got bought by someone who prob never shot a gun before, along with mcmillan rifles and a few other companies.  they disbanded their shooting team, and their mfg was moved to AZ but the people who knew what they were doing parted ways and then afaik, all their guns were made by the guys who were making mcmillan rifles (not mcmillan stocks). oh well.   i switched my 2 surgeon actions to impact.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
All of the above and they’re in Texas now apparently. Recently heard they stopped supplying bare actions or some such as well…

Their parent company sells some OEM parts via https://everygunpart.com/oem/surgeon-rifles.html and it looks like they jacked up some prices recently as I recall the bolts costing about half as much a couple morons ago.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All of the above and they're in Texas now apparently. Recently heard they stopped supplying bare actions or some such as well

Their parent company sells some OEM parts via https://everygunpart.com/oem/surgeon-rifles.html and it looks like they jacked up some prices recently as I recall the bolts costing about half as much a couple morons ago.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Surgeon Scalpel built by Wade back in the day That I got from a guy.  Tack driver.  I was also wanting to pick up some spare parts just in case I needed them in the future Back in 2022.  It was a little difficult to get a hold of someone, but I finally did and got the parts ordered.  They were in Arizona, but I think I read something in the last six months that they were moving the entire parent company along with surgeon to a new facility in Texas.  Looks like that third-party site that somebody posted is going to be the best way to get parts right now if you can’t get in touch with them.

Here’s my invoice from late 2022.  Looks like the ejector kit stayed the same price, the firing pin kit increased maybe 15%, and I’m not sure what they charge for the extractors now but they are just basic Remington 700 extractors.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#11]
If all else fails contact GA Precision and see if they have a solution.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#12]
All I know is that Armalite got super weird and sucky when they got bought by the same group. It was weird. Obviously there was a plan and they have a lot of money but I kept hoping for new innovation but that hasn't seem to happened with any of their brands.

https://www.sacfirearms.com/
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the Surgeon DBM bottom metal, the mag release was designed nice for a hunting rifle.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All I know is that Armalite got super weird and sucky when they got bought by the same group. It was weird. Obviously there was a plan and they have a lot of money but I kept hoping for new innovation but that hasn't seem to happened with any of their brands.

https://www.sacfirearms.com/
View Quote

YEAH, HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!. Emails go unanswered as do most phone calls. I was hoping for ambi AR-10 lowers but nothing, nada….Damn shame Westrom sold the company….
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top