View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
From another thread:

"There is nothing illegal in the car."

I thought this was a good answer

1. It doesn’t answer the question of “do you have any weapons.”

2. Spontaneously declaring that you have nothing illegal is likely to illicit suspicion that the opposite is true
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
A Hi-Lift Jack is only intended to harm the user, does that still make it a weapon

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Second thread on this topic today.

Why are you guys getting pulled over so much?

Exactly what DO you have in your car?
View Quote

I’ve been pulled over for doing nothing other than being Hispanic before by a new dude. Did nothing but dared travel freely with a USP sticker on my back window glass. It does happen and it does suck. I’ve had one speeding ticket and it was because the NCHP had no choice because his supervisor was shadowing him. In NC you’re really only required to disclose if it’s official contact and you are carrying.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m not driving, I’m traveling.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Goden rule is you don't lie. If you have an answer the cop may not like you don't fuckin answer.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't like that rule. it's a stop. I'm not under oath. I didn't swear in a court of law. In fact, this isn't a court.

It's a stop.  Say what you have to.  And BTW, lately I see the traffic police as revenue generators for the county and the insurance companies.  IOW, highway robbery.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
In NC, you must inform if you are CC.

I did get pulled over for doing something that I thought was not wrong last month.  Pulled out of a Bojangles lot without stopping.  There wasn't any traffic except the police car behind me.  Informed and was given a warning, no ticket.

Cop didn't even care about my pistol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From another thread:

"There is nothing illegal in the car."
View Quote

Why do you feel the need to answer the question if you are not in a state that has a duty to inform? Ask him/her why they stopped you? The above is the correct answer if you feel you need to answer and if it is accurate (if it’s not accurate, you may have just committed another crime, depending on the jurisdiction).  

You can also tell them your lawyer has advised you against answering unrelated questions in a traffic stop. The officer won’t like it and is likely going to try to bully you into saying something. “Hey, I need to know for our safety. If you don’t have anything to hide, just answer the simple question.” “If you don’t answer me, I’ll have to get a dog out here. Just make it easy on yourself.”
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I say sure do, you wanna buy one?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:. How about:  "My hands are officially registered as deadly weapons so I don't need a gun."
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Around here they ask if there’s anything in the vehicle they should know about, and since that’s a matter of opinion not fact, the answer is “no”.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
"I thought they issued you weapons. Fine, come to the trunk but bring cash."
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Of the few times I've been pulled over, I've only been asked if I have guns in the car 2 times. Once was when I was coming back from taking my boss shooting some of my MG's, (he was freaking out and damn near paralyzed in fear). I told the Trooper there were a couple long guns in the back seat. He asked us to exit the vehicle so he could secure them. No problem except I had to damn near push my boss out of the truck. He put them on my tailgate.... did his thing, then asked me to wait until he drove off before I put them back in the truck. No biggie. The other time, another Trooper, asked if I had any guns in the car. I told him just my daily carry on my hip. He asked if I was LE, and I told him "no, just carrying to protect myself". He said, "ok, don't pull yours, and I won't pull mine". We both laughed and I replied with, "God gave me all the holes I need, so I think we're good".

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
You do not have my consent to a search. Am I under arrest? Am I free to go? Do you know I pay your salary? You work for me. Don't you have real criminals to chase? Are no actual crimes being committed right now? Do you know who I am? Isn't there a donut with your name on it somewhere?

Based and sovereign AF
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:. We literally just did this thread two days ago
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
“ I can’t breathe!”
View Quote

I think I'll try this one next time I get pulled over.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Flex your guns. They love that.
View Quote

I've got two guns on me at all times!
This is one of them (grasps "gun")

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't respond to the question at all.

The cops will try to push you on your lack of response.

Don't respond to their push.

They will push harder.

Ask them if they are going to address the reason for the stop.

They will ask questions. They might take you out of your car. They might bring a Ouija dog. They might search your car anyway. They might arrest you anyway.

Don't answer.

Just shut the fuck up.

Rule one of any criminal should be don't rat.

The Hells Angels clarified this to include ratting on one's self.

You can not talk your way out of a bull shit arrest. You can talk you into an arrest.

Just shut the fuck up. Don't give consent.

Don't fight but don't give them anything at all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#18]
cops lie all the time...lie dude

but be convincing....
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why do the police need to know if I have a constitutionally protected item in my possession?

It's none of their business.
View Quote

apparently you haven't read the "plebs exception" clause of the Constitution that govt operates by....
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The police are not your friends.  
No matter how friendly the approach.

Officer I respectfully decline to answer any questions.

Am I being detained?

Thank you officer have a nice day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I live in Virginia and unfortunately my CCW is attached to my car registration.  So when law enforcement calls in my tag they are notified of my CCW . Apparently even out of state law enforcement gets access to that information.  Its not right IMO but that's how it is in the Communistwealth.
View Quote

That's one of the reasons why I didn't renew my license in Texas. Now there's no database linkage and no duty to notify under MPA.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No requirement to disclose in Utah.  Not that I have frequent interactions with law enforcement but in the few times I have been pulled over in the last 20 years no one has asked.  I know my CFP shows up when they run my DL.
View Quote
Got pulled over by a Washington County sherif a few years back. Thougth I'd be nice and tell him I was carrying. He cut me off before I could even finish to tell me he didn't care. Ran my license and came back and told me to slow down and have a good day. Rural Utah cops are pretty gun friendly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just treat every interaction with police as if you're in a Congressional hearing.

"I don't recall."
"I don't recall."
"I don't recall."

And you'd never be held accountable for anything! Easy peezy.
View Quote

"Reclaiming my time!"
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#24]
"Do you not?"
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I grab my cock while singing "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for fighting this for fun!"
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#26]
"I don't answer questions" - Ray Shoesmith.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He is saying 'if asked"  I just tripped to FLA from VA and researched duty to inform - NC, SC - yes, GA - no, FL - no and of course VA - no.  That doesn't mean if asked.  Also, none of those states have a criminal code against having a gun in a hotel.  You can be asked to leave or remove it, and then be trespassed.  Also rest stops - do you know in VA you cannot carry at a rest stop?  I found that odd.  The other states - no code on that.
View Quote

You DO NOT have to answer even if asked in GA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I’ve been pulled over for doing nothing other than being Hispanic before by a new dude. Did nothing but dared travel freely with a USP sticker on my back window glass. It does happen and it does suck. I’ve had one speeding ticket and it was because the NCHP had no choice because his supervisor was shadowing him. In NC you’re really only required to disclose if it’s official contact and you are carrying.
View Quote

99% of the time we don't know who's at the wheel until we're standing at the drivers window. This whole thing about " I was stopped because I'm ( insert minority group)" is largely BS. Especially at night when you absolutely can't see who's behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Legally required to answer if asked in Florida.

The cops are also aware of whether a driver has a concealed permit. I haven't been pulled much over the years, but it's never been an issue.
View Quote

I’ve seen it mentioned a few places that you are required to disclose if asked in FL but I’ve never seen a citation of where that statute is found. I’ve never seen one.

As far as it being shown for the driver, it’s not on our system. Perhaps it varies by agency/program.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Just these hands - they're registered as lethal weapons"
View Quote

Maybe not registered, but what about some joke like: *holds up fists* “I’ve got these bad boys” haha

Then change the subject…?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#31]
No habla ingles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#32]
While flexing say, "two right here" and kiss each bicep. Then, look him right in the eyes and wink.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
they will claim you just lied to an officer.
View Quote

So? Unless it's a federal officer it's not a crime they I'm aware of.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I answer truthfully in a foreign language. If they don't understand me I guess that's their problem?

ETA I'm not aware of any law requiring answers to be in English
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That map has a number of inaccuracies.

There’s no requirement to answer in Virginia even if asked. The only requirement is that you produce a CHP if requested, but that’s a completely different question. There’s also no penalty for lying if asked, because the obstruction statute doesn’t apply if the person lying is the subject of the investigation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"Are there any guns or weapons in the car"
Looking at the DC lawsuit and the only reason the plaintiffs were arrested is because they answered honestly.

ETA - When you have family in hostile states you don't have a choice really, but more importantly if you say "No" and they decide to search your vehicle and find a pocketknife, they will claim you just lied to an officer.
View Quote

They may but in most states that likely isn't a chargeable offense.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd tell them, it's not my god damn planet monkey boy!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've got two guns on me at all times!
This is one of them (grasps "gun")

View Quote
I'd much rather the officer ask me about these rocks in the background.  Because, that looks like Marseille, maybe Cassis.  [off to the internet....]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Never been asked. If I was, I would answer honestly since if it's legal to have one, I probably do, legally.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"Are there any guns or weapons in the car"
View Quote

{Bobbie Hill]"I DON'T KNOW YOU!  THAT MY PURSE!"{/bobbie Hill]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I’ve never had an officer ask me if I had any weapons in my vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is saying 'if asked"  I just tripped to FLA from VA and researched duty to inform - NC, SC - yes, GA - no, FL - no and of course VA - no.  That doesn't mean if asked.  Also, none of those states have a criminal code against having a gun in a hotel.  You can be asked to leave or remove it, and then be trespassed.  Also rest stops - do you know in VA you cannot carry at a rest stop?  I found that odd.  The other states - no code on that.

You DO NOT have to answer even if asked in GA.
https://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/duty-to-inform-50-states-1024x665.png

Quoted:
Quoted:
In GA, if asked you are required to tell the officer.  If not asked
there is no requirement to tell that you have a gun in the car.
I was asked once and the officers response was,  don't pull yours
and I won't pull mine.  So far, so good.

Incorrect. GA is a no duty to inform state.

I was referring only to 'duty to inform'
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top