Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Biden Refuses To Answer Questions On Russia, Ukraine.

Biden Refuses To Answer Questions On Russia, Ukraine, Stares Blankly As Staff Ushers Media Out
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Vladimir Putin says fighting between Russian separatists and Ukrainian forces along the border 'looks like genocide', ramping up tensions amid fears he will invade.

Putin, answering a question about threats against Russians living overseas, denounced what he called 'Russophobia' saying it is a 'first step towards genocide'.

He then pointed to the war simmering in Ukraine's Donbass region, on Russia's border, saying: 'You and I know what is happening... It certainly looks like genocide.'

Though Putin has used similar words before, they will cause fresh alarm amid a huge Russian troop build-up on Ukraine's border.

Russian state propaganda has, in the past, used 'threats' to Russians living overseas as pretext for invasion - including during the annexation of Crimea in 2014.

Putin made the remark on Thursday as Russian anti-aircraft missile batteries were filmed being taken to the frontlines, further bolstering his forces in the region.

Russian anti-aircraft missile batteries are seen at a railway yard near Voronezh, close to the Ukrainian border, as Putin continues to build up his forces in the region

Videos posted on TikTok and analysed by experts at Conflict Intelligence Team identified the vehicles as BUK-M1 missile launchers of the 49th zenite rocket brigade division being sent to Voronezh.

More footage showed support vehicles along with tanks and artillery sitting in what analysts said was Maslovka railway yard in Russia, close to the Ukrainian border.

The BUK-M1 is the same weapon system that shot down passenger flight MH-17 in the region in 2014, after troops mistook it for a Ukrainian transport.

More footage shows support vehicles for what analysts said was a battalion-sized force of M1 launchers, along with T-80U tanks and Msta-S artillery units.

The video appears to have been recorded on December 6, according to the train driver's console panel, the same day that Washington warned Putin will be ready to invade with a force 175,000-strong within weeks.

Ukraine's Donbass region, where fighting with Russian separatists is taking place, is majority-Ukrainian but contains significant Russian minorities with Russian being the dominant language in many southern and eastern districts.

Donetsk and Luhansk, the two regions which collectively make up the Donbass, are 38 per cent and 39 per ethnically Russian, respectively.

Many observers fear that Putin could invade on the pretext of protecting those people from the 'threat' of genocide.

More
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You’ll get another Kalmar Union and be ruled by a Danish monarch, and you will like it!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I said it before, I'll say it again.  Time to disband NATO.

Please do.

That'll give us a chance to defeat Denmark once and for all, and carry out an anschluss of Norway.

You’ll get another Kalmar Union and be ruled by a Danish monarch, and you will like it!  

You want us to make a go for Copenhagen again? And this time there's a bridge for us to use.

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Question for our members of the administrative state: how many Pomeranian Grenadiers are we expected to sacrifice in this pointless war?  

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw this today. Posted by a Brit fighting for Ukraine, that I follow on Instagram.  He usually posts updates and is currently doing some vehicle identification info posts.

Attachment Attached File

https://instagram.com/cossackgundi?utm_medium=copy_link
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like Joe has everything under control..

ABC’s Martha Raddatz Says Putin Added 10k More Troops To Ukraine Border After Call With Biden

ABC’s Martha Raddatz Says Putin Added 10k More Troops To Ukraine Border After Call With Biden
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
You know what Biden, NATO, and Europe in general will do if Putin decides to invade?

Nothing. They will do nothing.  

Putin knows he's dealing with pussies. and he has his hand on Euopes natural gas spigot in case anyone does get froggy.

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If Russia invades, Ukraine's military would be destroyed in 40 minutes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/09/world/europe/ukraine-military-russia-invasion.html
Russia’s forces include battle-ready submarines and frigates in the Black Sea armed with cruise missiles, and land-based units equipped with Iskander-M ballistic missiles, while Ukraine lacks serious missile defense systems. The Russian missiles could wipe out a significant part of the Ukrainian military in less than an hour, said Robert Lee, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and Ph.D. candidate at King’s College in London, who is a Russian military expert.

“If Russia really wants to unleash its conventional capabilities, they could inflict massive damage in a very short period of time,” Mr. Lee said. “They can devastate the Ukrainian military in the east really quickly, within the first 30-40 minutes.”
View Quote

And it looks like ze Germans aren't going to allow Nord Stream 2 to open.

https://www.rt.com/russia/542998-nord-stream-germany-certification/

So much for Europe averting an energy crisis this winter.  Gazprom and by extension Russia is laughing all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]
After watching this build up for almost a year I believe Russia will attack in January.  They have to much invested at this point. Their propaganda machine at home is running none stop.  Next question is how much territory will they take.  Ukraine’s military is nothing. If you can’t control the sky’s your toast.  Might be a cold winter for Europe.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After watching this build up for almost a year I believe Russia will attack in January.  They have to much invested at this point. Their propaganda machine at home is running none stop.  Next question is how much territory will they take.  Ukraine’s military is nothing. If you can’t control the sky’s your toast.  Might be a cold winter for Europe.
View Quote

Conventional wisdom said that Russia had ‘too much invested’ last time, too. Yet…
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd like to see the actual video of the Biden / Putin meeting and see what Biden actually said and how he said it.

The Russians leaked the first few seconds of the talk. Biden seemed awful friendly towards Putin. I'm having trouble seeing Biden talk tough to Putin.
View Quote

Potato probably thought he could treat Putin like Corn Pop
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That would make Putin very happy.
View Quote

I think the next way will do that, European armies will be caught with their pants down, their leadership overloaded with political appointees's like ours is, and there you have it. It's not because Russia is so strong it's because we're so weak, fancy toys don't make for an effective fighting force if there's no strong leadership.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#15]
His statement immediately following was 'You're on your own.'.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lots of Western nations' government and military personnel take time off/leave to go home for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Will Russia Invade Ukraine? And Can They Win?

On the Ukraine frontline: 'only the dead aren't afraid'

On the Ukraine frontline: 'only the dead aren't afraid'
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Russia: 'West delivering tanks and unknown chemicals to Ukraine'

Video

Putin drops first hint at potential war in Ukraine as he warns of taking 'military measures' against the West and his propagandist says Russia is prepared to turn 'everyone to radioactive ash'
Link

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1473362460673515527.html

Well then.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
After watching this build up for almost a year I believe Russia will attack in January.  They have to much invested at this point. Their propaganda machine at home is running none stop.  Next question is how much territory will they take.  Ukraine's military is nothing. If you can't control the sky's your toast.  Might be a cold winter for Europe.
View Quote

I've been asking myself that question too; It's way past the point of the Crimean water dispute. I'm get the feeling they're going to push all the way to Kyiv, especially if they they maintain any amount of momentum. And if they take the capital, then the country falls. I see no situation where Russia doesn't take what it wants, short of NATO deploying many mechanized divisions and a substantial amount of airpower. I think nothing short of removing the, as they see it, US-installed puppet regime will suffice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Putin Urges West to Give Security Guarantees 'Immediately'

Russia's Putin: The US is parking missiles "on the porch of our house"
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#22]
A closer look at Russia-Ukraine tensions and the potential for successful diplomacy
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Poland might want to set off an underground nuke test soon.

As should Taiwan.

Ukraine is really kicking themselves for listening to the US State department on the nukes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Russia has several pipelines going through Ukraine.  Securing those would have to be a priority.

I have been watching tons of YouTube videos of civilizations opinions. Most want to maintain the pensions they receive and for the war to end.  A lot don’t seem to care who wins

They do blame the corrupt Ukrainian government for problems.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
The news yesterday called for women to enlist in the military. My wife and mother here are telling me shit is about to hit the fan. Pray for us and the Glory of Ukraine.

https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/ukrainian-women-to-be-required-to-enlist-in-military-68014.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The news yesterday called for men and women to enlist in the military. My wife and mother here are telling me shit is about to hit the fan. Pray for us and the Glory of Ukraine.

https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/ukrainian-women-to-be-required-to-enlist-in-military-68014.html
View Quote

I wouldn't put a lot of weight into the new reservist law..... it calls for women ages 18-60 when men's is currently 18-40.
Laws change here all the time.

Most importantly,  This only applies when there is an active war ongoing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wouldn't put a lot of weight into the new reservist law..... it calls for women ages 18-60 when men's is currently 18-40.
Laws change here all the time.

Most importantly,  This only applies when there is an active war ongoing.
View Quote

Not trying to be a smartass... What do we call the Eastern front? Inactive?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The government labeled the war in the East as "Anti-Terrorist Operations" and there have been no formal declarations of war.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Remember this?

“Donald Trump has criticised Germany’s reliance on Russian energy, saying it is “totally controlled” by Moscow.

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia, because they will be getting 60 to 70 per cent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline,” he reportedly told Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in Brussels, referring to the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. “They got rid of their coal plants, they got rid of their nuclear, they’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia.”

Europe’s response to the inevitable Ukraine invasion will be crickets.

https://www.energy-reporters.com/policy/trump-condemns-nord-stream/

Edit to add: “The gas pipeline is finished, but it is waiting regulatory approval before it can start providing the 55 billion cubic meters of natural gas to Europe every year.”
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Meanwhile in the USA we elect people like Biden and AOC.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in the USA we elect people like Biden and AOC.
View Quote

The American people did not elect them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Russia vs Ukraine: Should the West Intervene? - TLDR News
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 3:24:25 AM EDT
[#35]
On Ukraine’s Front Line | Fly On The Wall
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The government labeled the war in the East as "Anti-Terrorist Operations" and there have been no formal declarations of war.
View Quote

Yes that is true. I guess for a moment I was sucked into the fear tactics and propaganda. My point is I am starting to see more people concerned here with the recent activity in Russia, and on the border conflict area.

I think it is good that Ukrainians, in general, take this more seriously. When the women start voicing their concerns, it is up to the men to put their fears at ease. I'm here to do what the situation asks of me. I will be here no matter what... To secure the family and fight if needed. I knew this situation could arise with me living here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've been asking myself that question too; It's way past the point of the Crimean water dispute. I'm get the feeling they're going to push all the way to Kyiv, especially if they they maintain any amount of momentum. And if they take the capital, then the country falls. I see no situation where Russia doesn't take what it wants, short of NATO deploying many mechanized divisions and a substantial amount of airpower. I think nothing short of removing the, as they see it, US-installed puppet regime will suffice.
View Quote

Historically speaking when Russia kills millions of Ukranians a Democrat administration rewards them with 14,000 airplanes and 350,000 trucks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Russia releases footage of Christmas war games in Crimea as Putin announces he has launched a salvo of 'unstoppable' 6,670mph hypersonic Zircon missiles.

VIDEO

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Anti-transport ditches dug in the east of Kharkiv region. Ukraine strengthens border with Russia

Anti-transport ditches dug in the east of Kharkiv region. Ukraine strengthens border with Russia

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

The postcard our parliament got from the Russian ambassador: he promises that Russia won’t invade any neighbors in 2022. If you can’t trust a postcard you can’t trust anything.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Russia has several pipelines going through Ukraine.  Securing those would have to be a priority.

I have been watching tons of YouTube videos of civilizations opinions. Most want to maintain the pensions they receive and for the war to end.  A lot don’t seem to care who wins

They do blame the corrupt Ukrainian government for problems.
View Quote

The pensions are miserably low and Ukrainians like to blame other people for their problems instead of taking responsibility.  Perfect example is corruption - they look at the top but I explain that it starts at the bottom so they need to stop this cycle.  Current generation is starting to understand but can only effect change with the next generation.  Some people I can try to convince while others just prefer to keep living in oblivion, day to day.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Minor skirmishes with a shaky "peace accord" mostly used by Russia to continue the destabilization.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#43]
This is on all the major news networks in Asia today.

Everyone can relax and chill now, Vlad has just been moving people around for training purposes and they are going home.

Russia says 10,000 troops returning to bases
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
We are sending Ukraine some of our Javelins and formerly Finnish and before that formerly East German D30s

https://www.err.ee/1608451673/eesti-plaanib-anda-ukrainale-rakette-ja-suurtukke
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We are sending Ukraine some of our Javelins and formerly Finnish and before that formerly East German D30s

https://www.err.ee/1608451673/eesti-plaanib-anda-ukrainale-rakette-ja-suurtukke
View Quote

Getting rid of old inventory?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Getting rid of old inventory?
View Quote

The Javelins are new and need replaced because we don’t have enough for us but the D30s came from Finland who bought them from ex NVA stocks. They are surplus now that Korean K9 howitzers have been purchased and MLRS/HIMARS should be arriving fairly soon.

Edit to clarify,formerly East German NVA not North Vietnamese NVA.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top