Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Did he steel it, or did he aluminum it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Show’s not nearly as good as I remember.  Knight Rider now makes me cringe as well…very corny.

A Team actually seems to hold up.  Still a decent, entertaining show.  

What was the ‘80s show where a guy could turn into a black panther?
View Quote

Manimal

He turned into all kinds of stock footage of wild animals.

Agree though, lots of these shows that were awesome then when I was ten can be cringey now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He is a train wreck.  I wanted to stop reading, but I couldn’t…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He is a train wreck.  I wanted to stop reading, but I couldn’t…

Wow!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holy shit I can't breathe!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm dying laughing here in my car is that really him or is that somebody trolling pretending to be him? The part about the beer was funny as hell
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Manimal

Agree though, lots of these shows that were awesome then when I was ten can be cringey now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Show’s not nearly as good as I remember.  Knight Rider now makes me cringe as well…very corny.

Manimal

It was high art compared to Automan!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]
LaFrancé
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Garfield
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe it was a company called, "Jetcopters".  It was in the credits of the show.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm dying laughing here in my car is that really him or is that somebody trolling pretending to be him? The part about the beer was funny as hell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it’s him, he posting from beyond the grave.

Surprised he made it as long as he did given how much drugs and alcohol he consumed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love how in the 80's, ANY problem could be solved by a stolen helicopter with chain guns, a stuntman with a truck, a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, or a 1982 Trans AM with a robot voice.

Muuuuricaaaa!!!!!
View Quote

great time to be a kid.  Now kids have drag queen story time
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And the Coyote X with a reformed car thief and a retired judge, a pink Sikorsky S-58 and a little robot, a Hughes 500 and a Ferrari 308 or a Dodge Powerwagon and '82 Camaro Z-28.
View Quote

Don't forget a 69 (68) Dodge Charger or a 76 Grand Torino.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did he steel it, or did he aluminum it?
View Quote

Depending on how he steeled it, it would probably be too heavy to fly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Surprised he made it as long as he did given how much drugs and alcohol he consumed.
View Quote

He masturbated a lot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#16]
PSA built it
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

700 for both?    Helluva deal.   I’m in for 100, do we have 6 more investors?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

700 for both?    Helluva deal.   I’m in for 100, do we have 6 more investors?

And an A&P with IA?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember flying into Sedona, and seeing the Santini Air helicopter and the 222 sitting on the tarmac. They were filming in monument valley and came to get a burger at Stretch's (used to be the restaurant at the airport). It was all the actual pilots and none of the actors.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#19]
File A56-7W will tell you everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love how in the 80's, ANY problem could be solved by a stolen helicopter with chain guns, a stuntman with a truck, a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, or a 1982 Trans AM with a robot voice.

Muuuuricaaaa!!!!!
View Quote

For the record, the helicopter doesn't have to have chainguns:

Or be stolen:

Also, the car doesn't have to be a Trans Am or have a robot voice:
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know, but I do know that Moffett stole it!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Airwolf was built by Yo-yo dyne propulsion systems
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Thinking about trying to incorporate one of those Knight Rider LED lights into the front of my 82 C10 somehow...
But only if I can make it play that sound it makes when you hear it scanning or whatever its doing...

I'd like it to not be visible when off, but then obviously visible/audible when on...
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unwatchable.

At age 14 I was throwing up my hands asking “Where is the maintenance crew keeping this thing up? Where does the fuel come from? How are they getting parts?”

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThisDidntHappen-737.gif

I grew up in an engineering and aviation family.  My father instilled a low tolerance for BS like Airwolf and McGyver. Couldn’t stand shows like that. Insult to intelligence. I did allow myself to enjoy Iron Eagle to my father’s disappointment but a kid will tolerate a lot of cognitive dissonance to imagine himself piloting an F16.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Unwatchable.

At age 14 I was throwing up my hands asking "Where is the maintenance crew keeping this thing up? Where does the fuel come from? How are they getting parts?"

View Quote
At 14, my son was watching them (downloaded to my Kodi) and loved them so much he later decided to go in to rotor aviation at Ft. Rucker.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought it was Sinjin.

I have the boxed set. I don’t really watch the fourth season. I think they bumped JMV out and continued with the series because the studio needed the additional episodes for syndication.

JMV was the highest paid actor in television for Airwolf. I don’t think his salary was topped until later seasons of Seinfeld or Friends. Can’t remember if it was Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis Dreyfus or Jennifer Anniston that topped his Airwolf salary. He pissed it all away on the bottle.

It’s also amazing considering Airwolf ran concurrent with iconic series like Magnum PI and others, and JMV made more than Tom Selleck per episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secret dark American agency built it, Stringfellow stole it.

“The Firm” built it. The designer Moffitt stole it and brought it to Libya. Stringfellow recovered it, but withheld it as leverage so the CIA would use its assets to locate Stringfellow’s MIA brother. Archangel allowed them to keep Airwolf so long as Stringfellow and Santini flew missions for the Firm.

The fourth season has Stingfellow’s long lost brother take over since Jan Michael Vincent was too much of a drunk liability to continue on as Stringfellow. IIRC that’s how it went down.

You seem to be "in the know", maybe you can explain something to me- Stringfellow's brother was referred to as "Sinjin" the whole time, but I remember finding out it was spelled "St. John" or "Saint John" and was confused in like 4 different ways. WTF was that? How is that a first name, and how is it pronounced Sinjin for multiple seasons?

I thought it was Sinjin.

I have the boxed set. I don’t really watch the fourth season. I think they bumped JMV out and continued with the series because the studio needed the additional episodes for syndication.

JMV was the highest paid actor in television for Airwolf. I don’t think his salary was topped until later seasons of Seinfeld or Friends. Can’t remember if it was Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis Dreyfus or Jennifer Anniston that topped his Airwolf salary. He pissed it all away on the bottle.

It’s also amazing considering Airwolf ran concurrent with iconic series like Magnum PI and others, and JMV made more than Tom Selleck per episode.

His name was St. John, which is pronounced as Sinjin in Limey speak.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Murphy took the helicopter without authorization. And took out two Jet Rangers for good measure.
Blue Thunder - helicopter chase

Good thing he dint sign for it though.
Considering the train and all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

“The Firm” built it. The designer Moffitt stole it and brought it to Libya. Stringfellow recovered it, but withheld it as leverage so the CIA would use its assets to locate Stringfellow’s MIA brother. Archangel allowed them to keep Airwolf so long as Stringfellow and Santini flew missions for the Firm.

The fourth season has Stingfellow’s long lost brother take over since Jan Michael Vincent was too much of a drunk liability to continue on as Stringfellow. IIRC that’s how it went down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Secret dark American agency built it, Stringfellow stole it.

The fourth season is a myth. The series ended when Stringfellow's brother snuck him out of the hospital and took him on one last flight before he died.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Murphy took the helicopter without authorization. And took out two Jet Rangers for good measure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CY5Rp0dQ1A
Good thing he dint sign for it though.
Considering the train and all.
View Quote

That thing was nose-heavier than the Ayatollah.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Unwatchable.

At age 14 I was throwing up my hands asking "Where is the maintenance crew keeping this thing up? Where does the fuel come from? How are they getting parts?"

View Quote

There were episodes showing them driving into the hide and unloading stuff for the helo from their jeeps.  Fuel tanks, generator, pumps, lights, etc... all could be driven to the hide.  Of course the traffic in and out would have been visible to satellite surveillance even back then.

Santini and Stringfellow both wrenched on helos.  Also, when stuff needed work they couldn't do, it was done elsewhere.

The Firm kept them supplied as long as they flew missions for The Firm.

It's a fictional TV show, suspension of disbelief is kinda a prerequisite.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The fourth season is a myth. The series ended when Stringfellow's brother snuck him out of the hospital and took him on one last flight before he died.
View Quote

Yup.  Doesn't exist.  It sucked so bad it erased itself from the multiverse.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup.  Doesn't exist.  It sucked so bad it erased itself from the multiverse.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There were episodes showing them driving into the hide lair and unloading stuff for the helo from their jeeps.  Fuel tanks, generator, pumps, lights, etc... all could be driven to the hide lair. Of course the traffic in and out would have been visible to satellite surveillance even back then.

Santini and Stringfellow both wrenched on helos.  Also, when stuff needed work they couldn't do, it was done elsewhere.

View Quote
Fixed. Come on, man.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I just rewatched all three seasons. Gotta say Sweet Britches is my favorite episode.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fixed. Come on, man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were episodes showing them driving into the hide lair and unloading stuff for the helo from their jeeps.  Fuel tanks, generator, pumps, lights, etc... all could be driven to the hide lair. Of course the traffic in and out would have been visible to satellite surveillance even back then.

Fixed. Come on, man.

I don't know, it's missing the evilness I normally associate with a lair.

But wait - how about a Mirror Universe version of Airwolf?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I watched a interview on YouTube with someone associated with Airwolf's  production. He said the FAA had to sign off on all the modification to fuselage. He said the pilots swore the Bell flew better with the cosmetic modifications.

The actual Bell was sold after the show ended and became an air ambulance in Germany. It crashed killing all on board.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't know, it's missing the evilness I normally associate with a lair.

But wait - how about a Mirror Universe version of Airwolf?  
View Quote
Catlin in a midriff baring flight suit? I'm down.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I watched a interview on YouTube with someone associated with Airwolf's  production. He said the FAA had to sign off on all the modification to fuselage. He said the pilots swore the Bell flew better with the cosmetic modifications.

The actual Bell was sold after the show ended and became an air ambulance in Germany. It crashed killing all on board.
View Quote
There's a member here who should have been on that flight, if I remember correctly from another Airwolf thread.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck yes. Chills every time.

I think I'm one of the only 100 people that loved that show. Wish it had more than one season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Fuck yes. Chills every time.

I think I'm one of the only 100 people that loved that show. Wish it had more than one season.

And it was miles better than "Blue Thunder".
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That still greatest intro song.  Awesome show
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Muuuuricaaaa!!!!!
View Quote

And without a single casualty.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Needed a crossover with Greatest American Hero

Imagine if we had an Avengers level team up movie in the 80s.

All the pissant TV shows coming together to defeat some Thanos level threat.

A-Team, Knight Rider, Greatest American Hero with some AirWolf.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top