Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2023 10:40:13 AM EDT
For a JK Jeep Wrangler two door for under $2,000 dollars?
I’m looking at the Sky Jacker non adjustable and the Rancho adjustable arm kit. The sky jacker is 2 1/2” and the Rancho is 4”. I’m pulling a small over land trailer and on occasion I’m rubbing my back tires. The tongue weight a little over 100 pounds. I’m currently running a 1 1/2” Rubicon level kit with Rancho 9000 shocks. The highway ride is great. But off road is floaty or too rough it  bottom’s out if I dial it down. I have a 12’ tandem trailer that I pull my four wheeler with and I don’t have the rubbing issue. And it has a heavier tongue weight.

So which lift under 4 1/2” is best suited for towing? I know the ole man emu people will show up. But a control arm lift from him break the bank. And the spring lift from him rides so much worse on my buddy’s two door JK that I literally hate riding in that Jeep. Now the same basic Emu lift in my neighbors four door jk rides pretty good with cheap shocks.

My wife has a five inch Rough Country lift under her Ford Ranger and it rides better than the FX4 package the Ranger came with. But everyone seems to dislike Rough Country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top