Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Predator camo is best jungle camo
View Quote

True. You NEVER see anyone in the woods dressed like a priest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My work bag is MC Tropic

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Predator camo is best jungle camo

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I don't think people in the west understand how green it is in the middle and the east parts of the country.  Here in Pa Woodland has always been the best.  We have super dense and dark areas and some more open big timber areas with lots of shadows.  Multicam Tropic is basically a tighter version of Woodland with a little more green.
View Quote

People who grew up west of the Cascades understand.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

People who grew up west of the Cascades understand.
View Quote

Hell yeah.  That’s why I’m switching over to MCT.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Because a lot of you by camo based on crazy “what if” scenarios where as most civilian use it just for hunting.  In western NC where I am, bow season for deer starts in sept, and it’s still pretty warm and green, but in the woods under tree growth there isn’t much vegetation to blend in with so it’s mostly browns and grays with little green.  Even less so towards the end of the season.

Mossy oaks seems to blend better if you’re upright.  RealTree seems like it has too much brown and you’d need to be laying in some leaves for it to blend better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I still like the old German 44 pea dot camo for around our oaks and mesquites. Gets hot though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Shit, around here I stack camo patterns. Kryptek mandrake pants and shirt, multicam gloves, snake skin camo gaiter, M82 woodland booney hat. No real reason why.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Navy has a desert and woodland camo. The desert is nearly identical to the USMC, and their woodlands are Uber bright, supposedly designed for tropic regions (ie, IndoPacom).  The USMC woodland is a bit dark for there and likely reflects the "cold war in Europe" mentality- which makes sense given when they were introduced.
View Quote

Yeah for sure the navy has the different aor patterns. Whether they issue the appropriate pattern for the environment is yet to be seen. The Marine Corps issues both patterns at initial issue and maintains stocks of UIF gear (frog gear) in the appropriate pattern for each cocom. The navy issues only aor2 (the light green pattern) only. The only time I’ve seen aor1 being used was by nsw.

The other branches need to come to terms that one pattern doesn’t fit all scenarios. There should, at the very least, be a desert multicam uniform adopted.

Like I said, the marpat suite of patterns is an 80% solution for any environment. Sure woodland marpat may be too dark at times but it still works good enough.

Multicam is better than marpat but not when only one pattern is available.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The Marines vanity camo project has cost us at least hundreds of millions of dollars, by starting an inter service war of gucciflage waste. Coyote being a universal equipment color was the only real improvement.

Plus great camo only really matters to Infantry and SF.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a set of Crye top and bottom in MC Tropic.

It's a little too green/dark most of the year here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Plate carrier in MC tropic.

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I live in the Appalachias, so eastern Woodland. I think the tropic would work in the summer very well. But I think regular multicam would work in all four seasons a bit better.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah for sure the navy has the different aor patterns. Whether they issue the appropriate pattern for the environment is yet to be seen. The Marine Corps issues both patterns at initial issue and maintains stocks of UIF gear (frog gear) in the appropriate pattern for each cocom. The navy issues only aor2 (the light green pattern) only. The only time I’ve seen aor1 being used was by nsw.

The other branches need to come to terms that one pattern doesn’t fit all scenarios. There should, at the very least, be a desert multicam uniform adopted.

Like I said, the marpat suite of patterns is an 80% solution for any environment. Sure woodland marpat may be too dark at times but it still works good enough.

Multicam is better than marpat but not when only one pattern is available.
View Quote

Last I heard, AOR1 was for Seabees and NSW only.  

Sailors are still in the 3-color desert cammies, I think.  Or in the camo of the unit they're attached to.

Not disagreeing about MARPAT, it's a good concept that probably should have been taken by the DoD.  All 3 patterns work well, though I'd argue we could consider a tropical pattern in addition to the woodland.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top