Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can one buy said kangaroo?  I want to try them in tacos.

Govt serves a useful purpose in this case.  Otherwise there would be thousands of small businesses facing lawsuits from jackasses.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember when it was just blind people with animals?

This kind of program is a modern sham.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
" ............ says she left the store voluntarily after a customer called police to complain."

Who the fuck would call the police?

I can see if it kicked you in the 'nads or something, but otherwise it would be pretty fuckin cool to go to Micky D's and see a kangaroo.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will fight this all the way up to a kangaroo court.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Amazingly, it wasn't in Florida. I am thinking kangaroos do not like Wisconsin winters.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Service sloths are getting pretty popular among certain crowds...

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Take this guy and see if they can throw him out:

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Good, I am tired of the libtarded idiocy!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
So many "service animal" fakers out there. It's despicable. If you run a business ALWAYS train your employees to ask the magic questions:

-Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?
-What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

Sure, you'll get liars, but it weeds out a lot of the bullshitters too.

Also know that you can toss people who don't appear to have their animals under control or if they start pissing or pooping.

Don't give in to the neurotic people who just feel like their dogs need to be with them at all times.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"Abused"?  "Allowed"?

Please tell me, how much more government do we need?   Why isn't it up to an individual business owner whether he allows animals?

Ever been to Europe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole service animal program is horribly abused by people who just want to take their pets places that they aren't normally allowed.

I know someone who's horribly behaved little shit dog is a "service animal" so that her apartment building can't charge her for him.

"Abused"?  "Allowed"?

Please tell me, how much more government do we need?   Why isn't it up to an individual business owner whether he allows animals?

Ever been to Europe?

"Service animals" are used to subvert the desires of the individual business owner. That's my point.

And yes, I've been to several countries in Europe. They are not exactly the model for how I would want a society to run.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So many "service animal" fakers out there. It's despicable. If you run a business ALWAYS train your employees to ask the magic questions:

Also know that you can toss people who don't appear to have their animals under control or if they start pissing or pooping.

Don't give in to the neurotic people who just feel like their dogs need to be with them at all times.
View Quote

Business owners are, rightfully, afraid of an ADA lawsuit if they question a "service animal"
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#15]
good,  I'm sick of everyone dragging their damn pets in everywhere people are trying to eat.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I was once on an overnight in SFO and saw a rather unique looking village people type dude with a service gerbil
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]
What would be very useful as a service animal would be some type of ape. Too bad they are all self centered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

good,  I'm sick of everyone dragging their damn pets in everywhere people are trying to eat.

View Quote
No shit. I don't care if they are better behaved than some people's kids, they still aren't a person (and I'd want the manager to kick out misbehaving kids anyway).

Frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if the need to bring a PET everywhere with you shouldn't be considered a mental illness.

ETA: Most of the legitimate service animals I've seen were all very well behaved.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Spy cam bathroom
Pics
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

All this 'service' animal shit is out of fucking control.

I have a large 5br house with a big daylite basement downstairs ( approx. 1100sf of space - including 2 br's and a full bath and large rec room set up like a living room: TV couches etc )

I rent out the 2 rooms downstairs to young girls and it pays my mtg payment for me

Anyway ... when I need to replace a chick I have to deal with this BS. My house is a NO PETS house. no cats no dogs no little birds or fucking gerbils or any other critters. Plainly states such in the ads I place to fill a roomie spot so I keep 2 girls down there.

You wouldn't believe the fucking drama I deal with over every Paris Hilton wanna-be slut in town with a 3lb fucking dog claiming its a damn service animal and is 'special' ... Give me a fucking break already - NO PETS = NO FUCKING PETS. I don't care if its a god damn cricket you keep in a bomb proof aquarium.

Just thought I would vent alittle ... thanks for being there for me like always ARF.com

Spy cam bathroom
Pics
FIFY

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Business owners are, rightfully, afraid of an ADA lawsuit if they question a "service animal"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those 2 questions are legally supported by the ADA and will out some of the fakers. People need to have nuts and ask them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I took my therapy gator to Steak & Shake, people were totally cool with it. Oh, don't mind my pink shorts, I was going through a Wham, the early albums phase.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Does kangaroo taste like venison or beef?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Does kangaroo taste like venison or beef?
View Quote

Paging Skankwhisper

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#24]
This sounds like a job for:

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

This was my first thought.

Why can't she have a SEC like everyone else?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They get one, why can't I???  

I want a service Emperor Tamarin.  I would name it Kaiser Soze.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2093qzd.jpg
View Quote

Pai Mei LIVES!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Really, the title of the thread needs to be edited to "Woman with pet kangaroo left McDonald's after cops called on her".
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They get one, why can't I???  

I want a service Emperor Tamarin.  I would name it Kaiser Soze.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2093qzd.jpg
View Quote

he just needs a big hat and a guitar.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#29]
who did the kicking? hopefully not the kangaroo
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Problem is, everything is allowed.  As long as YOU say.......

"It Helps Me"

I'd say that the Medical Profession needs their head(s) examined.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yup

I have a large 5br house with a big daylite basement downstairs ( approx. 1100sf of space - including 2 br's and a full bath and large rec room set up like a living room: TV couches etc )

I rent out the 2 rooms downstairs to young girls and it pays my mtg payment for me

Anyway ... when I need to replace a chick I have to deal with this BS. My house is a NO PETS house. no cats no dogs no little birds or fucking gerbils or any other critters. Plainly states such in the ads I place to fill a roomie spot so I keep 2 girls down there.

You wouldn't believe the fucking drama I deal with over every Paris Hilton wanna-be slut in town with a 3lb fucking dog claiming its a damn service animal and is 'special' ... Give me a fucking break already - NO PETS = NO FUCKING PETS. I don't care if its a god damn cricket you keep in a bomb proof aquarium.

Just thought I would vent alittle ... thanks for being there for me like always ARF.com

View Quote

Be careful how you 'couch it'.

I have always had a clearly posted "no pets" policy at my establishment. Do I still have to allow service animals in?

A: Yes. A service animal is not a pet. The ADA requires you to modify your "no pets" policy to allow the use of a service animal by a person with a disability. This does not mean you must abandon your "no pets" policy altogether but simply that you must make an exception to your general rule for service animals.

Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person  with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person  with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or  performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets.  The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly  related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.

This definition does  not affect or limit the broader definition of "assistance animal” under  the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of "service animal” under  the Air Carrier Access Act.

Some State and local  laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does.  Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney  general’s office.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Take this guy and see if they can throw him out:

http://i.imgur.com/6xvMX88.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEzehydCAAArlrN.jpg
View Quote

Is someone juicing that kangaroo?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#35]
in the past year I have started seeing a lot more people with "service" dogs on the metro around DC. Considering how some of them are acting, the breeds used, and the way in which the owners carry themselves, I think this emotional support bullshit is getting grossly exploited
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I prefer wallabies.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pics
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup

Pics

Pics schmics.

Link to the hidden camera footage.
Arfcommer+ basement+ 2 female tenants = Shenanigans
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go there, and I'm gonna bring my service diamondback rattlesnake in protest...
View Quote

How do you keep the "Service Animal" vest on him?

I'm having a hell of a time with my service cobra.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Teach that sumbitch to box and go trolling for your own knockout games in the ghetto.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Amateurs.

Service hyena or baboon FTW!

http://i.imgur.com/cbaZuZM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gtT56ll.png
View Quote

thank you..

you posted exactly what I wanted and saved me much searching.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I stutter so I think I will get a service tiger.......when someone makes fun of how I talk it rips their throat out and eats them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have always had a clearly posted "no pets" policy at my establishment. Do I still have to allow service animals in?
A: Yes. A service animal is not a pet. The ADA requires you to modify your "no pets" policy to allow the use of a service animal by a person with a disability. This does not mean you must abandon your "no pets" policy altogether but simply that you must make an exception to your general rule for service animals.
Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person  with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person  with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or  performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets.  The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly  related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.

This definition does  not affect or limit the broader definition of "assistance animal” under  the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of "service animal” under  the Air Carrier Access Act.

Some State and local  laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does.  Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney  general’s office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup

I hear ya and I definitely appreciate the info.

But I am renting out rooms in my house ( I am not an apt complex )

Hell when I run the ad it is worded exactly like this on one of the lines: No smoking no pets no drugs no kids no sec 8 no drama etc ...

I shit you not. When I am 'interviewing' to fill one of the rooms of course I am looking for the sexiest / hottest 18-25yo chick that comes along. Who: has a car - has a job and agrees to the no guys visit rule. They can invite over all the girlfriends they want ... just no guys.

Works like a charm

I learned a few roomies ago to not have sex with them as they begin to look at it like trading ass for rent $$ - which is a no go. So I only mess around with their friends and not them.

Its a complete and separate part of my house and I have 2000sf upstairs all to myself to roam. They use the kitchen and laundry upstairs and sometimes chill out with me and watch a Netflix movie or something.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I know the kangaroo lady!  Well, I know who she is; ex-wife of a friends ex-husband.  Yeah; seriously strange stuff with that group.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like they don't serve KANGAROO at that branch.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I stutter so I think I will get a service tiger.......when someone makes fun of how I talk it rips their throat out and eats them.
View Quote

I agree agree agree with with this..........................
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Service hyena FTW  

although a Kangaroo could carry reloads in its pouch

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I know the kangaroo lady!  Well, I know who she is; ex-wife of a friends ex-husband.  Yeah; seriously strange stuff with that group.
View Quote

Ok, some news article about a lady with a kangaroo, and you think you know the lady with the kangaroo?  I'm sure there are innumerable deranged women with kangaroos in small town Wisconsin.  How can you be so sure we are talking about Jimmy the Kangaroo?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What would be very useful as a service animal would be some type of ape. Too bad they are all self centered.
View Quote

When I was growing up (yes, in WI and not far from the story in the OP ) a couple (no kids) in town volunteered to train a service monkey.  They had him for about 2 years and taught him how to help with things around the house, call 911 if needed etc in order to help with his future special needs person.  They took him everywhere with them, grocery shopping, work (she worked at the local paper), they volunteered a lot for the high school music dep so the monkey was always around etc.  They also did school assemblies for the elementary schools.  He was at all of the local events, parades, 4th fireworks, stuff like that.  Everyone knew the monkey, they did a great job raising him and no one minded.  

I always thought that was pretty cool.  A monkey can do far more for a person than a dog can (when the person needs some help getting stuff done around the house).  

Sadly, shortly after they sent him to his new home he got some sort of terminal illness.  So, the couple that raised him took him back and kept him for the couple of months before he passed away.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top