Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Page two says no.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool. Quick question, was the rifle already black before you painted it? I might do the same look on mine but in green. I think I will just leave it black and add green stripes. Any reason to paint it al a new color   first then go back to black stripes? Serious question. Looking at doing this but will be practicing on some 2x4's first
View Quote
Yeah it was black.

I've done a few other rifles starting in 1999 with a bolt action 223 used for coyote huntimg in desert, and 2004 on an airgun,  and 2008 on a 6.8 spc ar15 I have taken hunting in field hiking through woods.

It's held up pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not a Sig p320 thread.

Rate my krylon camo job.

http://imgur.com/a/kANYL

I wanted bigger lines on this to break the silhouette from afar. Usually the camo jobs I see up close look nice, but from afar, they just look like dark blobs.
View Quote

So good I can't see it.  Showed up in the quote. Looks good. Taylor Swift approves.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Have painted other things with more green and usimg leaves off of trees just loosely held over object with a quick spurt of paint. But for this gun just wanted something with "bigger pattern" that wasn't a blob at distance
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the rifle I painted around 2008. Been on a couple hiking hunts, some trips to desert to shoot. Rsnge trips etc. Never babied.  It scratches and wears, but I don't care.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok...that was funny
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Bigfoot will never see you coming.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the rifle I painted around 2008. Been on a couple hiking hunts, some trips to desert to shoot. Rsnge trips etc. Never babied.  It scratches and wears, but I don't care.

http://i.imgur.com/nM6ULGL.jpg
View Quote
I like the job you did on this rifle much more than the OP rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like the job you did on this rifle much more than the OP rifle.
View Quote
I agree from uo close it looks cooler. But the OP rifle will be effective from distanxe, hunting animals.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just like Taylor's ass.... i dont see shit...

Cuz it aint there!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Colors may not work well, but it is a picture, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Put that pattern against a vertical backdrop, like a bush without leaves, and it will blend in if your colors are good. It would also work very well in a desert environment as I can see it.
Cammo is a funny thing. The stuff that people think will hide you, actually turns you into a big brown or green blob against a tree.

As for Taylor Swift? I don't really care what she likes or doesn't like. Entitled piece of work.

I like it.
View Quote
Funny how camo works. Everybody makes fun of the Jigsaw's yellows and reds, but it's really quite effective when it's out in the woods

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/a8woR4d.jpg

Should I add some thin green lines? I don't want it to become too busy to the point it's hits a blob from distance.

Somebody Photoshop some green into it
View Quote
Dust it from the top with some darker earth tones.  

If you look at nature's camouflage in animals, they are usually darker on top and lighter on the bottom.  This tricks the eye
as normally things are illuminated from the sun on top and in shade on the bottom (like a fallen log for instance), so it doesn't
even register when looking at it
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Funny how camo works. Everybody makes fun of the Jigsaw's yellows and reds, but it's really quite effective when it's out in the woods

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/2-a-paratrooper-of-the-belgian-army-luc-de-jaeger.jpg
View Quote
Why he has bfa in muzzle and real boolits
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/2-a-paratrooper-of-the-belgian-army-luc-de-jaeger.jpg
View Quote
Does that guy have live ammo loaded with a blank adapter on his muzzle? 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
not my style.

if you like it,then cool.

i doubt Tay will have sex with you, because of it tho.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Closest thing you can get to predators camo....
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Does that guy have live ammo loaded with a blank adapter on his muzzle?
Not live ammo. Blanks with green lacquer on the tip as seal against moisture.

They come in all colors, blue, green, red, yellow, white, purple, orange,...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Tay Tay. I love you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top