BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Has the world ever shown this much evil and depravity as it does today?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven’t wars and rumors of wars been pretty much everyday in the world’s history?

Has the world ever shown this much evil and depravity as it does today?

Historically it's always been worse, much worse.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for others to hopefully profit from this
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.  Like that time every major power in Europe went to war for years and millions died.

Back in the 1600s.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The god of this world is sowing dissent and evil on a global scale. Men's hearts are full of wickedness.

What we see everyday is a result of sin.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]

You might have drawn a different insight (given the diagrams of the known universe that you posted) about the immensity of the mind and the hand of God, which towers so far above out own local sense of scale and proportion and interconnectedness.  

But (apparently) you were too fixated on your masturbation habit to notice any of that.

The French philosopher, mathematician, physicist, inventor, writer, and Catholic theologian Blaise Pascal did something similar in Pensees.  But of course he didn't bring jerking off into it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
There's been how many wars since this was written?

What makes this one so different?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Historically it's always been worse, much worse.

View Quote

Historically it's gotten better.... if we have WW3 it would be, could be worse.

But nothing has been worse since WW2 and we've had Vietnam, the Korean war, Persian Gulf war, Iran Iraq war, and the invasion of Iraq after 9/11. So historically since WW2 over 60 years ago, wars haven't gotten any worse.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're not getting it. The Sunday gathering together to worship the Lord has nothing to do with the Sabbath of the law. It's the day Jesus rose and the day the Holy Spirit fell on the apostles at Pentecost. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Jewish Sabbath even if some Christians erroneously conflate the two and make Sunday a day of rest. Further there is no command for the Christian to meet on a certain day of the week. I'm probably the most Anti-Catholic guy on the forum and I don't believe or have ever heard a Catholic claim they have the authority to change the Sabbath. Maybe one can chime in. @abnk

Again Christians aren't under the law we're under grace. We are made dead to the law by baptism into Christ's death. Guess what you and nobody else has ever kept the Sabbath. Why? Because if you offend in one area of the law you offend in all according to the scripture. So if you've kept it perfectly but lied it's like you never kept it to begin with.

View Quote
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I missed something. I'm not anti Catholic. They have many things right. I'm pro truth. The 4th starts with the word remember to keep the sabbath day holy. I kind of think that is a command from God. God's law supercedes all else. Nobody can keep it perfectly, so grace and Jesus' death covers us. Which law under the new covenant is written on our hearts; the same old ten commandments Jesus summarized as the great two commandments. What was nailed to the cross were all the stuff Moses came up with that was specifically for the Jews and written on paper.  ymmv
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The god of this world is sowing dissent and evil on a global scale. Men's hearts are full of wickedness.

View Quote
The only problem you have, is the ability to demonstrate your god exists.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There will come a moment when your "problem" of what needs to be proved to you will evaporate.

The solution is time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't need to. He already has that covered.  

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. -Proverbs 21:2

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. - Jesus

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - Jesus
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't need to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need to.
Nobody can

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nobody can

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need to.
Nobody can

Time can.  And will.  

This is not an abstract exercise.  This is about the fundamental nature of Reality.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Time can.  And will.  

This is not an abstract exercise.  This is about the fundamental nature of Reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need to.
Nobody can

Time can.  And will.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are the other nine just for the Jews too? God gave the ten commandments, and only God can change them. I've looked for an actual command from either God or Jesus that says it changed to Sunday but can't find it. ;)  edit to say. I know the largest Christian church in the world is proud to say they did it. ymmv  and that folks, is the Mark of the Beast.  Sorry, I had to say it.....ymvv
View Quote

And the Seventh Day Adventist take the field.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hell, most of the past 500+ years of Western civilization has been a period of massive conflict.

The last part of the 20th Century  and first 2 decades of the 21st have actually been the most peaceful time in recorded European history.

War, famine, and plagues have killed most of the humans in history.

We've had the fortune to live in the Golden Age of America. Some might argue that was actually before our time... but whatever.  

We're all fat, happy, and mostly able to procure whatever the hell we want.    And most of us die due to being fat or just plain old age.

Go ask a poor African tribesmen if things are going to shit. Hell no, things have always been shit for them.

View Quote

Well the Poor African Tribesmen have had the same time as everyone else to make things better and they had a vast land of natural resources to help accomplish the task, yet they like things the way they are and did not try to change their situation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Not yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
OP, Thank you for this! I shared Matthew on my Facebook and that last verse really reminded me that I need to get off my keister and start doing work. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the other nine just for the Jews too? God gave the ten commandments, and only God can change them. I've looked for an actual command from either God or Jesus that says it changed to Sunday but can't find it. ;)  edit to say. I know the largest Christian church in the world is proud to say they did it. ymmv  and that folks, is the Mark of the Beast.  Sorry, I had to say it.....ymvv

Always found this interesting: values are based on Roman numerals & combined with the use of Latin letters as numbers.

Other interpretations hold that some manuscripts of the book of Rev hold the value to be 616, & hold that the Roman emperor Nero = 616 (Also known as Neron = 666). So, go figure.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. -Proverbs 21:2

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. - Jesus

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - Jesus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They certainly got the sheep part right...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You can't become religious or a believer now.

It is too late.
View Quote

As long as you have breath you can be saved - It’s only to late when that breath leaves your body and you step into eternity.

The Bible tells us “Now is the accepted time, behold now is the day of salvation”

2Cor.6
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Our pastor preached on this last Sunday.  That is far outside the norm for our church.  We are usually focused on reaching the community with the gospel, bringing people into a deeper relationship with Christ, etc.

Interesting times indeed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Mods watching this thread.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Too bad Rapture is not in the Bible. It was a myth created in the 1830's.
View Quote
If "caught up in the air" is not the rapture, I don't know what is.

Please stop repeating foolishness.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#25]
The lists 40 things that need to occur before hte return of Christ.  IIRC at any given time, 30 of those exist.  However right now we are very close to a couple of key items and prophecy.  

1.  The Gospel must be preached to every tribe and nation.  The tech exists now to do it and those who do bible translations are getting down to the very small tribes and groups.

2.  Mark of the Beast to do business.  What if the govt. decides to go all crypto and eliminates cash?  Add in some type of vax passport to travel and we are there.

Believers and non believers need to remember that God works on long time scale.  Not all this stuff happens in a month or year long time span.

Interesting times indeed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

See, there's one of them now.

If you post a religious thread in GD, it will get "shit in" by people who find the topic ridiculous.  That's why you were given your own safe space that you don't use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's almost like the book was written specifically to provide comfort in troubling times because "yay, we are all going to heaven soon!"

This is the first time in the history of humanity where stuff happened that seemed like it matched a vague prophecy about the end of the world.  The FIRST TIME.

In before whining about "attacks" against a topic that should have been in the forum specifically designed to be a safe space for the subject matter.

Or, you know, you could have passed by the thread ignoring it rather than coming in to shit on it.

See, there's one of them now.

If you post a religious thread in GD, it will get "shit in" by people who find the topic ridiculous.  That's why you were given your own safe space that you don't use.
Kinda like a Glock thread?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The whole, wars and rumors of wars. When, in recorded human history, has there not been wars, and rumors of wars, somewhere?
View Quote

When humans get bored they decide to go start some shit, maybe for profit, maybe just for fun. War is the standard state of humanity.

Jesus is going to be dissapoint when he raptures up his church and meets a bunch of fags and trannies in the air.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Wars and rumors of wars....

Have you been to the 20th century?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Every conflict. Every disaster. Every sickness. People point and say Jesus is coming back.

Well the same Bible says not to worry about it and that you will not know when the master of the house is coming back.

So, what is the goddamn point of trying to line up events and pinpoint when JC is coming back? 87,556,223 years from now you can be chilling with JC playing poker and say, "dude, remember when I totally predicted you coming back?" and he gives you a high five?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I think it’s remained fairly civil for a religious thread in GD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That would be people that didn't know Jesus said the Gospel will be preached to all the world, and then the end WILL come. With the tech today, I think we have the earth pretty much covered on that prophecy. ymmv
View Quote

Didn't Paul say he preached the gospel to every creature?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Always found this interesting: values are based on Roman numerals & combined with the use of Latin letters as numbers.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx_2k4_GBPyxg-QZfd2XQCR_ucj2Xh4M8XSQ&s

Other interpretations hold that some manuscripts of the book of Rev hold the value to be 616, & hold that the Roman emperor Nero = 616 (Also known as Neron = 666). So, go figure.
View Quote

The one thing that gives me pause to hop on the Pope is the Antichrist/beast and Rome/Catholicism is the whore, mystery Babylon, train is this.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

If the Pope is the beast. Why is he okay with the ten horns/kings destroying Rome, the base of the Popes operation and religion? Further, why would these ten kings hate Catholicism/Rome so much that they destroy it and then give their power to its head, the Pope/beast/Antichrist?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#33]
That is some scary stuff. I don't want to be found to be the evil servant.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I missed something. I'm not anti Catholic. They have many things right. I'm pro truth. The 4th starts with the word remember to keep the sabbath day holy. I kind of think that is a command from God. God's law supercedes all else. Nobody can keep it perfectly, so grace and Jesus' death covers us. Which law under the new covenant is written on our hearts; the same old ten commandments Jesus summarized as the great two commandments. What was nailed to the cross were all the stuff Moses came up with that was specifically for the Jews and written on paper.  ymmv
View Quote

There is scriptural context for Christians meeting on Sunday/first day of the week

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

As to the law written on our hearts. Let’s look at some scripture.

Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now let’s look at what Paul says about it.

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Deuteronomy 4:13
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Romans 7:6
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The words of Jesus.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Now let’s look at the ark of the covenant/ testimony

21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

This is a foreshadowing of Jesus. I’ll explain.

On the day of atonement the priest  put the blood on the mercy seat. The mercy seat sits on top of the ark which contains the 10 commandments and the law. God meets above the mercy seat. When the blood is on the mercy seat and God looks down at the law, the blood covers the law.

Now, the law is covered by the blood of Christ. When God looks down at those who are covered by the blood he doesn’t see the law of sin and death. He sees the blood of Christ. Where there is no law, sin is not imputed.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Please read these verses and ponder on what is being said.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a member but used to be. Many of the Reformers thought the same way. ymmv I listen to all sides and pick the one most likely to be true and it has to make sense to me with what it says in the Bible. An in depth study will get most to agree with my comment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad Rapture is not in the Bible. It was a myth created in the 1830's.

It's when we are raptured that is in dispute.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is scriptural context for Christians meeting on Sunday/first day of the week

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

As to the law written on our hearts. Let's look at some scripture.

Ezekiel 11:19
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now let's look at what Paul says about it.

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Deuteronomy 4:13
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Romans 7:6
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

The words of Jesus.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Now let's look at the ark of the covenant/ testimony

21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

This is a foreshadowing of Jesus. I'll explain.

On the day of atonement the priest  put the blood on the mercy seat. The mercy seat sits on top of the ark which contains the 10 commandments and the law. God meets above the mercy seat. When the blood is on the mercy seat and God looks down at the law, the blood covers the law.

Now, the law is covered by the blood of Christ. When God looks down at those who are covered by the blood he doesn't see the law of sin and death. He sees the blood of Christ. Where there is no law, sin is not imputed.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Please read these verses and ponder on what is being said.
View Quote
Heard it a million times. There is no command from God to change the Sabbath to the first day. It's man that did that. Well intentioned but that dog don't hunt with God. ymmv
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#38]
There is no dispute that the RRC was founded on a compromise between Christians and Paganism. If anybody took time to read the article I found on Google regarding the Sabbath (it came up first) it will give some comments from a variety of faiths regarding the subject; by people in their own faith. The fact is, the Protestants with out thinking it through, went along with a change of the day to a pagan worship of the sun god day. Most of us don't know why we do things. It's just always been that way, and if your pastor or priest and your parents and teachers etc. do it and say it's right we don't question it. I question everything because I was raised as one of the most gullible kids around. Never even crossed my mind that someone  would lie to me. The vast majority of church goers are in the same boat. Never get out of the boat, but you should check to see if your compass is working.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Heard it a million times. There is no command from God to change the Sabbath to the first day. It's man that did that. Well intentioned but that dog don't hunt with God. ymmv
View Quote

Again the day Christian churches choose to worship on has nothing to do with the Sabbath. The Sabbath will always be the Sabbath. They aren’t the same thing. Further there is no command that Christians must worship on Sunday and hold it in the same regard as the Sabbath under the mosaic law. Christians, as I’ve shown from Scripture, aren’t bound by the law and can gather together and meet on whatever day they choose. Some “denominations” such as Baptists have many churches that meet Sunday am, Sunday Pm, Weds night Bible study, Thurs night soul winning/outreach  and Saturday morning prayer breakfast.

Again as Paul said

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't know why? But I read this as Paul preached to them, ready to depart on the mower.

Pictured Paul preaching then hopping on his big zero turn and heading out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#41]
It just came to me. Christians rightly celebrate Jesus' over coming death and if he didn't his sacrifice would have been for nothing. I like your handle because we are saved by the blood and the victory over death. One of the first lesson in the Bible is the story about Cain and Able. Able followed God's wishes on his sacrifice. Cain, was well intentioned, lover God and because he could grow good produce, thought he would change God's law and bring another type of sacrifice. We all know that didn't work out, no matter how sincere Cain was. I have forgotten what the two examples you mentioned were about but I'll look them up. Most of the time in my experience, sincere Christians are cherry picking verses out of context. ymmv
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't know why? But I read this as Paul preached to them, ready to depart on the mower.

Pictured Paul preaching then hopping on his big zero turn and heading out.
View Quote
LOL. Paul preached every day when he could. Not just on Sunday or the Sabbath day. Do pastors only do God's work on Sunday?  I think they used sling blade to end his life.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#43]
It really comes down to what is the law? Whose law? The Jews law, the Gentiles law, God's law? Paul's law? The sacrificial law? The Mosaic laws? Just because we have grace doesn't remove God's law. What is the law written on our hearts vs the previous type of law? Something changed with law when Jesus died. I think that is the crux of the different views. I'm sure murder isn't okay in the new covenant.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You might have drawn a different insight (given the diagrams of the known universe that you posted) about the immensity of the mind and the hand of God, which towers so far above out own local sense of scale and proportion and interconnectedness.  

But (apparently) you were too fixated on your masturbation habit to notice any of that.

The French philosopher, mathematician, physicist, inventor, writer, and Catholic theologian Blaise Pascal did something similar in Pensees.  But of course he didn't bring jerking off into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ARFCOM geniuses are big into masturbation

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#45]
The end times began when our Lord was crucified and at pentecost when the Church was born.
2000 years plus isn’t a big number in the eyes of of the Lord nor in the span of the earth.  

It could be anytime but I do think the trmple must be rebuilt first. I’m no theologian for sure.  
Others disagree
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Troublesome times are here,
Filling men’s hearts with fear,
Freedoms we all hold dear,
Now are at stake,
Humbling your heart before God,
Saves from the chastening rod,
Seek the way Pilgrims trod,
Christian awake!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not a member but used to be. Many of the Reformers thought the same way. ymmv I listen to all sides and pick the one most likely to be true and it has to make sense to me with what it says in the Bible. An in depth study will get most to agree with my comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grew up Church of Christ and Catholics were the devil.  Have SDA in the family that don't eat meat. Now I have put all that behind me.  We are all mostly the same with the same God.  there are good and bad examples of humans in all religions. I don't mind any religion that does not try to cut my head off. I can drink Catholic Beer and eat their BBQ and not worry about going to hell and I can cook enough vegetables that I can feed SDA and eat meat even pork while they eat their veggies.  SDA leaves all their pork and shrimp and oysters along with catfish for me so i got that working for me.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top