Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2021 9:26:20 PM EDT
Nooooooooooooooope.

I’m Not even going to post a picture.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this like GOATSEE or more like Human Centipede?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this like GOATSEE or more like Human Centipede?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Spelunking is the word you were looking for OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Time for someone to post the account of that moving rock. That’s a freaky story.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Been there. Done that. Younger and dumber then
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Just did some of this last week, it was wife and sons first time...skip to 1:45 and 17:45 for the good parts

On a different note, whats with the cave threads all of a sudden?

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Return of the Mole Men?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBIJme85O4

Just did some of this last week, it was wife and sons first time...skip to 1:45 and 12:45 for the good parts

View Quote

People are nutty, buddy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]

The Arfcom approved way.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
f that shit
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]
In before upside down death trap pic
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Did it in my late 20s/early 30s. My best friend was WAY into caving so I got some gear and went with him. Went to one cave with a group and to get in the cave you had to crawl through this shaft. If was about 200 feet or so and then it just drops to a vertical shaft. There were ladders fastened to the wall and a top suspended from the top of the shaft. So you had to grab the rope and pull yourself out of the horizontal shaft and get your feet on the vertical shaft. Halfway through the cave was water. Now there were rocks to step on....if you were leading you could see the rocks. By the time I got to the rocks all I saw was muddy water everywhere. One misstep and I went in up to my chin shorting out my lights. Several bouts of cursing later I was fucking cold and a simple fact dawned on me that scared me to death. If something happened to us no one was coming to get us for a long time. See 3/4 of the group WAS the cave rescue team. So I pussed out and traded my gear to my bud for a China made AK and a shit load of mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Good trade. Screw that stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
f that shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Pretty much the nopiest nope that ever noped.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That diagram and description is not needed ever again once seen. Still gives me the willies just remembering.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just did some of this last week, it was wife and sons first time...skip to 1:45 and 17:45 for the good parts

View Quote

I'll stick to caves with clearly marked trails thank you very much, but it looks like y'all had fun
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did it in my late 20s/early 30s. My best friend was WAY into caving so I got some gear and went with him. Went to one cave with a group and to get in the cave you had to crawl through this shaft. If was about 200 feet or so and then it just drops to a vertical shaft. There were ladders fastened to the wall and a top suspended from the top of the shaft. So you had to grab the rope and pull yourself out of the horizontal shaft and get your feet on the vertical shaft. Halfway through the cave was water. Now there were rocks to step on....if you were leading you could see the rocks. By the time I got to the rocks all I saw was muddy water everywhere. One misstep and I went in up to my chin shorting out my lights. Several bouts of cursing later I was fucking cold and a simple fact dawned on me that scared me to death. If something happened to us no one was coming to get us for a long time. See 3/4 of the group WAS the cave rescue team. So I pussed out and traded my gear to my bud for a China made AK and a shit load of mags and ammo.
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: So I pussed out and traded my gear to my bud for a China made AK and a shit load of mags and ammo.
View Quote

Good trade.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I have walked where no human has before and looked at some of the most stunning features nature can make - some of which will likely never be seen by human eyes again.  Exhausted, cold, wet, and at times actually uncomfortable...   but isn't that what exploration is about?  Caves are one of the few frontiers left.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Had a good friend at work who was big into cave diving. He lost the rope at the Blue Hole caves in FL with on a dive with 2 others. He was the man in the middle. As I understood it it was his 1st dive with a propulsion unit. They were on a day 4 of a 4 day dive and wanted to go further so took some kind of propulsion. Apparently the diver in front of him made it and the one behind him made it but he had lost the rope or path and the propulsion device and his panic stirred up so much silt he never was able to regain the rope. Dive team found him next day and I had heard they were 1/2 mile back. Man what a great guy and was only 28. Damn you guys be careful in those caves.

RIP Mike!
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Nutty Putty Cave Part 3 of 5
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about the movie?
The Last Descent [FULL MOVIE]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I used to go with some friends back in the late 80’s. There are quite a few caves west of Bloomington. We’d spend several hours each Sunday exploring different ones. There were several uncomfortable crawls that we made then that you couldn’t pay me to do now. Wouldn’t trade the memories for anything though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Top fears from that
Snake, spider or scorpion pop out and get me
Earthquake or rocks shifted and trap or crush me to death.
My rope breaks and I get lost, can't turn around and get stuck.
Hesrt attack and die due to be stuck ams get perform cpr or get out of cave
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pretty much the nopiest nope that ever noped.
View Quote

I present you the coveted Arfcom Shakespeare Award for getting a point across with the least amount of words.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:00:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
f that shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:15:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I have been in a lot of caves. I used to enjoy it, but I don’t like it as much as I get older.  The worst one I was ever in was Nutty Putty which was sealed over after some poor guy got stuck upside down in a shaft and died.  They left his body there and sealed it over.  That thing scared the shit out of me.  I went through it when I was 22 and weighed about 165 lbs at 5’11”.  Some of the squeezes were so tight  we had to blow all the air out of our lungs and wriggled an inch or two at a time to get through.  I still look back on that as one of the most stupid and dangerous things I have ever done.

ETA - I just saw the video above.  That looked like the spot.  Scared the hell out of me.  Nope, never again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I have always liked going into caves, but not crawling thru them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have walked where no human has before and looked at some of the most stunning features nature can make - some of which will likely never be seen by human eyes again.  Exhausted, cold, wet, and at times actually uncomfortable...   but isn't that what exploration is about?  Caves are one of the few frontiers left.
View Quote
That's inspiring.

But I'll stick to touristy caves like Carlsbad Caverns.  Still a cave, pretty cool, but I can wilk upright for the most part and there are no spaces that I have to compress myself to fit in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#39]
fuck all that... Im extremely claustrophobic. That is my worst fear... When i was in elementary school, at recess kids would go down the slide and stop half way and clog it up, then more of the little fuckers would pile in and trap you.. It traumatized me
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Did it in college for an elective.  Wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

10% interesting.  90% excruciatingly painful.

Got stuck in a shoulder wide tunnel on the way out once.

I experienced a low-level stage of panic, which I considered posting in the
panic thread from earlier this week.

I don't feel the need to go extreme caving ever again.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Marie
View Quote

I cave dive (actually an old mine in WI), but no squeezy shit.

Friends in WI were just diving this no mount cave earlier in the week. Nope for me. Primary reason is that I won’t risk my knees on that hill. Plus the squeezy shit. My tech/cave instructor is the gal shown going in at the beginning.

No Mount Cave Diving in Wisconsin
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nooooooooooooooope.

I’m Not even going to post a picture.
View Quote

The what the fuck is the point of this thread?

Attachment Attached File

*Edit I see people bailed you out. Hell no to spelunking.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#43]
One of many places the fatties can’t access. I’m OK with this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I did Racoon Mtn, near Chattanooga, once with my son's BSA troop.  That was enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#45]
<---Checks Nope-O-Meter.

It's reading full "Nope."

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Nope

Dying like this has to be one of the worst ways to go

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#47]
This is one I don't get...I kinda do (adventure, exploration, first human to be there, etc), but the cons just seem so much greater than the pros.

I'll leave that to guys with bigger balls than I have.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I cave dive (actually an old mine in WI), but no squeezy shit.

Friends in WI were just diving this no mount cave earlier in the week. Nope for me. Primary reason is that I won't risk my knees on that hill. Plus the squeezy shit. My tech/cave instructor is the gal shown going in at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlwoX1YEmg
View Quote
Came to mention underwater "cave crawling".  Makes the dry stuff look like a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I've posted this picture before: This is my 10 year old son coming out of a 10" high, 100' long crawl through 4" of cold water.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

UFO's are coming bro.

Haven't you ever listened to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds?  They come up with a plan to live underground so the Martians cannot find them to eat them.

My son sent me a pic of him driving a brand new C8 Corvette and my claustrophobia kicked in.  No fucking way I'm trying to get my fat ass in a place like this.  Haven't lost anything down there, don't need to go looking for someone else's shit they may have lost down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top