User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
ZFG.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of statists here.

Who would have thought a beekeeper was one of them.  Oh wait.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So would courts be "essential" and if not couldn't the "guilty" simply demand a speedy trial...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ride by the guy  

get arrested   make a stand  

what  fucking jury  in their right mind would convict.  

now have everyone else do it also .

BLM  tactics    
So would courts be "essential" and if not couldn't the "guilty" simply demand a speedy trial...
Courts are not at the state level for that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Instead of turning off the A/C in the governor's mansion, which would actually save money, they close a parking lot which costs nothing sitting there, and would have probably brought in revenue if open.  Yes folks, government at work.
View Quote
Wouldn't matter, he doesn't live there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, matter of fact, they will call more in from their days off to work at time and a half; two times on the actual holiday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Less shitheads on the highways.
Oh come on, troopers aren't that bad.  
They're essential personnel.  This doesn't effect them.
Yeah, matter of fact, they will call more in from their days off to work at time and a half; two times on the actual holiday
NJSP has been on a OT crunch for years. Guys are barely making OT.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus what a bunch of fuckups in that state.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It has to cost them more money to close the park than keep it open, especially on a holiday weekend.  

But it really isn't about the money; it is a raw display of contempt towards the people.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Someone might get hurt if they're not carefully watched over at all times.
View Quote
Nah, they are just afraid someone will dig up some New Jersey State Flowers and take them home.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It has to cost them more money to close the park than keep it open, especially on a holiday weekend.  

But it really isn't about the money; it is a raw display of contempt towards the people.
View Quote
just like when obama did it, if not worse because christie is supposedly a republican
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
just like when obama did it, if not worse because christie is supposedly a republican
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assembly / Senate won't send him a budget.

He is playing politics, but the Democrats don't want him to line item veto certain items because he isn't getting a bill he wants.

Both sides are dicks on this one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Speaking of dicks.

Island Beach State Park is closed to you — but still open to Christie’s guests  

NJ 101.5
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Speaking of dicks.

Island Beach State Park is closed to you — but still open to Christie’s guests  

NJ 101.5
View Quote
Its good to be the king. 
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember that!!! Good for pop.

Quoted:
This happened at some of the civil war battlefields too- I'm sure you guys remember when this happened at the fed level a few years back. Well, my old man was touring some of those battlefields at the time.

I got a picture in my email from my dad- it's my almost 70 year old father climbing over a fence holding his hook up and the caption is "guess which finger I'm holding up"  (he doesn't have hands, he has a Captain Hook like prosthetic)
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So they can pay the St Police to sit at the entrance and block a park vs just letting it be open with no official services?

Fucking government.
View Quote
Such bull shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Pfffftttt.... I'd just go to the state beach park by boat. Island beach, Barnegat. I guarantee people will be there and cops can't do a damn thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pfffftttt.... I'd just go to the state beach park by boat. Island beach, Barnegat. I guarantee people will be there and cops can't do a damn thing.
View Quote
State Park Police won't be patrolling the beaches ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Same goes for the feds,  right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It should be law that when a government shutdown happens the first thing to go is security details to push these assholes to do everything to keep it from happening.  Let them roam their state like a regular citizen for a while and the problem will fix itself.
Same goes for the feds,  right?
Works for me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Less shitheads on the highways.
Oh come on, troopers aren't that bad.  
You forgot the quotation marks around essential.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, in Barnegat Light, the town employs kids to check for beach passes---everyone has to have one in the summer---little button you pin to your hat, chair, or whatever. . . there about $10/per person/per week? . . I'm not sure----our beach rentals always came with (4) of them. . .
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Out there valiantly stopping any non government sanctioned fun from happening.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Remember the last gov't shutdown some guy showed up and started mowing the lawns near the White House.
View Quote
My 2 favorite parts of that shutdown were the guy mowing the lawn and the vets who decided to re-open the open air war monuments and left the fencing in a pile at the White House.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So they can pay the St Police to sit at the entrance and block a park vs just letting it be open with no official services?

Fucking government.
View Quote
they learned from obama
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#23]
what a crock...was going to go to Island Beach S.P. tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:24:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've been to a lot of beaches that didn't have 4 guys patrolling.  In a lot of states.  There are usually zero guys patrolling.  

But I bet the states cost per-hour of 4 low wage lifeguards and beach security is relatively close to one state trooper sitting in a cruiser all day.
View Quote
Lifeguards make over 100k a year around here. Go be a poor cop somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Christie is just pissed because every time he goes to a beach, people keep trying to drag him back into the water.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The way they do these government shutdowns should infuriate the citizens of NJ. Government workers should all just go home, but instead they try to inflict maximum pain on the population. Heaven forbid the government shuts down and nobody notices! It's all a political stunt show.
View Quote
There it is, the truth.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#27]
First thing I thought of

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#28]
NVM.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, in Barnegat Light, the town employs kids to check for beach passes---everyone has to have one in the summer---little button you pin to your hat, chair, or whatever. . . there about $10/per person/per week? . . I'm not sure----our beach rentals always came with (4) of them. . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those aren't state parks.  

Not all beaches are closed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
.Gov is gonna .gov.

Every time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Lazy government and lazy cops.

I'm sorry but the park you wanted to visit during the 4th holidays is closed you smuck. Go to a free state.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Lazy government and lazy cops.

I'm sorry but the park you wanted to visit during the 4th holidays is closed you smuck. Go to a free state.
View Quote
Delaware is nice this time of year!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
This situation is such an appropriate summery of what government does best
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lifeguards make over 100k a year around here. Go be a poor cop somewhere else.
View Quote
That's what it costs to get professionals willing to invest 25 hours of their time in training.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Those aren't state parks.  

Not all beaches are closed.
View Quote
I realize that. . I was commenting on a question about the State Police patrolling the beaches.. . they don't on LBI, but the towns do. . .in a manner of speaking. . 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I remember when Obama did it to federal parks and wildlife refuges and it pissed me off to no end to be locked out of a local wilderness area where I hike and fish a few times a week,  that offers no staffing or services other than a visitor center/souvenir  shop staffed by unpaid volunteers and is patrolled on rare occasion only by Florida State Fish and Wildlife cops that you come across once every year or so.

To lock taxpayers out of their parks and beaches is a disgrace, after all, they're paying for the shitshow; it's the politicians who are screwing things up.

The voters should kick out each and every one of them on election day.

Of course they'll return every one of them to office.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
EBT is still flowin'.
View Quote
Of course it is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gov. Chris Christie ordered a shutdown of the New Jersey state government early Saturday morning. The 2017 N.J. government shutdown is the first here since 2006 and left residents scrambling as they found state beaches closed, park entrances blocked and confusion at DMV offices.

State law requires a budget to be in place every June 30. If not, the governor shuts down the state. The shutdown includes closures, furloughs and basically putting a lid on everything that is deemed a non-essential service. LINK

I'm sure "essential service" covers almost everything but I can't help but laugh. Hey voters, this is what you get.

https://i.imgur.com/0kSuGPs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jso5wgY.jpg
View Quote
Needs to be more of this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#39]
If the public New Jersey beaches are closed where else can I go to wade in sewage, mixed with used hypodermic needles, cigarette butts, and beach whistles?  Are the beaches on the Long Island open?

Yes this is southern sarcasm of yankees.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
what a crock...was going to go to Island Beach S.P. tomorrow.
View Quote

Christie was unapologetic Saturday about taking advantage of one of the perks of his office — the gubernatorial beach house and guest house on the Ocean County barrier island.

His response to people upset about his family’s decision to go ahead with their plans? “Run for governor and you can have a residence there,” he said. A day earlier he pointed out that his family would not be taking advantage of any “services,” such as lifeguards on the beach. Although, his family would still be protected by the State Police.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#41]
As soon as the govt is shutdown the paycheck for all legislators in that district needs to be suspended. Subsequently all legislators involved with the passing of the budget be sequestered until such time a budget is approved. If it takes a month then it takes a month but you can damn sure bet they would be motivated to get things done if it impacted them personally.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As soon as the govt is shutdown the paycheck for all legislators in that district needs to be suspended. Subsequently all legislators involved with the passing of the budget be sequestered until such time a budget is approved. If it takes a month then it takes a month but you can damn sure bet they would be motivated to get things done if it impacted them personally.
View Quote
And close bridges!

The amount of dbag PA drivers coming over not realizing the beaches and parks were closed was highly amusing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
pig head roast

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Gov. Chris Christie says he’s using a state helicopter to travel to and from the governor’s residence at the state park where his family is staying amid a government shutdown.

Speaking Sunday at a news conference, Christie said he flew Saturday from Trenton to Island Beach State Park and then went back to the capital Sunday. The Republican governor plans to fly back to the park after working Sunday because that’s where his family is.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/2/the-latest-christie-taking-state-chopper-to-island/
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I see this guy, I just hear "You fargin' icehole!"

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#46]
so Trump was right not to give that slob a job.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
Read again, it's New Jersey State Park Police on the side door and no, they aren't getting paid either. Essential personnel have to work regardless of getting paid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Read again, it's New Jersey State Park Police on the side door and no, they aren't getting paid either. Essential personnel have to work regardless of getting paid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking government.
Yup.

They will get paid, but not till the budget is passed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top