Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to panic buy, but I need to shoot more of what I have first.
View Quote

I’m 40 y/o and unless my shooting habits pick up drastically I’ll die before I shoot all of my ammo.

That’s also after selling a bunch over the last few years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I just grabbed 16lbs of rifle powder for $17/lb including hazmat+ship. That salad days enough?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol good luck getting components at salad day prices.

I just grabbed 16lbs of rifle powder for $17/lb including hazmat+ship. That salad days enough?
lol

Something obscure?

What are you paying for primers? What's your stock?

Pre-emptive: I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah.  SG Ammo has 12,000 orders to fill and their sites says they’re 4-5 days deep in processing.  Ammo is getting like oil.  As soon as a fistfight breaks out in the Middle East, up goes the barrel - justified or not.
View Quote

Yeah, my buddy sent me a screenshot of SGAmmo's site. He's freaking the fuck out right now, thinks WW3 is gonna kick off any hour now. I'm like "dude, relax." He's sitting a fuckload of ammo too (and he doesn't even actually shoot barely any), so I'm not sure what he's freaking out for.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m so fucking done with life right now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  ... i watched a guy buy a whole cart full, too every box of .223 and 5.56 and he literally was the stereotype of a neckbeard ...
View Quote

What does it take for a manager to intercede in such an event.  

Excuse me, sir, but we have a purchase limit on those.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This is good

Nice to see sales up for a change.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol

Something obscure?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

10k SRP, 12K LPP, 7K SPP, 2k+ LRP. Dies for every caliber I own. 50k+ projectiles. 100+lbs of powder.

The last 16lbs is Accurate 2520 repackaged by American Reloading.

90% of that is from before covid. Not even counting all the factory ammo. Guess you should've planned ahead huh.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol

Something obscure?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Something obscure?

I’ve been buying them for a long time when they were cheap.  Primers will never be a concern of mine.

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have seen A LOT more 45LC than 32ACP around my neck of the woods.  I need a few boxes more of 32ACP.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hear ya

I golf a lot nowadays since golf balls are always in stock and no one wants to outlaw golf clubs
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol I haven't finished shooting my ammo from the covid panic

Go panic buy now!!! Gun industry needs the stimulation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’ve been buying them for a long time when they were cheap.  Primers will never be a concern of mine.

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/oMc6WqEx6BJpzTE/preview
View Quote

The ironic thing about that picture is one brick of federal primers is damn near as big as a whole case of Remingtons
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The ironic thing about that picture is one brick of federal primers is damn near as big as a whole case of Remingtons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/oMc6WqEx6BJpzTE/preview

Yeah I hate using Federal primers for that reason alone.

I much prefer CCI as far as space and ease of use goes. Remington are kind of a PITA to dispense.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: I'm not panicked
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I just remembered there's a farm and fleet 20 mins away. Do they sell ammo still
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Not at my house.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck it. I panic bought 3 cases of 9mm. My stash has been strong but I don't want to slow down shooting. If I spent another 30 bucks I don't care.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

New buyers, like every hobby, are created daily.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are stupid.

It isn’t stupid.

It’s smart.

Panic buying is stupid.  Buy when it's cheap, and well before the panic.

New buyers, like every hobby, are created daily.  

Exactly. New account shitbirds chirping like old timers. You never know the buyer's situation. Either way, no time to buy like today!
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No it's fucking stupid as hell to panic buy.
View Quote

T H I S
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I was told today that MBPSA was absolutely blown on ammo.  Some kinda bat signal must have went out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Says the man who'll be crying and blaming those who bought ammo. When he can't get any because there is none to buy or it cost 4 times what he could have gotten it a years ago. But instead called those who did stupid for doing what he's now crying about. Its never stupid to buy ammo because you never know when you can't get it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are stupid.

Says the man who'll be crying and blaming those who bought ammo. When he can't get any because there is none to buy or it cost 4 times what he could have gotten it a years ago. But instead called those who did stupid for doing what he's now crying about. Its never stupid to buy ammo because you never know when you can't get it

No, it's a fair observation.   There's absolutely no reason you need to go out and buy a shopping cart load of 5.56 at panic buy prices just because a pair of assholes that nobody cares about collided on the other side of the globe, and nobody is going to cry about neckbeards at this point, after watching their local shelves and online retailers get cleared out and then seeing "buy it cheap" prices come back.

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was told today that MBPSA was absolutely blown on ammo.  Some kinda bat signal must have went out.
View Quote

What is MBPSA?

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#25]
If the ammo you have on hand right now. Is all the ammo you may be able to get.  Do you have enough??
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If the ammo you have on hand right now. Is all the ammo you may be able to get.  Do you have enough??
View Quote

I fully expect my kids to be shooting some of the ammo I have now after I’m gone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Is he really unemployed if he's reselling ammo for a profit to the tune of 4K a month ? ?? Id say he's self employed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I seriously doubt it. Just a little bump that will settle down, I don't think it'll be long lasting and leave all the shelves bare and sustained high prices.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought a closet full 8 years ago and am still going through it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
To be fair, I’ve purchased like $4000 worth of ammo in the last 45 days.

Also being fair.  I burned about $1200 of it in a week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/IMG_2857-2991708.jpg
View Quote

Awesome pic
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#31]
edit:
this place is turning into amateur hour over here regarding ammo lately.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, it's a fair observation.   There's absolutely no reason you need to go out and buy a shopping cart load of 5.56 at panic buy prices just because a pair of assholes that nobody cares about collided on the other side of the globe, and nobody is going to cry about neckbeards at this point, after watching their local shelves and online retailers get cleared out and then seeing "buy it cheap" prices come back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are stupid.

I agree with you. I not buying anything. But I've done it in the past until i learned to prepare a head of time when prices are lower. But in the same breath, it's not mine or anyone else's business what others do with their money. Nor to judge them on what they by.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Weapon outfitters posted it originally and from a real source.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#34]

That’s what I envision everytime someone mentions they’re “still shooting surplus Port/South African” etc ammo.

Bro, go to the fucking range already. Firing 20 rounds a month since jimmy carter was elected doesn’t mean shit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Probably just a blip.  Unfortunately, ammo panics always seem to be a self-fulfilling event.  People freak out and buy everything making others buy whatever they can find.

At some point, all those neck beards are gonna start dying off and I can only imagine the deals one will be able to find…

In the meantime, buy what you want/feel the need to buy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Truthfully an estimated 100k - 120k rounds are needed for a civil war.  Yes per person
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
To be fair, I’ve purchased like $4000 worth of ammo in the last 45 days.

Also being fair.  I burned about $1200 of it in a week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/IMG_2857-2991708.jpg
View Quote

You’re buying ammo now?! You didn’t stock up in 1953 when .50 was .0003 cents per round? I’m still shooting cases of Nazi 8mm I bought after the battle of little big horn.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Honestly I have maybe 100 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds of 556 and it’s because 1) I turned of age late and 2) I’ve never been in a financial situation to buy in bulk. I sort of am now but I can’t afford a case at $500. I did get on the PMC XTac deal yesterday for $415 of 55 grain.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#39]
...looking forward to Neckbeards posting on YouTube about the Walmart employees trying to limit their .22 purchases...  
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You are right.  After years of this I know when the panics will start.  As soon as I heard about the Israel mess I put in a huge order.  I have enough ammo but with Dickbrained Biden 'in charge' and the world situation we may be in for a few years of high priced ammo.   Did the same thing at the start of Covid.  A few who mocked me stopped shooting a year into it and I asked them why.  "Ammo is too expensive now..."  Welp, not a problem for me because I bought a bunch when I saw what was happening.    On the other hand, if the prices don't go up I doubt they will go much lower anytime soon so no harm done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right.  After years of this I know when the panics will start.  As soon as I heard about the Israel mess I put in a huge order.  I have enough ammo but with Dickbrained Biden 'in charge' and the world situation we may be in for a few years of high priced ammo.   Did the same thing at the start of Covid.  A few who mocked me stopped shooting a year into it and I asked them why.  "Ammo is too expensive now..."  Welp, not a problem for me because I bought a bunch when I saw what was happening.    On the other hand, if the prices don't go up I doubt they will go much lower anytime soon so no harm done.

Exactly.

I shoot every week, twice some weeks and have never slowed down.

Well, back when I was working at a range I was shooting 4-5x a week and I've certainly slowed since then.

I've never paid the crazy prices either.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What is MBPSA?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is MBPSA?

Myrtle Beach Palmetto State Armory.

It's a giant fucking place, about a Super Wal-Mart size.

Usually pallets sitting on the floor as you walk in of bulk stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I hear ya

I golf a lot nowadays since golf balls are always in stock and no one wants to outlaw golf clubs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FFS.
View Quote

So much this.

Is this the first time they ever thought to buy some ammo to put back?
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425939/1000008068_jpg-2991746.JPG

10k SRP, 12K LPP, 7K SPP, 2k+ LRP. Dies for every caliber I own. 50k+ projectiles. 100+lbs of powder.

90% of that is from before covid. Not even counting all the factory ammo. Guess you should've planned ahead huh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Something obscure?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425939/1000008068_jpg-2991746.JPG

How's that stuff compare to tac or varget?

I just ordered powder so I guess it doesn't matter right now lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Everyone complaining about panic buying: the US gov was the first to do it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are stupid.

The panic prices haven't really hit yet. Give it about a week or two and if the ME situation expands, THEN you will see significant prices hikes as supply dwindles.

I've sat out the last 10-12 years of ammo rushes so I couldn't care less what happens. Bought when there was great sales, sure, [$400 shipped for HST 9mm got me off the chair] when something happened that created a rush, nope.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]

I've seen guys like him in gun stores seems like anytime I go into one he's there .
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#49]
anybody in North Dakota? Here's 200 rounds of 10mm for $10...just search for ammunition on Hibid dot com

https://hibid.com/lot/172478213/magtech-10mm-180gr-fmj---200-rounds?ref=lot-list
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top