Posted: 7/27/2014 1:07:26 PM EDT
So i quit shooting for a about 3 years. Get myself a gp100 and go to Walmart to get some .38/.357 and find shelves that look like SHTF happened.![]() What are people freaking out about now? Metals shortage? Doesn't make any sense from my point of view.
|
|
What rock have you been living under..Been like that for a year and a half now...
It makes ZERO sense, we dont know,,havent figured it out..It all started around SandyHook deal,,there was an AR15 involved (other used or just in possession) so people figured ARs would be banned and the AMMO. And then the run on ALL ammo happened. Esp. 22lr which I absolutely dont get. |
|
OP, this is the thread you seek:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_.html .22"LR is being hoarded b/c it's cheap enough to hoard. .223" came back quickly b/c it's too expensive for most folks to build ammo forts of. 9x19mm is still problematic b/c it's one of the cheapest rounds to shoot, and there are millions of 9x19mm pistols & carbines out there. |
|
Quoted: OP, this is the thread you seek: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_.html .22"LR is being hoarded b/c it's cheap enough to hoard. .223" came back quickly b/c it's too expensive for most folks to build ammo forts of. 9x19mm is still problematic b/c it's one of the cheapest rounds to shoot, and there are millions of 9x19mm pistols & carbines out there. That app is amazing. No luck at 10 walmarts.
|
|
Quoted:
That app is amazing. No luck at 10 walmarts. Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, this is the thread you seek: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_.html .22"LR is being hoarded b/c it's cheap enough to hoard. .223" came back quickly b/c it's too expensive for most folks to build ammo forts of. 9x19mm is still problematic b/c it's one of the cheapest rounds to shoot, and there are millions of 9x19mm pistols & carbines out there. That app is amazing. No luck at 10 walmarts. Yup. The trick is to follow the app EVERY day. Ammo should hit early afternoon. Swing by that evening after the day shift goes home, & see if you can persuade the automotive dept stockers to go get it out of the cage for you.. The only alternative is to turn up @ 0700 the next morning. Using SWIRE's app, over a few months this spring, I was able to neckberard 4500 rounds of .22"LR - which I then gave away to kids @ a gun show, 50 rounds @ a time in the most unsuccessful business promotion ever.
|
|
Quoted:
Well, you could reload .38's, just to get yourself shooting. It doesn't require that much investment, and it makes you somewhat immune to Obama Ammo Panics. Anyhow, save your brass. It never goes bad, and ammo shortages are the New Normal. |
|
Quoted:
Sigh. I just don't have the energy to debunk that one again. Anyone else? Quoted:
Quoted:
All started when .gov order billions of round to stock up against American People Sigh. I just don't have the energy to debunk that one again. Anyone else? This crap was stupid when it started, agreed, it's not even worth debating anymore. If someone really wants to believe that who am I to tell them to use their head.
|
|
My Walmart's shelves are stocked... and have been for the last 2 months. If you want to spend $0.65 a round for 5.56 or $0.50 a round for .45, you are in luck. However, if you want to just buy it online and save a ton, then you are also in luck. They at least have ammo in stock, so I guess that is the silver lining here.
|
|
Quoted:
Yup. The trick is to follow the app EVERY day. Ammo should hit early afternoon. Swing by that evening after the day shift goes home, & see if you can persuade the automotive dept stockers to go get it out of the cage for you.. The only alternative is to turn up @ 0700 the next morning. Using SWIRE's app, over a few months this spring, I was able to neckberard 4500 rounds of .22"LR - which I then gave away to kids @ a gun show, 50 rounds @ a time in the most unsuccessful business promotion ever. ![]() Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, this is the thread you seek: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_.html .22"LR is being hoarded b/c it's cheap enough to hoard. .223" came back quickly b/c it's too expensive for most folks to build ammo forts of. 9x19mm is still problematic b/c it's one of the cheapest rounds to shoot, and there are millions of 9x19mm pistols & carbines out there. That app is amazing. No luck at 10 walmarts. Yup. The trick is to follow the app EVERY day. Ammo should hit early afternoon. Swing by that evening after the day shift goes home, & see if you can persuade the automotive dept stockers to go get it out of the cage for you.. The only alternative is to turn up @ 0700 the next morning. Using SWIRE's app, over a few months this spring, I was able to neckberard 4500 rounds of .22"LR - which I then gave away to kids @ a gun show, 50 rounds @ a time in the most unsuccessful business promotion ever. ![]() My hat is off to you sir. I will give away some boxes of 22 to kids at the next guns how I go to. |
|
Quoted:
all the 45 acp at the 3 Walmarts in Fayetteville NC gets bought up the day it comes in. I buy ammo to go shooting, not to sit on it. Friggin Neck beards buying it for the stockpile ... Tons of 45 here in plano. Saw a 250 UMC for $95 yesterday, surrounded by many 50 rd boxes of WB. TXL |
|
Stopped in my local Wal Mart this morning.
No .22 and no 9mm, same as it's been for almost 2 years now. Lots of 223/5.56, 7.62 NATO, all the Elmer Fudd hunting calibers, 45 ACP, 40 S&W, 38 special, and 380 auto. Hell they even had 32 ACP. Only one box of 357 mag, and no 44 Mag. I asked the woman at the counter about the .22 and 9mm, same old story. Wiped out in 15 minutes by the same group of people that swoop in and nab it every time. |
| I had a chance to spend the summer in Talladega Alabama and had no difficulty buying 9mm and 5.56 at reasonable prices, 9mm Blazer brass was going for .26rd/12.99 box and Federal XM193 for .37rd/$7.49 box all summer long, if Wal-Mart didn't have it, the local Academy stores had the same prices and another store in Anniston called Creedmore Armory had great deals as well, I even picked up a new LE6020 for $900 out the door to get the free Carhartt jacket offer. I'm guessing some areas have ample supplies while other areas are cleaned out on a regular basis, for some mail-order is the way to go, but personIly never buy by the case and typically pick up just enough to shoot for the day and I was not disappointed at all this summer. |
|
Quoted:
I had a chance to spend the summer in Talladega Alabama and had no difficulty buying 9mm and 5.56 at reasonable prices, 9mm Blazer brass was going for .26rd/12.99 box and Federal XM193 for .37rd/$7.49 box all summer long, if Wal-Mart didn't have it, the local Academy stores had the same prices and another store in Anniston called Creedmore Armory had great deals as well, I even picked up a new LE6020 for $900 out the door to get the free Carhartt jacket offer. I'm guessing some areas have ample supplies while other areas are cleaned out on a regular basis, for some mail-order is the way to go, but personIly never buy by the case and typically pick up just enough to shoot for the day and I was not disappointed at all this summer. Cdnn is doing the 6920 1 pmag, 4 msar mags, carhart jacket, rifle case for 899$ |
|
Quoted:
So i quit shooting for a about 3 years. Get myself a gp100 and go to Walmart to get some .38/.357 and find shelves that look like SHTF happened.
What are people freaking out about now? Metals shortage? Doesn't make any sense from my point of view. same at my wallyworld in SWF. guys know when they restock it and buy all they can. BTW Love the GP100 I had a 3inch and a 6incher |
|
Quoted:
Yup. The trick is to follow the app EVERY day. Ammo should hit early afternoon. Swing by that evening after the day shift goes home, & see if you can persuade the automotive dept stockers to go get it out of the cage for you.. The only alternative is to turn up @ 0700 the next morning. Using SWIRE's app, over a few months this spring, I was able to neckberard 4500 rounds of .22"LR - which I then gave away to kids @ a gun show, 50 rounds @ a time in the most unsuccessful business promotion ever. ![]() Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, this is the thread you seek: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_.html .22"LR is being hoarded b/c it's cheap enough to hoard. .223" came back quickly b/c it's too expensive for most folks to build ammo forts of. 9x19mm is still problematic b/c it's one of the cheapest rounds to shoot, and there are millions of 9x19mm pistols & carbines out there. That app is amazing. No luck at 10 walmarts. Yup. The trick is to follow the app EVERY day. Ammo should hit early afternoon. Swing by that evening after the day shift goes home, & see if you can persuade the automotive dept stockers to go get it out of the cage for you.. The only alternative is to turn up @ 0700 the next morning. Using SWIRE's app, over a few months this spring, I was able to neckberard 4500 rounds of .22"LR - which I then gave away to kids @ a gun show, 50 rounds @ a time in the most unsuccessful business promotion ever. ![]() That sounds like interesting thread material. |
|
Quoted: all the 45 acp at the 3 Walmarts in Fayetteville NC gets bought up the day it comes in. I buy ammo to go shooting, not to sit on it. Friggin Neck beards buying it for the stockpile ... |
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter

