Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Are these going to replace 3rd generation frames or will it be an option?

Makes you wonder why Glock would mess with what many consider perfection?

Im not so sure I like the looks or feel of these 4th Gen frames.

John
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the Gen4 stock grip equal to Gen 3 size, thicker, or more thin?

the gen 4 "stock" grip size is 3mm smaller than standard-like the g21/g30 SF models.   so not much of a difference at all.  certainly not the drastic change most were hoping for.

then you add the "medium" backstrap which is the standard glock grip, and the next backstrap is even bigger (?).

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are these going to replace 3rd generation frames or will it me an option?

Makes you wonder why Glock would mess with what many consider perfection?

Im not so sure I like the looks or feel of these 4th Gen frames.

John

4th gen is an option as of right now. Later on, I'm sure it will depend on the Gen4's popularity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I am one who has huge hands and wishes the grip was larger. What's the largest backstrap like?  

I added a Hogue HandAll to my G22 for the same reason.  The palm swells make it feel fuller in large hands.  I like it better, however, I like the grip of my Hogue HandAll on my G20/21L even better!  

Link Posted: 12/27/2009 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I am liking the gen 4 look but my dream gun is a gen 3 G23 with the frame cut down to a G27 grip and then reduced. I want the longer sight radius,more control of a muzzle heavy glock but with the conceability of the G27.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Curious how the dual recoil spring setup will change felt recoil & shot recovery.

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
why, oh why have they not made the front strap changeable to give the option of no finger grooves?
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Do the add on panels create a ridge that will chafe the web of your hand? It would be a bummer if these feel uncomfortable to hold. I am kind of partial to the gen 3 frame shape, but I really want the more aggressive texture.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I am going to wait to pick one up on the used market.
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Apparently I am in the minority in that the standard grip never bothered me.  In fact, anything non-Glock feels unnatural to me now.  It's the recoil spring set up that has my attention.  That being said, I am wondering if Glock will change over to the "improved" recoil spring set up on all .40 models, not just the Gen 4.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm wondering about that spring setup, as well.  I really like my G22 just like it is.  The recoil is stout, but easily manageable.  Is this spring set up to help reduce that recoil and quicken shot recovery?  Anyone see any reviews on it yet?  Will that guide rod/spring assembly be available as an aftermarket "upgrade" to existing G22's?
-Ty
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
why, oh why have they not made the front strap changeable to give the option of no finger grooves?

Great idea.  I'd love a Glock with a rail but no finger grooves.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
When the Gen4 19 is released, I'll be sure and watch the EE for some good deals on Gen3's.      
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in on a g19 in od green. Its weird on how everyone gripes about the grip angle. I first learned to shoot with a glock and that is what i use now. I feel that 1911's have an odd grip angle. I guess its what your just used to or what you learned first.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in on a g19 in od green. Its weird on how everyone gripes about the grip angle. I first learned to shoot with a glock and that is what i use now. I feel that 1911's have an odd grip angle. I guess its what your just used to or what you learned first.

For me it's not really a grip angle issue. It's the thickness of the grip itself, along with the shape of the palmswell on the backstrap. A flattened backstrap would probably do wonders for me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I handled one yesterday and decided to buy an older one.  The knobs on the grip feel like coarse sandpaper.  Even the dealer told me people were complaining after buying about the texture of the grip.  i did get a glock 22 for $399.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
curious to see if they resolved the 40cal glocks jamming with tac lights....

Thats what the new recoil spring is for.

some say that's actually what the beefier frame forward of the trigger guard is for...

glock's taking their usual position of not saying shit about issues with their guns, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
so the new stock grip is the same size as the gen 3 and we can just make it larger?is that what i'm hearing? i think i like the gen 3 rough finish with the fish scale slide!
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
so the new stock grip is the same size as the gen 3 and we can just make it larger?is that what i'm hearing? i think i like the gen 3 rough finish with the fish scale slide!

No, without any grip panels installed, the new grip is supposed to be 3mm shorter front to back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the gen 4 stock grip is SF, which means it's only 3mm shorter front to back than stock, & feels very odd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the gen 4 stock grip is SF, which means it's only 3mm shorter front to back than stock, & feels very odd.

GEN 4                                       GEN 3

GEN 3                                                       GEN 4

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Will the new Gen4 22 fit in a Gen3 22 holster
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

doesn't look like it from the pics.  the dust cover is beefier & the slide looks wider too.  could be wrong though.  :)
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious.......I have a couple of third gen glocks and by no means consider myself an expert on them..........why the change in the recoil system.........problems..........to address?

Basically to lessen the felt recoil on .40 caliber Glock 22s.

Nope, to address the failures of Gen 3s with lights mounted.

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the pics GLOCKREAPER. I like the one of the magwells.
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

doesn't look like it from the pics.  the dust cover is beefier & the slide looks wider too.  could be wrong though.  :)
It should. You may have trouble with that monster mag catch in some stiff, well boned holsters with sweat shields.

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thanks for the pics GLOCKREAPER. I like the one of the magwells.

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Will this option eventually make it's way down the full line, i.e.: the 27?
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]
No one knows.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It should. You may have trouble with that monster mag catch in some stiff, well boned holsters with sweat shields.

yeah, i'm still waiting to hear about the first report of an "inadvertent mag drop"  due to that humungous mag release that's big enough to serve dinner on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, i'm still waiting to hear about the first report of an "inadvertent mag drop"  due to that humungous mag release that's big enough to serve dinner on.

I did that once in an "oh shit" situation while drawing my stock 3rd Gen 32.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top