Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
@Marksman14
@tnmnmnan

So, been following this closely. I made a call to someone who is now in the early prototyping stages of making steel MOS/RMR plates + mounting hardware

We'll see how it pans out, but I am confident.

Let's keep this bumped for the time being.

@JohnnyUtah427 - What magwell is that? How does the funnel look? Any mags sticking on ejection?

S/F
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Marksman14
@tnmnmnan

So, been following this closely. I made a call to someone who is now in the early prototyping stages of making steel MOS/RMR plates + mounting hardware

@JohnnyUtah427 - What magwell is that? How does the funnel look? Any mags sticking on ejection?

S/F
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

S/F
View Quote
TTI Carry magwell.  Never had any mags sticking....does quite well with TTI mag extensions.

Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I'm gonna try to see if they are willing to send a few out to Beta test when ready. No promises!

Next I'm turning attention to locking blocks, trigger bars, sears, other stuff...

S/F
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

TTI Carry magwell.  Never had any mags sticking....does quite well with TTI mag extensions.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47792391341_fcc2683e9f_c.jpg
View Quote
Thanks homie! I don't use the TTI extensions, only Glock OEM +1/+2, does it work with those?

I do like what I see though, might try one out.

Now quit being an asshole and posting that gun - you're making me want a long slide again but with the MOS cut

S/F
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Marksman14
@tnmnmnan

S/F
View Quote
That’s sweet.  I can’t wait to see how it turns out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's great news.  I'd love to have our firearms unit T and E a sample.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Curious on this steel plate.

I have 3k rds through my C&H plate with no issues. Have racked off the picnic table at the range and barrels with no problems.

If the weather holds out I have a long 1,000rd range day planned for the G19.5 MOS with the CH plate on Monday. (Burning through some old reserve 9mm I’ve had on hand) That will bring the total rd count to about 4K. We’ll see how she holds up. So far so good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks homie! I don't use the TTI extensions, only Glock OEM +1/+2, does it work with those?

I do like what I see though, might try one out.

Now quit being an asshole and posting that gun - you're making me want a long slide again but with the MOS cut

S/F
View Quote
Yes it will work with Glock extensions.   It doesn't hinder in any way from what I see.

Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't want to hijack the thread but what size dot is best for the RMR? Competition gun but my eyes are getting old.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s a couple threads on this,

Standard duty/military/competition is gonna be the RM06. Its the most popular model on the market. It’s also pretty easy to get into. That is the 3.25 MOA dot.

For strictly competition there’s a 1 MOA dot. If you’re not used to shooting RMRs, it can be just a tiny bit harder to get used to since the dot is small.

In my opinion, the 6 MOA dot is to big, but if you’re doing speed runs at close ranges that might be the better option. I’ve never owned a 6 MOA, I’ve only ever shot one once.

The 1 MOA was too small for me (in my opinion) for a carry size, plus it can get washed out by light.

The 3.25 is perfect. If you turn the brightness up all the way the dot will be a bit “larger” and if you turn it down the dot will be more crisp/precise and appear “smaller”.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My agency is the exact opposite. We have, in Policy, authorized the Trijicon RMR for use in duty pistols, however the slide SHALL be machined to accept that particular optic and only by ATEi. A few guys had slides done up by Jaegerwerks and the like and were able to be grandfathered in, but any new RDS setups must be done by ATEi. I have an M&P9 2.0 with an RMR done up by ATEi and I'm pretty pleased.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My agency is the exact opposite. We have, in Policy, authorized the Trijicon RMR for use in duty pistols, however the slide SHALL be machined to accept that particular optic and only by ATEi. A few guys had slides done up by Jaegerwerks and the like and were able to be grandfathered in, but any new RDS setups must be done by ATEi. I have an M&P9 2.0 with an RMR done up by ATEi and I'm pretty pleased.
Was going to check out their page.  Been getting the following error all day.
Error thrown

Access to undeclared static property: P_Photocrati_NextGen_Plus::$modules_provided
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There’s a couple threads on this,

Standard duty/military/competition is gonna be the RM06. Its the most popular model on the market. It’s also pretty easy to get into. That is the 3.25 MOA dot.

For strictly competition there’s a 1 MOA dot. If you’re not used to shooting RMRs, it can be just a tiny bit harder to get used to since the dot is small.

In my opinion, the 6 MOA dot is to big, but if you’re doing speed runs at close ranges that might be the better option. I’ve never owned a 6 MOA, I’ve only ever shot one once.

The 1 MOA was too small for me (in my opinion) for a carry size, plus it can get washed out by light.

The 3.25 is perfect. If you turn the brightness up all the way the dot will be a bit “larger” and if you turn it down the dot will be more crisp/precise and appear “smaller”.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve got a Glock 34 with the rmr06 and I like it but I have a Glock 45 and 19x that both have the 6.5 dot and to me is the way to go.  I can hit 50 steel just fine and is much faster acquiring targets within 25 yards.  I’d say for a rookie dot user and for a carry gun it’s the way to go.  The 3.25 dot is really nice at longer ranges and I have no problem hitting steel at 100 yards repeatedly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Have all of them.  6.5" is at 100 yards.  3.25" at 50 yards and 1.625" at 25 yards.  I have more 6.5 MOA mrds than the rest.  If you have to take a shot with a pistol at 50+ yards, you might as well go get a rifle, move in closer, or get the hell out of there.  YMMV
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't want to hijack the thread but what size dot is best for the RMR? Competition gun but my eyes are getting old.
View Quote
I have a RM01 and RM07.  Practical difference in shooting for me?  None.

I may be able to pick up the dot quicker with the 07?  Speed / time wise it's hard to say. If I was still competing I'd probably use the 07, just because it's easier to see. Whether I'm shooting the 01 or 07, by the time my arms are at full extension I see the dot.

The whole  reason I started using RMRs is the front sight on my pistols was starting to blend in with my rear sight, no matter how much I widened the rear notch.  Just get one, put it on your gun, spend about 10 minutes a night for a few nights,  drawing and dry firing, and all will be good.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Had my long range day today. 4K thru the 19.5 MOS with V3 C&H plate. No issues. Love the setup. I carry the gun with full confidence
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Had my long range day today. 4K thru the 19.5 MOS with V3 C&H plate. No issues. Love the setup. I carry the gun with full confidence
View Quote
Welp, just bought a V3 C&H plate. Didn't even know that was a thing. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m still waiting on an update on the possible steel mos plate.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m still waiting on an update on the possible steel mos plate.
View Quote
In GS5414 we trust.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump for an update
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
No update on steel plate yet.

Put 500 more rds through my 19.5 MOS with C&H V3 today. Total of 4.5k rds. No issues.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No update on steel plate yet.

Put 500 more rds through my 19.5 MOS with C&H V3 today. Total of 4.5k rds. No issues.
View Quote
I have little over 4,000 rounds through my G19.5 with the C&H plate. I’ve racked it off of my bench every time and generally have tried to abuse it as this particular pistol is my range only carry. The design is solid and there is no need for a steel plate design as far as I’m concerned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#24]
MOS g34 massive amount of rounds . Zero issues. I do like the C&H plate idea, just wish they were steel . the OEM 34 is getting cut to fit just cause .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Any update on the steel plates?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
@R2A2

Based upon my experience, I would recommend the RM07 (6 MOA dot).  For this same reason as stated by Cowen in his video about selecting dot size.

Choosing a Handgun Optic Dot Size
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#27]
~3000 rounds through my Gen4 G19 MOS w/Type2. I am not gentle with this pistol, and it has been 100% since my first round. Optic never loosened or sheared despite frequently using the RMR as a charging handle and occasionally racking the slide on my holster using the RMR. Love this gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@R2A2

Based upon my experience, I would recommend the RM07 (6 MOA dot).  For this same reason as stated by Cowen in his video about selecting dot size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBE8h1vDitI
View Quote
He has to my knowledge updated his position and is now using 1moa RMR's.

Im taking a course with him at the end of the month and will update with any new relevant info.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Im taking a course with him at the end of the month and will update with any new relevant info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@R2A2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBE8h1vDitI

Please keep us posted.  Interesting that that he’d go to complete opposite end of the spectrum.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I can see that if you train with a smaller dot that you can be proficient with it.  I have two with the 6.5 and one with the 3.25 and when switching back and forth I am a little faster with the 6.5.  I’m sure that if I dedicated myself to the smaller dot the speed would come.  Training is the key to proficiency with all tools for the job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I liked my 35 MOS so much, I got a 19 MOS.  1000 rounds through it so far....No issues....

Link Posted: 7/10/2019 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I can see that if you train with a smaller dot that you can be proficient with it.  I have two with the 6.5 and one with the 3.25 and when switching back and forth I am a little faster with the 6.5.  I’m sure that if I dedicated myself to the smaller dot the speed would come.  Training is the key to proficiency with all tools for the job.
View Quote
Alternatively, if you have an astigmatism, you can get a small dot and it'll look bigger to you than the bigger dots do to everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Just a small update on my G19.5 MOS from the first page. Still carrying it daily, the finish sure isn't holding up. Galled Glock, they said it's "Normal".  Perhaps it is for a Gen 5?  I know all my previous Glocks never wore like this.

Oh well, I guess it's a carry gun.

Here it  is with the G19.4 that I carried in the same holster for years. The 19.5 MOS is 5 months old.

The G19.5 MOS is a great Glock, except for the finish.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Not too thrilled with mine. Another broken screw guy.

My mounting plate came loose at about 300 rounds,remounted, then a little over a thousand. Hand tightened and used the Trijicon kit. Just used blue Loctite pre applied on both the Glock screws and Trijicon screws.

Last night I used Vibratite and set my wrench to 15 inch-lbs. They snapped. I'll get that out and try some other screws. Oh,well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:39:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My mounting plate came loose at about 300 rounds,remounted, then a little over a thousand. Hand tightened and used the Trijicon kit. Just used blue Loctite pre applied on both the Glock screws and Trijicon screws.

Last night I used Vibratite and set my wrench to 15 inch-lbs. They snapped. I'll get that out and try some other screws. Oh,well.
View Quote
You have to degrease everything and add your own thread locker.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did with the Vibratite attempt. Maybe weak screws and/or my wrench? I wont curse the MOS and give up yet. I'll try again with some different screws.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Not sure.

Either way, loctite needs a de greased surface. No idea why the screws broke unless you cranked on them a bunch during your reinstalls, but we know exactly why they backed out, and it ain’t because it’s an MOS.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

S/F
View Quote
@GS5414

Any updates on the steel MOS/RMR plate?

Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone have the weight of the factory MOS plate?  Is it steel?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s steel I don’t know the weight though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
If anyone doesn't answer over night, I'll get it for you in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here you go AirRaceFan....

Attachment Attached File

I checked all the plates I do not have installed.  Surprisingly , they all weighed  the same. The only one I didn't weigh, was for the RMR, as it's in use right now.

Out of curiuosioty, I checked my kitchen scale against my RCBS powder dispenser scale, they matched when using grams.  Another surprise.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Thank you!
@Henny
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thank you!
@Henny
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#46]
We sent our range guys to Aaron Cowan's class.....  the SRO and Acro in its current state are not suggested for LE use.  He is still seeing issues with the MOS platform.  Loss of zero from screws loosening, broken screws.  The best factory setup is FN.  Milling is best.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We sent our range guys to Aaron Cowan's class.....  the SRO and Acro in its current state are not suggested for LE use.  He is still seeing issues with the MOS platform.  Loss of zero from screws loosening, broken screws.  The best factory setup is FN.  Milling is best.
View Quote
Would love to go to one of Aaron Cowen’s classes. Maybe one day soon when he’s in the Midwest I can attend.

For what I do, and my MOS has been great. Being an LEO, I don’t know many officers who treat their guns like shit. If installed PROPERLY, the MOS platform should work just fine.

My duty gun sits in a safariland lvl 3 retention holster. Which protects it very well. Other than a shit ton of holster wear on a glock 17.4.

I think his burn down tests and his other tests are great for seeing the max potential of a firearm but highly highly unlikely for any police officer.

We have our colt LE6920’s fail. We have had (very few) glocks fail. Could have been ammo, most likely user error. No matter what platform there will always be some sort of fail rate.

I agree, milling is the best, if done by a reputable company.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#48]
@JohnMH92 , slightly OT, what problems did you have with the 6920s?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would love to go to one of Aaron Cowen’s classes. Maybe one day soon when he’s in the Midwest I can attend.

For what I do, and my MOS has been great. Being an LEO, I don’t know many officers who treat their guns like shit. If installed PROPERLY, the MOS platform should work just fine.

My duty gun sits in a safariland lvl 3 retention holster. Which protects it very well. Other than a shit ton of holster wear on a glock 17.4.

I think his burn down tests and his other tests are great for seeing the max potential of a firearm but highly highly unlikely for any police officer.

We have our colt LE6920’s fail. We have had (very few) glocks fail. Could have been ammo, most likely user error. No matter what platform there will always be some sort of fail rate.

I agree, milling is the best, if done by a reputable company.
View Quote

We stopped using Colts, as stated they do break and getting Colt to fix is a real chore.  Even small parts.  Our Glocks have failed ranging from pins to locking block cracks.  They do break.  Lower now that we've switched back to 9mm.  Our guns with the rmr setups, duty, off-duty go thru the armorers for setting up per specs and then gets the once over.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Please keep us posted.  Interesting that that he’d go to complete opposite end of the spectrum.
View Quote
Confirmed he's a fan of the smaller dots.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top