Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@JohnMH92 , slightly OT, what problems did you have with the 6920s?
View Quote
Customer service and quality control are the biggest issues. Some of them are FTE and double feed. Tried different mags and some of the rifles are mag-picky. It’ll shoot some super old ones and brand new ones, and other brand new ones or old ones won’t work.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Customer service and quality control are the biggest issues. Some of them are FTE and double feed. Tried different mags and some of the rifles are mag-picky. It'll shoot some super old ones and brand new ones, and other brand new ones or old ones won't work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@JohnMH92 , slightly OT, what problems did you have with the 6920s?
Customer service and quality control are the biggest issues. Some of them are FTE and double feed. Tried different mags and some of the rifles are mag-picky. It'll shoot some super old ones and brand new ones, and other brand new ones or old ones won't work.
Interesting. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there any update on the new Glock mos plates?
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Still vapor ware.  

My two personal MOS 19s with the correct screws are not an issue.  Still haven't heard back from friends in the SF community regarding what they are having issues with, if any.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
More C&H V3 goodness. 9k rds through glock 19.5 MOS with RMR 06 type 2 (pics of it on earlier pages). 1k rds through G34.5 MOS and 2.5 MOA SRO.

Both have C&H V3 plate. Never any issues with them. perfect fit and finish. After 10k rds total through the V3 plate I’m unsure why people are complaining it’s aluminum. Works great.

Link Posted: 9/14/2019 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems with mine to date.

Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Any idea of the screw length for the c&h rmr/holosun plate (sight to plate)? I just ordered one to try out but would rather use torx screws. Also will the glock screws work for mounting the plate to the slide?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any idea of the screw length for the c&h rmr/holosun plate (sight to plate)? I just ordered one to try out but would rather use torx screws. Also will the glock screws work for mounting the plate to the slide?
View Quote
You could always email them and ask. They have great CS
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
They wouldn't tell me the length. They said they dont make a torx screw that size, or they would include them Guess I'll just be careful. They did get back to me quickly though
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
PSA to anyone who is mounting an RMR to a glock MOS:

Install the RMR to the MOS adapter plate first and look at the bottom of the adapter plate  to make sure that the screws does not protrude through the bottom.

I had the correct screws from the RMR mounting kit from Trijicon (ac32064) but one of the screw was out of spec. It was only a hair too long but that was enough to bend the adapter plate when I tightened the RMR to the gun.

Now I have to file/sand the stupid screws and try to bend the MOS plate back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve also had this happen with the Trijicon kit
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I ended up dumping my 19 Gen5 MOS and bought one of those new 19 Gen5's with the front cocking serrations and no half-moon cut.

Should  be at my LGS this week. Lucky for me, Jagerwerks is local, I could walk to their shop! JW did my 19X, I could beat the shit out of the thing and the RMR would remain rock solid.

I'm never going to run anything other than a RM-06 HRS anyway soooo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
What screws is everyone using to attach their Holosun 507c to the MOS plate?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What screws is everyone using to attach their Holosun 507c to the MOS plate?
View Quote
I used the ones that came with the mounting plates. Check them first cuz mine were a little too long. If you mount the sight to the plate, and the screws stick out of the plate at all, file/dremel them flush
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Another C&H V3 fan here.  Put one on my G34 and am really happy with it.  Everything I need in a plate, and nothing I don’t.  I could care less that it is not made of steel as it is holding up just fine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
It's very hard to straighten the plate once its bent (at least for me).  I tried reversing and retightening and hammering.    You're tightening from the top and then look at it from the side...

Good thing Glock has a very understanding CS dept.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They wouldn't tell me the length. They said they dont make a torx screw that size, or they would include them Guess I'll just be careful. They did get back to me quickly though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Reggie72
I know it's been a minute since you asked this , but . . .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Reggie72
I know it's been a minute since you asked this , but
View Quote
Thanks for posting. I got my plate a couple weeks ago and saw that card included. Im not sure why they wouldnt tell me the length, and why they said torx screws dont exists in that size. Ive since found a handful of places that sell them, but at this point it's already mounted. I have a feeling it will be a bitch to take off. I dont get along with allen head screws haha
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting. I got my plate a couple weeks ago and saw that card included. Im not sure why they wouldnt tell me the length, and why they said torx screws dont exists in that size. Ive since found a handful of places that sell them, but at this point it's already mounted. I have a feeling it will be a bitch to take off. I dont get along with allen head screws haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Reggie72
I know it's been a minute since you asked this , but
Where to get any of them in Torx:

https://www.mcmaster.com/96452a711

https://www.mcmaster.com/96452a106

https://www.mcmaster.com/94414a108
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#20]
SOCOM Mk27 Mod 1s (Gen 3 G19s MOS)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Vortex Venom 3 moa $180 to your door @ PSA
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Mounting plate screws sheared off today while shooting. The plate with RMR attached came tumbling back and bounced off my forehead.

This was with a 19 gen 5 MOS. The mounting plate had come loose several times before.  Finally I had snapped the screws during another mounting attempt ( torque wrench 14 "lbs). A gunsmith removed them. The next attempt I used Big Tex screws which I believe they claim twice the strength as the Glock screws. Who knows.

I got 2,900 rounds through this mounting attempt. My luck has not been good. I'm just one guy with one MOS but right now I'm done.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
This was with the factory plate?
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, factory
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry to hear that.  Replace it with a C&H V3.
9,000 rds through my 19.5 MOS with C&H V3 and no issues. Bearing an RMR06

2,000 rds through my 34.5 MOS C&H V3 no issues. Bearing an SRO
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:43:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that.  Replace it with a C&H V3.
9,000 rds through my 19.5 MOS with C&H V3 and no issues. Bearing an RMR06

2,000 rds through my 34.5 MOS C&H V3 no issues. Bearing an SRO
View Quote
I think C&H will be my last stab at the MOS. That round count sounds hopeful.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mounting plate screws sheared off today while shooting. The plate with RMR attached came tumbling back and bounced off my forehead.

This was with a 19 gen 5 MOS. The mounting plate had come loose several times before.  Finally I had snapped the screws during another mounting attempt ( torque wrench 14 "lbs). A gunsmith removed them. The next attempt I used Big Tex screws which I believe they claim twice the strength as the Glock screws. Who knows.

I got 2,900 rounds through this mounting attempt. My luck has not been good. I'm just one guy with one MOS but right now I'm done.
View Quote
They broke because you had to keep tightening them.

Which means something went wrong.

Blue loctite and proper degreasing is required on these setups, otherwise they come loose. It’s always a good idea to make sure your trijicon supplied mounting screws aren’t too long as well, as that can place additional pressure on the mounting plate screws.

The MOS system isn’t the best, but when you install things properly it works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They broke because you had to keep tightening them.

Which means something went wrong.

Blue loctite and proper degreasing is required on these setups, otherwise they come loose. It’s always a good idea to make sure your trijicon supplied mounting screws aren’t too long as well, as that can place additional pressure on the mounting plate screws.

The MOS system isn’t the best, but when you install things properly it works just fine.
View Quote
I certainly hit the points you mentioned. Pre-checked everything, got calipers out and measured plates/screws, degreased, Loctite. I didn't just slap this on. I did a silly amount of reading on the MOS, MOS/RDS mounting.

Don't know what I missed but, like I said, I'm one guy with one MOS. Other people are clearly making it work. I'm not going to slam the MOS on my one experience.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I certainly hit the points you mentioned. Pre-checked everything, got calipers out and measured plates/screws, degreased, Loctite. I didn't just slap this on. I did a silly amount of reading on the MOS, MOS/RDS mounting.

Don't know what I missed but, like I said, I'm one guy with one MOS. Other people are clearly making it work. I'm not going to slam the MOS on my one experience.
View Quote
Very fair.  Im bummed it didn't work out as well as you had hoped.  The concerning part is those screws loosening if you hit all the key parts of the install.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone making a steel plate yet?  Updates??  
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone making a steel plate yet?  Updates??  
View Quote
Yup. Forward Controls Design is working on some right now, prototypes soon I hope to get my paws on and wring out hard, maybe even a few other trusted shooters I know. As of now you're looking at two months or so before full on production.

FCD is one company you can not push to release something prematurely. They actually like to test their stuff, and aren't too proud to make changes if necessary.

S/F
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#32]
That’s great news.  Fcd only does things right so you know this plate will kick ass.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup. Forward Controls Design is working on some right now, prototypes soon I hope to get my paws on and wring out hard, maybe even a few other trusted shooters I know. As of now you're looking at two months or so before full on production.

FCD is one company you can not push to release something prematurely. They actually like to test their stuff, and aren't too proud to make changes if necessary.

S/F
View Quote
@GS5414

OUTSTANDING!!!

Do you know if the plate will have matching grooves like the slide?  Th CH plate over hangs and it's not a perfect cut like it belongs there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

S/F
View Quote
Very cool!
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Our plate supports the full width of the RMR, so the sides will over hang, which renders matching serrations non-functional, therefore there will not be matching serrations.  The choice is either let the RMR itself, or RMR + plate overhang, we choose to support the width of the RMR, and forego cosmetics.

We let form follow function.  Our motto is function over form.  So happens usually it results in pretty good looking products, I assure you it's but a happy coincidence
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Our plate supports the full width of the RMR, so the sides will over hang, which renders matching serrations non-functional, therefore there will not be matching serrations.  The choice is either let the RMR itself, or RMR + plate overhang, we choose to support the width of the RMR, and forego cosmetics.

We let form follow function.  Our motto is function over form.  So happens usually it results in pretty good looking products, I assure you it's but a happy coincidence
View Quote
Great.  Awaiting the finished product.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Proper mounting is a significant issue with pistol RDS and even more so with the MOS. Like it or not many LE/MIL users don’t have any other options. That said, agencies I’m familiar with, using MOS mounted RDS properly installed by an Armorer are not having issues.

1) use a torque driver  - both over and under tightening cause issues.  14-15 inch/lbs unless directed otherwise.
2) CHS plates and the B&T made plate for the ACRO both fit MUCH better than the Glock factory plates.
3) Use proper screws, be that the Trijicon kits, C&H supplied screw or screws from Battlewerx
4) Use VC3 Vibratite rather than Loctite. Blue isn't strong enough and Red Loctite is too strong and will result in stripped out screw heads.
5) Degrease the screws, apply the VC and allow it to dry 45 min.

I had my doubts about the C&H plate because it’s aluminum.  I was wrong. If I was going to equip cops with MOS guns and optics I would mandate the C&H plate.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
When do we get a sneak peak and what is the estimated eta?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Has anyone had a problem with the MOS platform?  Screws shearing off?  I spoke to a G-rep/tech, who will be nameless.  I ask, "How's the MOS system?"  He looks around (behind us as well) and then comments that they had a lot of issues with the aforementioned problem.  70% success rate in getting the broken screws out without damaging the rest of the slide.  The other, not so much.    The screws hold the mrds to the plate.  There's a gap fore and aft of the mrds.  As the slide recoils, all the stress is put on those two screws, since there is movement to the mrds.  The problem also occurs when you try to remove the mrds.

Anyone had this issue?  Resolution?  Round count?
View Quote
I first had issues when the gun shop dude said don't put loctite. Screws came undone while shooting. Put loctite, problem solved.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Pics can be released once we are done testing the prototypes, ETA is 2 months, give or take
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pics can be released once we are done testing the prototypes, ETA is 2 months, give or take
View Quote
Just for RMR or any plans for DPP and other optics as well?

THANKS!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Proper mounting is a significant issue with pistol RDS and even more so with the MOS. Like it or not many LE/MIL users don’t have any other options. That said, agencies I’m familiar with, using MOS mounted RDS properly installed by an Armorer are not having issues.

1) use a torque driver  - both over and under tightening cause issues.  14-15 inch/lbs unless directed otherwise.
2) CHS plates and the B&T made plate for the ACRO both fit MUCH better than the Glock factory plates.
3) Use proper screws, be that the Trijicon kits, C&H supplied screw or screws from Battlewerx
4) Use VC3 Vibratite rather than Loctite. Blue isn't strong enough and Red Loctite is too strong and will result in stripped out screw heads.
5) Degrease the screws, apply the VC and allow it to dry 45 min.

I had my doubts about the C&H plate because it’s aluminum.  I was wrong. If I was going to equip cops with MOS guns and optics I would mandate the C&H plate.
View Quote
Agreed but I have never had a single issue with blue loctite- any reason you prefer the vibratite?  I have both on hand, just have always been a loctite guy.

What torque spec are you using for the MOS plate to the slide?  Glock never released a spec no matter how many times I've asked....  I've been using the short side of the torx wrench and tightening as much as I can with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#43]
RMR for now, if there is demand, we can easily mod it for other optics

Quoted:

Just for RMR or any plans for DPP and other optics as well?

THANKS!
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The whole platform is kind of...well...junk, really. The minimal cost of having a slide milled over the MOS platform is just so much better in basically every single way.
You could make the enlargement of being able to swap optics. But no one is actually doing that in reality. Most guys are smart enough to do the whole buy once, cry once thing with a DP Pro or RMR and they're done with it.
View Quote
Worth reading twice.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Worth reading twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole platform is kind of...well...junk, really. The minimal cost of having a slide milled over the MOS platform is just so much better in basically every single way.
You could make the enlargement of being able to swap optics. But no one is actually doing that in reality. Most guys are smart enough to do the whole buy once, cry once thing with a DP Pro or RMR and they're done with it.
Worth reading twice.
Yeah, I found a GREAT fix...

Step 1. Replace MOS with non-MOS...
Step 2. Drive down to Jagerwerks...
Step 3. Profit!

Side note, buying the FS and having it machined was cheaper than buying the MOS and buying the C&H mounting plate and I would feel more comfortable doing this with it:

19 Gen5 FS machined by Jagerwerks

19 Gen5 MOS FS
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I like my V3 plate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Step 3. Profit!

Side note, buying the FS and having it machined was cheaper than buying the MOS and buying the C&H mounting plate and I would feel more comfortable doing this with it:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W8SOD1DzCmmdxtEkhWIng_T_NWKaWLTFLHMWqigMhd39EVhzGLD5wpSQphHIVpHZXx-cnrO4lJ9tpK9XZtDX2l2iy1L9J6NqC78d6es_du3s9Q0Knv0ozn9c7yjC363jt0DXMKQp8Z8=w800

19 Gen5 MOS FS
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/04hi1NR-_KlcNBl2Gy59i2pRu6mpYh1qB3yofOYydrdl8Fyy3iwaie11hfdsC3xzLNU9IOoF-7GrICDvP3yjJDZEMH7WoO-kVtKAjbwluAR3jcyuAm3VlO593SGjct7LNhAfD8VTgiE=w800
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth reading twice.

Step 3. Profit!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/W8SOD1DzCmmdxtEkhWIng_T_NWKaWLTFLHMWqigMhd39EVhzGLD5wpSQphHIVpHZXx-cnrO4lJ9tpK9XZtDX2l2iy1L9J6NqC78d6es_du3s9Q0Knv0ozn9c7yjC363jt0DXMKQp8Z8=w800

19 Gen5 MOS FS
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/04hi1NR-_KlcNBl2Gy59i2pRu6mpYh1qB3yofOYydrdl8Fyy3iwaie11hfdsC3xzLNU9IOoF-7GrICDvP3yjJDZEMH7WoO-kVtKAjbwluAR3jcyuAm3VlO593SGjct7LNhAfD8VTgiE=w800
Or get the Agency Arms AOS cut for approx. $225 and keep your Glock future-proofed for new optics potentially being offered.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Step 3. Profit!

19 Gen5 MOS FS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worth reading twice.

Step 3. Profit!

19 Gen5 MOS FS
Are you buying new?
I'd love to have front serrations and milled, but I got my G19.4 MOS and G34.4 MOS for $520 OTD and $532 OTD respectively, so with the plate I'm still in each for ~$580-590 vs buying a G19 +$150-250 for milling
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a gut feeling this new plate is going to make the MOS system an incredibly solid option.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
All of your info is spot on except for this. There are dozens of types and grades of loc-tite past the Blue 242 and red 277. I'd guarantee they have a product to fill the proper role.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top