Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1290956

Not mine but it was an interesting thread...

Amazingly the 229 slide was in better shap than the Glock slide in that incident.  The frame was toast though.

I think the slides for 229's are made from stainless steel...

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup sure was ... sold it last winter to a bud of mine .
Rust developed a few years ago one summer , edc weapon at the time during that summer I neglected to check it for about three weeks , pretty much carried 24 / 7 .... Sweated profusely at work during the daytime hours / auto salvage work ... Carried in leather holster next to skin under t shirt ....
By no means am I bashing Glock .... I still have a safe full

Cool pics thanks for sharing.
The visible rust on the slide, did it -belong- to the slide or was it leftover rust from the frame rails and the RSA? Reasong I'm asking is because I don't see any rust anywhere else on the slide. The barrel does have a little of "privately owned" rust, but I don't think that's the case with the slide. I might be wrong.
Again, cool photos.

HTR.

Not leftover ... had a few more images but have misplaced them .. rear frame rails were pitted pretty bad too boot .

Link Posted: 9/2/2012 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1290956

Not mine but it was an interesting thread...

Amazingly the 229 slide was in better shap than the Glock slide in that incident.  The frame was toast though.

I think the slides for 229's are made from stainless steel...

They are, but tennifer is supposedly more corrosion resistant than stainless and my experience has borne that out so far.  I haven't rusted a Glock, but I have rusted a few stainless steel pistols.  

It makes me wonder if the corrosion in the photos started out from some other kind of chemical reaction?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top