Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Model
13 & 36-3inch
The sexy twins
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My S&W model 13 357 and the model 36 ladysmith w/rosewood grip 38 I bought my mom years ago, both with 3"barrels
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Very nice. No lock, comp, bobbed hammer. Classic
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MRW:  Trying it with some home-bobbed Altamont grips

https://i.imgur.com/hqBVlfw.jpg
View Quote

I wince every time I see one of your pictures w/ a gun laying on rocks or concrete.  Beautiful revolver.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MRW:

Yes, I thought of you specifically when I took this photo.  payback for your @ regarding the 638.  I'm broke.

Perhaps I should put a piece of plexiglass between them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:

I wince every time I see one of your pictures w/ a gun laying on rocks or concrete.  Beautiful revolver.

Yes, I thought of you specifically when I took this photo.  payback for your @ regarding the 638.  I'm broke.

Perhaps I should put a piece of plexiglass between them...

I think you're about as bad as Motown_Steve when it comes to revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
One more 3-incher born last night:

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
damn, I need you to do my M10
View Quote

If you can figure out how to get it to MO without committing a felony I would give it a go.

I don’t guess you have the ability to remove the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BASE:

If you can figure out how to get it to MO without committing a felony I would give it a go.

View All Quotes
damn, I need you to do my M10

Where in MO are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MaxC1776:

Where in MO are you?
View Quote

I’m in St Charles
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#15]

I’m in St Charles
View All Quotes

Where in MO are you?

I’m in St Charles

I'll send you a PM
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Manurhin MR 73 3 inch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a 3" 686+ with the unfluted cylinder last week, cool gun.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MRW: I decided to go with classic Mangas and a BK grip on the PC M13

@backbencher  no concrete

https://i.imgur.com/cJIX1Kv.jpg
View Quote

Hurrah!  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had/have several including a 3" S&M M60-2, and a new 3" Colt King Cobra. It's hard not to love the Colt D Frame revolvers.

Here is one of my favorite Colt's. It's an Agent frame with a 3" Detective Special barrel:

Here's one I sent down the road to another board member, it was built from a 4" M65-5;

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#21]

I’m in St Charles
View All Quotes

Where in MO are you?

I’m in St Charles

Good to know there is someone close by that can do work like that. Definately a dieing art.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Very cool build, not mine.

Smith & Wesson Performance Center Jerry Miculek 929 Custom Revolver ICORE
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn, that 929 is hot!  I can't even guess how much a conversion like that must cost.  Probably about as much as the base gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Little baby 3 inch I picked up today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 7:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XM21Nick] [#27]
Saw a 3” 64 today . $600.00 . Excellent condition but no factory box or grips. Passed .
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
It's like a S&W Model 686, but travel sized!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Model 65

Model 31

Almost counts….2.75” Speed Six
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:
https://i.imgur.com/rn4N0wS.jpg
Model 65

https://i.imgur.com/tnXAzEQ.jpg
Model 31

https://i.imgur.com/gxxyfRi.jpg
Almost counts….2.75” Speed Six
View Quote

What grips are on the model 31?
Very nice collection there
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By tacklenut:

What grips are on the model 31?
Very nice collection there
View Quote

Thank you. They are just some basic fake ivory's from Boone Trading Co. Which I believe are made by Altamont but with medallions
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing too crazy, my 3" 686+ unfluted with a set of Hogue grips and a Dawson Precision front fiber optic.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I have 2 of the S&W 24-3's from Lou Horton. They some the best looking pistols eve made.
and they shoot very well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#34]
one of the oddball guns I'd like to find someday is the M&P360 3", basically a scandium frame (with steel cylinder) Model 60

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#35]
View Quote

Couple of M&Ps for you.  The slide on grip didn't stay on the Shield long, it's got a Talon grip now and the 360 has a "plug" and the lock completely disabled (nub ground off) since the recoil is so sharp.  I've put ten rounds of .357 through it back to back- shoot, reload, shoot- but I normally just load it with .38 +Ps.  IIRC, the cylinder is titanium, not steel; I know it's some alloy.  The whole thing weighs about 15oz.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
Saw a 3” 64 today . $600.00 . Excellent condition but no factory box or grips. Passed .
View Quote

Not out of line for a three inch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

Yep, if you really want a 3" that's not a bad price these days.  The days of the $125 police trade-ins are long gone (yep, I bought a handful of 4" model 64s back in the  day for $125/each- I wish I'd kept at least one of them but I sold them to friends and family when prices started to climb ).
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By F224:
I've had/have several including a 3" S&M M60-2, and a new 3" Colt King Cobra. It's hard not to love the Colt D Frame revolvers.

Here is one of my favorite Colt's. It's an Agent frame with a 3" Detective Special barrel:

https://i.imgur.com/69tZlS8.jpg

Here's one I sent down the road to another board member, it was built from a 4" M65-5;

https://i.imgur.com/6pOVwRE.jpg

View Quote

Who'd you have slabside the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

Couple of M&Ps for you.  The slide on grip didn't stay on the Shield long, it's got a Talon grip now and the 360 has a "plug" and the lock completely disabled (nub ground off) since the recoil is so sharp.  I've put ten rounds of .357 through it back to back- shoot, reload, shoot- but I normally just load it with .38 +Ps.  IIRC, the cylinder is titanium, not steel; I know it's some alloy.  The whole thing weighs about 15oz.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70832/M_Ps_-_Copy_jpg-2814075.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70832/M_Ps_-_Copy_jpg-2814075.JPG
I like that a lot

I have a 340M&P and it's fine, but I'd love a 3" version for the extra sight radius and velocity, and an exposed hammer just because I like them. The 3" barrel is a pretty ideal balance of ease of carry and velocity. It'd be a nice lightweight hiking gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#40]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
I like that a lot

I have a 340M&P and it's fine, but I'd love a 3" version for the extra sight radius and velocity, and an exposed hammer just because I like them. The 3" barrel is a pretty ideal balance of ease of carry and velocity. It'd be a nice lightweight hiking gun.
View Quote

That was actually my plan for it (hiking/outdoor gun) to replace a 642 that I normally use for that purpose but for whatever reasons I've stuck with the 642; part of it is the 642 fits in the old camera bag on my backpack belt but I guess I'm just used to the 642.  I do like it though and I carry it on occasion.  It is definitely harder to find holsters for 3" J frames though.  

I'd really like to find a J frame in .32H&R (or .327) with a 3".
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#42]

That was actually my plan for it (hiking/outdoor gun) to replace a 642 that I normally use for that purpose but for whatever reasons I've stuck with the 642; part of it is the 642 fits in the old camera bag on my backpack belt but I guess I'm just used to the 642.  I do like it though and I carry it on occasion.  It is definitely harder to find holsters for 3" J frames though.  

I'd really like to find a J frame in .32H&R (or .327) .30 SC with a 3".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:  I like that a lot

FIFY.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#43]
This is kinda close.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#44]

FIFY.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

Negative, I like the ability to A) actually find something that I can shoot out of it (I have my doubts as to how long .30 Super will be around and I honestly haven't paid much attention to it) and B) the ability to shoot a variety of cartridges out of it since it can still be harder to find than .38.  .32 is super easy to reload too.  I had a K frame 4" .32 S&W Long for a while; one of the easiest shooting guns I've owned and very easy to teach new shooters with.  I wish I'd kept it but I sold it to a female co-worker.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Negative, I like the ability to A) actually find something that I can shoot out of it (I have my doubts as to how long .30 Super will be around and I honestly haven't paid much attention to it) and B) the ability to shoot a variety of cartridges out of it since it can still be harder to find than .38.  .32 is super easy to reload too.  I had a K frame 4" .32 S&W Long for a while; one of the easiest shooting guns I've owned and very easy to teach new shooters with.  I wish I'd kept it but I sold it to a female co-worker.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

And .327 is actually more powerful, iirc

I do wonder if you could use moon clips to fire .30SC from a .327, though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

I'm moving from a Glock mag SUB-2000/Gen 5 26/9x19mm SP 101 carry setup to a 5.56x45mm Fold AR, which leaves me open on the pistol/revolver caliber, and I could go .30 SC if I could find a revolver to run it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#47]

I needs to know.  

I'm moving from a Glock mag SUB-2000/Gen 5 26/9x19mm SP 101 carry setup to a 5.56x45mm Fold AR, which leaves me open on the pistol/revolver caliber, and I could go .30 SC if I could find a revolver to run it.
View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

Hmm, I did not realize that .30SC was the same diameter as .32- guess I should have looked first.  That does open up some interesting options but I still wouldn't put money on it being a long running cartridge; it just hasn't caught on from what I'm seeing.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Hmm, I did not realize that .30SC was the same diameter as .32- guess I should have looked first.  That does open up some interesting options but I still wouldn't put money on it being a long running cartridge; it just hasn't caught on from what I'm seeing.  
View All Quotes

FIFY.

I needs to know.  

Three gun manufacturers now, including a carbine.  I think that makes it more successful than .45 GAP.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Way to set the bar.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Hurrah!  Thank you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MRW: I decided to go with classic Mangas and a BK grip on the PC M13

@backbencher  no concrete

https://i.imgur.com/cJIX1Kv.jpg

Hurrah!  Thank you.

it's propped up underneath with a rock.
Page / 9
3” revolver (Page 5 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top