Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2024 10:23:40 AM EDT
If so, what are your impressions and thoughts on it? Was thinking of picking one up.
I'd think an Israeli CZ clone should be good to go.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:50:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#1]
They are awesome, very well made. Feels very solid in my hands but on the chunky side.
I really like the feel of the metal trigger. It's the only hammer fired pistol I own.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
They are awesome, very well made. Feels very solid in my hands but on the chunky side.
I really like the feel of the metal trigger. It's the only hammer fired pistol I own.
View Quote

Good to hear. Guess I'll have to get one, thanks for twisting my arm.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AzzFaceKillah:

Good to hear. Guess I'll have to get one, thanks for twisting my arm.
View Quote
@AzzFaceKillah

Glad to help! Lol

Here's some pics. I have really large hands and you can see it fits great.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It's got a really tall rear sight
Attachment Attached File

Thickness comparison with a SAR9 Subcompact
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:04:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzzFaceKillah] [#4]
@SquatchAv8

Dayumm!!! It is stout isn't it? Not familiar with the SAR how does the Bul compare in size to a G19?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]
@SquatchAv8

Dayumm!!! It is stout isn't it? Not familiar with the SAR how does the Bul compare in size to a G19?
View Quote
Check this out

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/bul-armory-cherokee-compact-vs-glock-g19
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzzFaceKillah] [#6]
View Quote

Yeah I've used that site before and completely forgot the name of it. Thanks again. P.S.- Why didn't I think of creating a site like that

ETA: They're close enough in size that it wouldn't bother me too much.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Would love to know POI/POA with that massive rear site and dinky front sight.  Almost looks like an error.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the older style Gen 1 two tone. I've had it 15 years and it has been just fine. Nothing really impressive or anything just a decent pistol that didn't cost much.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 11:53:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AzzFaceKillah] [#9]
Do these use standard 75 sights or something else? I'd definitely want to change them if I buy one. Night sights or at least fiber optic.

ETA: They're definitely not the same as my P-01, or at least they don't use a roll pin.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
Would love to know POI/POA with that massive rear site and dinky front sight.  Almost looks like an error.
View Quote
Points and shoots quite naturally, however, I do agree about the wonky looking rear sight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both the full size and the compact. Have not shot them yet.

I just found out that Rock Island Armory has the MAPP pistol which on the website has mags for the polymer frame 9mm available which is cheaper going through Tanfaglio website.

The two unusual things about the Bul compact. I can use the safety when the hammer is in double action mode. My full size Bul or CZ75 pre b can't do this.
Even though it is a CZ75 clone.. Using B mags is great but they aren't drop free unlike the original factory mags. I would have to mike the mag bodies too see if there is a dimensional difference between aftermarket B mags and factory.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Do these use standard 75 sights or something else? I'd definitely want to change them if I buy one. Night sights or at least fiber optic.

ETA: They're definitely not the same as my P-01, or at least they don't use a roll pin.
View Quote

The full/compact Buls are built from Tanfaglio. I know the compact use a dovetail front sight blade that has a set screw for security.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
View Quote
The axis of the barrel most likely points downward in relation to the plane of the top of the slide, a lot of older breechlock type handgun designs do this, and it's noticeable if the barrel doesn't have that exaggerated upward tilt when the slide is locked open, which seems to be the case here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top