Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2024 7:54:05 PM EDT
Local shop has this for $599.99.

G43X with Shadow Systems War Poet barrel and compensator (per the tag). I'm not looking to buy it, just thought it was interesting to see.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 8:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#1]
I think I have shot all the Glock style micro comped guns made to date. Of them all, the CR920P produces the least amount of recoil on a 43X frame.

To bad the slide is not complete.

Here is a CR920P slide on a FDE micro Dagger.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

To bad the slide is not complete.

View Quote

????

The slide to the gun I posted or the SS slide in general?

I think I'm lost
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Been interested in comped 43x lately. This thread is relevant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By txgunguy:
View Quote

This was at GT Distributors in Dallas if you're a local.  It was there last week but I did not pay attention if it was still there when I was there earlier this week. I'll probably swing by in the morning and I will update this if you're interested if they have it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 11:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#5]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

????

The slide to the gun I posted or the SS slide in general?

I think I'm lost
View Quote

The slide to comp is not complete. Its missing the slide. See my pic above. If someone put a 43 slide not a 43x slide with that comp it would look flush. 43 slide has a flat nose.

The SS barrel is a tri-lug. The comp only works with that barrel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

@txgunguy

You might want to wait. Radian is coming out with the Ram Jet for the 43x sometime next year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]

@txgunguy

You might want to wait. Radian is coming out with the Ram Jet for the 43x sometime next year.
View Quote
I like the look of those. I'm not sure if slightly less recoil is worth the enormous cost.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it new or used?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the look of those. I'm not sure if slightly less recoil is worth the enormous cost.
View Quote

Its not. But I have been on a quest. If money is a concern I suggest the HA43. It works very well. AIM has barrels for 45 bucks iirc.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shamus82:
Is it new or used?
View Quote

Knowing that location and their tags, I’m gonna say it’s used.  The one mag part supports that theory.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By naes:

Knowing that location and their tags, I’m gonna say it’s used.  The one mag part supports that theory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By naes:
Originally Posted By Shamus82:
Is it new or used?

Uh, yeah, forgot to mention that but I figured everyone would know a Frankenbuild like this would be used

The used gun case is always fun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:44:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#12]

The slide to comp is not complete. Its missing the slide. See my pic above. If someone put a 43 slide not a 43x slide with that comp it would look flush. 43 slide has a flat nose.

The SS barrel is a tri-lug. The comp only works with that barrel.
View Quote

Looking again, that is what I posted. It's the SS barrel and comp plus the tag has that written on it as well.

I'm stopping by in a few minutes, I'll see if it's still there, just for giggles.

Edit

It's gone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Its not. But I have been on a quest. If money is a concern I suggest the HA43. It works very well. AIM has barrels for 45 bucks iirc.
View Quote
HA? Is that a brand?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#14]
HA? Is that a brand?
View Quote

Harrington Arms. You would be looking for the HC43 comp.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I look at my 43X a few times a week, it is bone stock, down to the sights, and I keep saying this is an ideal pistol to upgrade and customize.  This discussion has me thinking again

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
PMM

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Update for anyone interested.

I figured I would try an Aimsurplus JTT barrel for my 43X. Read lots of reviews about them for the 19 model that were overwhelmingly favorable.

I'm quite impressed. It's a noticeable difference in muzzle flip. I put 250 rounds through it yesterday. On  my 3rd round, I had no ignition. Since it was a new barrel, I did not clear the malfunction as I wanted to see if the gun was out of battery, etc. Gun was in battery, and there was a clear primer strike on the round. 115gr S&B for reference. I loaded the round in the next mag and it fired.

After that, the barrel ran flawless. I shot 147gr HST, 124gr +p HST, Winchester active duty, and 115gr S&B. This thing is a huge win for $60. Reduces flip noticeably without making the gun any longer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#18]
I've been considering a PMM barrel and comp for my 43x. But I kinda want to shoot a 43x comped before I spend the money with whoever.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#19]

I figured I would try an Aimsurplus JTT barrel for my 43X. Read lots of reviews about them for the 19 model that were overwhelmingly favorable.

I'm quite impressed. It's a noticeable difference in muzzle flip. I put 250 rounds through it yesterday. On  my 3rd round, I had no ignition. Since it was a new barrel, I did not clear the malfunction as I wanted to see if the gun was out of battery, etc. Gun was in battery, and there was a clear primer strike on the round. 115gr S&B for reference. I loaded the round in the next mag and it fired.

After that, the barrel ran flawless. I shot 147gr HST, 124gr +p HST, Winchester active duty, and 115gr S&B. This thing is a huge win for $60. Reduces flip noticeably without making the gun any longer.
View Quote

I saw those the other day when I was making an order. Thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 2:41:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: voodochild] [#20]
@SpankMonkey what wrap is that on your Glock?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
@SpankMonkey what wrap is that on your Glock?
View Quote

@voodochild

Pick a color. 20 bucks.
Combat textiles.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]

@voodochild

Pick a color. 20 bucks.
Combat textiles.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
I've been considering a PMM barrel and comp for my 43x. But I kinda want to shoot a 43x comped before I spend the money with whoever.
View Quote

You ever shoot a 48?  It's surprisingly similar.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Shoot it 25-50yds any? I have one for 43x and 19 that have not impressed me accuracy wise. 43 is ok, about 6" at 25yds, most in 5" or less but throws a couple shots per mag opening up over 6".

19 is lucky to hit a 9x20" plate 50% at 25yds.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 3:44:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARShooter91] [#25]

View Quote

Shoot it 25-50yds any? I have one for 43x and 19 that have not impressed me accuracy wise. 43 is ok, about 6" at 25yds, most in 5" or less but throws a couple shots per mag opening up over 6". Then the sharp angle at the top of the feed ramp and horizontal tool marks caused fail to feeds. Smoothed and polished that out and the feed ramp which helped but after 6-700rds of it not making it past 50-60rds without a malfunction of some sort and errant shots I'm calling it. Bought a second to try and it looks to be just as inaccurate.

19 is lucky to hit a 9x20" plate 50% Of the time at 25yds. This one was 100% reliable.

Both work great at taking a little snap off the muzzle flip. This is why I wanted them to work.

Crown in all 3 looks like crap. Very rough and uneven.

Link Posted: 10/6/2024 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:

Shoot it 25-50yds any? I have one for 43x and 19 that have not impressed me accuracy wise. 43 is ok, about 6" at 25yds, most in 5" or less but throws a couple shots per mag opening up over 6". Then the sharp angle at the top of the feed ramp and horizontal tool marks caused fail to feeds. Smoothed and polished that out and the feed ramp which helped but after 6-700rds of it not making it past 50-60rds without a malfunction of some sort and errant shots I'm calling it. Bought a second to try and it looks to be just as inaccurate.

19 is lucky to hit a 9x20" plate 50% Of the time at 25yds. This one was 100% reliable.

Both work great at taking a little snap off the muzzle flip. This is why I wanted them to work.

Crown in all 3 looks like crap. Very rough and uneven.

View Quote
No, but I don't normally practice shooting my handguns at 50 yards. I had it out to 15 yards (indoor range) and didn't notice any difference in accuracy from the OEM barrel. Didn't measure the groupings, fist size maybe? The crowns on mine look great. No sloppy machining on them anywhere that I can see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top