Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2024 5:52:51 PM EDT
I have the following Glock models:

43X

And I would like to get some sights that will fit across the entire line.  I have Meprolights on two of them, green dot front and rear, but I am not crazy about them.  I had Heinie Slant Pros, non-NS, on some in the past and those were great sights.  

Really would like to get tritium on the front and either black or white dot on the rears.  I am not really up to date on what is out there now, but what brand would you recommend that are easily installed, last and are durable, that I could get for the entire model line up...some of my OCD starting to show.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Ameriglo. I also have a set of XS Big Dots on one as well. Can’t go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I pretty much standardized on Ameriglo Hackathorns for all my Glocks.

All black serrated rear sight with front Orange circle around a tritium dot.

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chowser:
I pretty much standardized on Ameriglo Hackathorns for all my Glocks.

All black serrated rear sight with front Orange circle around a tritium dot.

View Quote
This, except I like the lime outline. Oh, and U-notch rear.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I like XS Big Dots for my old aging eyes...
Have them on quite afew of our Glocks.
Do recommend.

Having said that, we got our EDC His & Hers G-26's milled and put Trijicon type2, 6.5 MOA RMR's on them and we really like them Red Dots.

I just got one of our G-19's milled and put the same Trijicon on it.

I have to say, I resisted trying Red Dots for a long time.  Same comment for Weapon Lights.

We really like the Red Dots and Weapon Lights  and I expect we'll be getting more of them.

Sadly, it means getting new Holsters to accommodate the Red Dots and Lights.  The old jokes about a big drawer full of Holsters is no joke  
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
For non optic guns, my preferrence for years has been an Ameriglo Bold front, square orange w/ Tritium, and a OEM steel rear.

Have that on multiple guns, and its utility has proven itself in training.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
Trijicon HD XR Night Sights

My preferred.
View Quote

I really like the sight picture of these but they always shoot way high for me. I wonder if they make taller fronts
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a bunch of Glock pistols and have standardized on Glock factory tritium night sights.  I like the Gen 5 pattern but all work for me.  I buy my Glock night sights from GT Distributors for $57.    Shipping is reasonable and they frequently have sales and discount codes.

https://www.gtdist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=glock%20night%20sights&sortBy=magento2_live_default_products_price_default_asc
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I have a bunch of Glock pistols and have standardized on Glock factory tritium night sights.  I like the Gen 5 pattern but all work for me.  I buy my Glock night sights from GT Distributors for $57.    Shipping is reasonable and they frequently have sales and discount codes.

https://www.gtdist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=glock%20night%20sights&sortBy=magento2_live_default_products_price_default_asc
View Quote

They have some excellent prices, but I really need to know why so cheap?  Hell I paid $140 for my Meps over 10 years ago….maybe I got taken.

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 6:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#10]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

They have some excellent prices, but I really need to know why so cheap?  Hell I paid $140 for my Meps over 10 years ago….maybe I got taken.

View Quote

The same reason they sell standard G17 magazines for $21.99 and simple internal parts for as low as $1.  

They sell a shit ton of Glock stuff and have good prices.  Being the #1 Glock LE dealer keeps them in parts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Ameriglo Agents with the U notch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

View Quote

The Glock factory tritium night sights are not individually packaged, usually come in a little zip lock bag.  The sights I receive have current date code and other than packaging appear to be exactly the same as supplied on my blue label pistols.   I have replaced old Meprolight night sights on my 22.3, 27.3 with these Glock sights from GT Dist.  I’ve also put them on my Glock 44, 17.3, 23.3 and two Advantage Arms kits.   My 20.5, 17.5 19.5 and Glock 48 have the Glock factory installed tritium night sights.   I have a sight pusher and for $57 it is hard to find metal non tritium sights for that price.   My Dagger has good non Tritium 3 white dot sights which are good and inexpensive.   I have a new set of Glock Tritium sights in my desk drawer just in case.  You never know when there is a bargain you can’t refuse, lol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#13]
If I change them from stock I go with Trijicon Bright and Tough suppressor night sights.  That is for using RDS, otherwise I leave them oem since I'm the one guy who actually likes them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Meprolites were my 1st set of night sights. Once they died I decided to try something different. Tried Amrigo I-dots and my groups opened up. Then tried Trijicon HD and didn’t care for those either. Tried the Glock OEM night sight, but didn’t like them due to the shine and slope of the rear. It would catch a glare whenever there was light from behind. Gave up and went back to Mepros. Now I have Mepros on all my Glocks. The dead Mepros makes for great BUIS on my Glocks with RDS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#15]
You'll get a ton of different replies. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to sight picture. I used to put all black Defoor sights on mine. Then switched to night sights front and back. Lately I've steered towards a big tritium front (XS) and a plain black U notch rear.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
After trying most of the available sights since the mid 90s, my favorite now is the 10-8 performance gen 2 rear, with Ameriglo tritium front with the hi vis yellow ring.  This is a fast, and accurate combo.  The 10-8 rear is a work of art, it even has serrations on the front of the ledge for one handed racking on an object, your belt, etc.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I like Night Fision..
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Heinie on all of mine
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I put an Ameriglo Pro I-Dot set on my G17 recently and I really like them. Really bright tritium in the dark and the orange halo around the front vial is impossible to miss if you have any kind of minimal lighting.

Link Posted: 10/9/2024 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered the Truglo tritium pro with orange front for my 19x , Amazon prime day deal for 50 bucks. I hope they are good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2024 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MCM308:
I just ordered the Truglo tritium pro with orange front for my 19x , Amazon prime day deal for 50 bucks. I hope they are good.
View Quote

I actually cancelled this order. I really didn't like the way they sit on the slide. I am probably going with 10-8 or Heinie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top