Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/13/2024 2:28:04 PM EDT
Looking to lower the weight of my stock VP9 trigger. I would like to keep it stock if possible or at least use OEM parts.

Would like a pull around 4lbs. I am not overly concerned about smoothness. This is a competition gun and I usually run it at speed. I would like to disturb the sights just a little less during the trigger press.

My stock trigger is well broken in and is steady around 5lbs. I usually shoot IDPA but use it in USPSA as well.

Has anyone had success with lowering the weight yourself or by using all OEM parts?
If you used a gunsmith what exactly did you have done and are the results what you expected?

I appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
This kit dropped mine to 4.5.  Not the easiest to install but doable.

https://hkparts.net/all-parts/lazy-wolf-guns-duty-defensive-carry-enhanced-trigger-pull-spring-kit/
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
As a part time gunsmith, I've installed exactly one for a customer. It was a customer supplied kit and several years ago so I don't remember the kit brand.

You'll need a special tool to remove/install a spring. It's easy to make if you have the tools to do so

Here's a picture of the tool

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If you do the match trigger kit, skip the trigger return spring and only install the sear spring. The reset gets weak with the new TRS, and the new sear spring dropped the weight to 4.5 lbs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leib109:
If you do the match trigger kit, skip the trigger return spring and only install the sear spring. The reset gets weak with the new TRS, and the new sear spring dropped the weight to 4.5 lbs.
View Quote

I added the Lazy Wolf kit.  I agree with your post.

I would NOT change out the trigger return spring.  Yes it can drop trigger pull weight some, but the trigger reset gets a little soft...not good for competition or self defense IMO.

After some break in, my VP9sk trigger was right around 4lbs with Lazy Wolf kit installed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm considering the sear spring change.

Looking online elsewhere, people have polished certain places (similar to a Glock 25 cent trigger job) and have been able to drop the weight a little. Thinking I'll give that a shot as well.

Also considering a Gunsmith but I think I'll start here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hammer_Forged:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm considering the sear spring change.

Looking online elsewhere, people have polished certain places (similar to a Glock 25 cent trigger job) and have been able to drop the weight a little. Thinking I'll give that a shot as well.

Also considering a Gunsmith but I think I'll start here.
View Quote

I'd try it yourself first.  The sear spring can be a bitch, but I found the VP9 disassembly easier than the CZ75B.

I polished up a few areas while I had it apart.  Easy peasy.

VP9 simple polishing
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top