Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2024 7:26:31 PM EDT
I just picked up a Glock 40 Gen4 MOS from a member of a local forum and am wanting to mount an SRO that I have. I plan on using the OPF-G, RMR plate from FCD instead of the Glock plate. What is everyone's consensus? I only want to buy once and do it right from the get-go.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s a good choice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
FCD is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd personally save the money and get a DPP Titanium plate. They are well made and a decent bit cheaper. A Google search will reveal many happy customers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 5:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duffy] [#4]
OPF-G, RMR won't have an overhang on the sides of the slide, but the front two corner are contoured differently, as it's designed to work with the more numerous 9mm models.  Cosmetic only, but we still point it out.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/g20-g21-g22-compatibility.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
OPF-G, RMR won't have an overhang on the sides of the slide, but the front two corner are contoured differently, as it's designed to work with the more numerous 9mm models.  Cosmetic only, but we still point it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_1536_jpeg-3342349.JPG

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/g20-g21-g22-compatibility.html
View Quote

Thanks. I ordered it this afternoon and received an e-mail a little later showing that you guys have already gotten it ready to ship. That is what I call quick service.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:
FCD is the way to go.
View Quote

If the question has a possible answer of FCD
FCD is always the answer
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have nothing more to add other than @duffy makes an outstanding product.

FCD all the things.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
FCD is the answer that you seek. Top notch parts for your Glock and AR.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Forward Controls plate for the win!
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you gents for your support! We don't take it for granted.

Introduced in 2020, it had earned its reputation in 3 months  4 years later, it has grown by word of mouth, as we don't advertise, and do little in marketing.  

We're constantly seeking to improve it.  The basic design hasn't changed, we adjusted the tolerances over the years, but it's a successful design so we don't mess with it too much, a new variant will be available soon for folks that dive with their side arms, or live in high humidity area, but dimensionally it's the same.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Duffy:
Thank you gents for your support! We don't take it for granted.

Introduced in 2020, it had earned its reputation in 3 months  4 years later, it has grown by word of mouth, as we don't advertise, and do little in marketing.  

We're constantly seeking to improve it.  The basic design hasn't changed, we adjusted the tolerances over the years, but it's a successful design so we don't mess with it too much, a new variant will be available soon for folks that dive with their side arms, or live in high humidity area, but dimensionally it's the same.
View Quote

Don't change a thing that you are doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top