Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/25/2024 7:50:34 AM EDT
After coming to the conclusion that i want a smaller carry(been rocking the g21.4 for a little over a year) which was an easy decision to come to for obvious reasons. i have been pretty set on an HK for reliability mainly and the desire for hammer fire, they are damn good looking firearms as well xD. p30/hk45c/uspc45 are my big options rn. it really depends on caliber is what is coming down to. i would like to stick with 45 to stay with one ammo type and really use all of hks tankiness to the max, hk45c eat +p+ for breakfast. the benefits of 9mm need not to be said again but capacity by a lot, ammo cost (will be able to train twice as much), recoil reduction, wider variety of ammo etc etc. don’t know how bulletproof the p30 is compared to a HOF combat pistol.
really want an hk45c for sheer coolness factor and it’s fabled reputation, but p30 is seeming to be a lot more practical. both appear to be extremely similar sizes, somewhere between g17 and g19, correct if wrong.

HK45c V1
Pros
- [ ] Able to stick with one type of ammo
- [ ] For travel to capacity restricted states
- [ ] Decocker on safety
- [ ] Aesthetics
Cons
- [ ] Grip is slippery
- [ ] Recoil
- [ ] WML limitation
P30S V3
Pros
- [ ] Cheaper ammo
- [ ] Higher Capacity
- [ ] WML selection is better
- [ ] Grip is superior
Cons
- [ ] Trigger
- [ ] Decocker placement
- [ ] Not as aesthetic as HK45c
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both the handguns you're thinking of - Hk45c (one of my favorite handguns in the world), P30

But the one that wins over them all is my VP9Sk,

I'd buy it again, and again, and again

Shown among others in current configuration, carry it daily

Dots on guns by Solo__, on Flickr

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It all depends on what you want more or think is best. Either will serve you well. With 9mm jhp, I would not feel outgunned and I carry as such. I like the modularity of the P30/VP9 grips. If possible, you might go to a range to try them both prior to buying if you can.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for VP9SK. I have large hands and I shoot it amazingly well compared to the HK45C.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I would absolutely swipe up the VP if I was in the market for a striker but hammer is calling my name right now.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the HK45C it sounds like you want it. Personally I'd prefer it over the other one also.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Another HK45C vote here.  Followed closely by a USP45C.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Get both
You won’t be happy till you have both.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would absolutely swipe up the VP if I was in the market for a striker but hammer is calling my name right now.
View Quote

My vote goes to the vp9sk but if you need a hammer why not the p30sk?
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]

I was sans .45, found a case in the garage... so needed something to shoot it.

I've owned a lot of .45's and a few TRP's and Dan Wessons on the 1911 side.

Never a HK .45, so handled one and said "this will do".

Love it, it's a G19 sized .45 that recoils like a G19.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top