BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I understand how to get them to fit for the most part, just take your time with a file or stone.  But these damn things are stuck.  You know when you're either pushing with the pusher or hitting with the punch and you think, 'Damn, I'm about to mess something up", that's where I'm at.
View Quote

Thats what I felt like right before I finally drifted my Dawsons into place (and stained my front sight with aluminum from the supplied punches LOL)
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided to use the pusher to try first, then if that didn't work I'd use a brass punch.  Well, the pusher ended up working but the sights were tight as hell.  When they broke loose, there was a loud POW!  Anywho, here they are.  These are the Ameriglo .390 fronts.  If the white is too distracting, I plan on painting it black, leaving the tritium. The MGW Sight Pro worked great.  I did pick up the P320 shoe.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my CHPWS spacer plate in the mail today, EXCELLENT craftsmanship!   It’s essentially an RMR sealing plate with recoil lugs and a gap filler up front.  Perfect fit.Attachment Attached File
Comes with two screws; VERY happy with the product!
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I decided to use the pusher to try first, then if that didn't work I'd use a brass punch.  Well, the pusher ended up working but the sights were tight as hell.  When they broke loose, there was a loud POW!  Anywho, here they are.  These are the Ameriglo .390 fronts.  If the white is too distracting, I plan on painting it black, leaving the tritium. The MGW Sight Pro worked great.  I did pick up the P320 shoe.

https://i.imgur.com/KtRj6S8.png

https://i.imgur.com/rRDHW5u.png
View Quote

@JASIRR

I use the exact same front sight, it isn't distracting for me but yeah painting the white ring black should work if it does bother you. Really I wish someone made a .390 height tritium front sight that was black and serrated. Heine has a set up like that, that they use on their straight eight sights but the height requirement to match up with the rear makes finding exactly what you want a challenge. I've heard Dawson will make exactly what you want but I haven't looked into yet.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]

That plate looks way better than their previous versions. It looks like they've stepped their game up which is great IMO. Competition drives innovation and the more companies making stuff for the P320 the better.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@JASIRR

I use the exact same front sight, it isn't distracting for me but yeah painting the white ring black should work if it does bother you. Really I wish someone made a .390 height tritium front sight that was black and serrated. Heine has a set up like that, that they use on their straight eight sights but the height requirement to match up with the rear makes finding exactly what you want a challenge. I've heard Dawson will make exactly what you want but I haven't looked into yet.
View Quote

I don't even notice it to be honest, I'm planning on leaving them the way they are.

I do have the DP solid black suppressor height sights on one of my P80's.  I was shooting with a buddy one day and he was complaining of his groups and pointed to his front sight.  He said, I can't even see the dot, that's why I'm shooting so bad.  I didn't have a red dot on that pistol yet, so I showed him mine that was just the solid black blade and told him, I don't have one at all and look at my groups.  Hint: Your grouping issues isn't because of your front sight. He got the hint.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone using a Trijicon Mounting plate on their M17/18?  I got one today and installed and there is a very very very slight gap underneath towards the front.  Just wondering if the Bobro or others have a slight gap in them?  Seems like they would almost all have the potential given how the mount is screwed in towards the back instead of in the middle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone using a Trijicon Mounting plate on their M17/18?  I got one today and installed and there is a very very very slight gap underneath towards the front.  Just wondering if the Bobro or others have a slight gap in them?  Seems like they would almost all have the potential given how the mount is screwed in towards the back instead of in the middle.
View Quote

Bobro is perfectly smooth - no gap.
My issues are documented above.  A guy I shoot with bought a CHPWS plate for his 320 x5 legion and had the same issue - gap between the plate and gun.  Very minor, but he knew it was there.  Seemed like as he tightened the plate down, the gap "appeared".  Original thought was the screws were too long but I think he checked it and they were fine.  Seemed to be the plate was just a hair too big and when he tightened it, it just popped up a smidge.
He traded it out for a Bobro and it is matched perfectly and smooth.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My issues are documented above.  A guy I shoot with bought a CHPWS plate for his 320 x5 legion and had the same issue - gap between the plate and gun.  Very minor, but he knew it was there.  Seemed like as he tightened the plate down, the gap "appeared".  Original thought was the screws were too long but I think he checked it and they were fine.  Seemed to be the plate was just a hair too big and when he tightened it, it just popped up a smidge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got the CHPWS 509t plate on my gun. It was incredibly precise fit. There was a very positive snap for it go into the channel and again when I put the optic on the plate.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, double tap.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
My CHPWS for my G43X MOS to HS507K-X2 works great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got the CHPWS 509t plate on my gun. It was incredibly precise fit. There was a very positive snap for it go into the channel and again when I put the optic on the plate.
View Quote

Any issues when mounting up the 509T optic onto the plate?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Any issues when mounting up the 509T optic onto the plate?
View Quote

Not really, for my first time mounting it on the i will say the pressure and positive snap of getting the recoil lug on was a little worrisome.  That's coming from years of picatinny mounting where I expect slop and loose tolerance and having to put pressure on the recoil lug into the rail as I tighten the cross screw. Which just was not the case with this plate and the 509t
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top