Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2024 6:51:46 PM EDT
I picked up one after missing the one I sold years back.

I found a used but very early 469.  I love the early variant with the stippled stocks and vertical line front sight.  This one looks to be 1984-early 85 based on the early Serial Number -

This was "advanced" and "compact" for the day, It is not a 1911, it isn't polymer or Glock Gen 3 clone, but I love it anyway.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks good for its age.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I was an early adopter.  Never had any issues with mine, other than the lack of holsters that fit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]
My first 9mm.still have it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting nostalgic in my old age - I remember when they first came out and thinking what a sleek and compact hi-cap 9mm.

It is strange the way things went for it as it came out pre-Miami shootout and after that there was a migration to 40 and 45 - I also have a S&W 457 (45scp)  from the local PD that was briefly issued in the era after the wonder nines as the inferior 9mm's were replaced and the 457 is of similar size to the 469 so it could have remained in the market longer than it did.

I need to get another grail gun from the early 80s - a 9mm Ruger Speed Six revolver - just wanted one back in the day, never got one.

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]

I have one too. I got it cheap at Cabella’s before all the Covid and peaceful riot stupidity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I have one too. I got it cheap at Cabella’s before all the Covid and peaceful riot stupidity.
View Quote

I have a suspicion that peaceful stuff might come around again and/or another disease around election time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Sharp looking gun, the first handgun I actually bought myself after turning 21 was a Smith model 669.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Neat guns for their time, hadn't thought of them in years but I worked in a gun store for a bit during college and I recall the gunsmith had one he did a full melt job on.  He was making it as a personal carry piece. I know he fitted sone other sights to it but I can't recall if he did anything else, that was quite a few years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top