Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2020 3:01:52 PM EDT
Strike Industries has a recall on the MDC's with the guide rods that have a cross hole drilled in them.

mass-driver-comp-recall

ATTENTION: IMPORTANT MASS DRIVER COMP RECALL NOTICEStrike Industries is voluntarily recalling all recent Mass Driver Comp's that ONLY INCLUDES a guide rod that have the newly revised mid-shaft hole. See picture example. You will receive a refund if you purchased directly from strikeindustries.com or a $90 strikeindustries.com online store credit if purchased from a Strike Industries dealer.

This recall only affects the Strike Industries Mass Driver Comp system that includes a guide rod with the mid-shaft hole that was produced after Jun 25th, 2020 which includes the following SKUs:
>> SI-G3-MDCOMP-C
>> SI-G3-MDCOMP-S
>> SI-G4-MDCOMP-C
>> SI-G4-MDCOMP-S

STRIKE INDUSTRIES ASKS TO PLEASE STOP IMMEDIATE USE OF THE MASS DRIVER COMP WHICH INCLUDES THE MID-SHAFT HOLE IN THE GUIDE ROD.

You have been officially notified. Failure to act in a timely manner may result in possible malfunctions with the continued use of the Mass Driver Comp that uses the guide rod with the mid-shaft hole.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess no one here actually owns or uses the Strike Industries Mass-Driver-Compensator.

If you do know someone that owns and/or uses one. Let them know about the recall and have them check theirs to see if the guide rod has the cross hole or not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up, never liked the fit and never had a chance to try it so you may have saved me a headache.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess no one here actually owns or uses the Strike Industries Mass-Driver-Compensator.
View Quote
I think most here realized they were a gimmick and or didn't want to put Chinese parts on their Glock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think most here realized they were a gimmick and or didn't want to put Chinese parts on their Glock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^.    Why use anything from Strike Ind.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know if anyone used them or not. I just wanted to get the recall notice out to keep anyone from getting hurt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#7]
On the surface, Strike has some cool looking innovative stuff. Unfortunately, I've had minor issues with a couple of their products. I guess by them keeping the price down translates into poor QC. I avoid them now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
who'd a thunk that drilling a large hole in a recoil absorbing part would end up being a bad idea?  huh...

fad company gonna fad
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On the surface, Strike has some cool looking innovative stuff. Unfortunately, I've had minor issues with a couple of their products. I guess by them keeping the price down translates into poor QC. I avoid them now.
View Quote
I bought one muzzle brake from them.  I had to chase the threads with a tap before it would work.

Otherwise, they have had some decent ideas with bad execution.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strike industries is the tapout/ed hardy of the gun world.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I dunno how effective any muzzle device is on a 9mm pistol.  However I think the Strike Industries is the most aesthetic for the Glock brand.  

This Griffin product maybe effective, but wow it’s ugly.  In comparison I suppose.  

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top