Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/22/2024 10:14:50 AM EDT
The USP line you have the standard, compact, expert, elite and match (yea, I know the match is no longer made).
HK45, you have the standard, compact, tactical, and compact tactical.
VP9, you have the standard, long, tactical, and match.

The P30, there is the standard, long and SK. That is it.  

Where is the P30 tactical? Where is the P30 match?

Seems they make a P30SD, but it is not available here in the US.
You can buy a threaded barrel from HK and install it in your P30, but there is no factory built threaded P30 in the USA.
I would also love to have a P30 match. Why only have the VP9?
Do they just feel like it would be redundant since they make the VP9?
If so, then why even make the P30 at all?
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 10:24:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#1]
The unique variants of the USP are awesome but never sold in large numbers
HK has had financial issues in the last 25 years that IMO forced it to trim product lines and produce garbage like the UMP

The P30 was introduced almost 20 years ago and was intended for service/duty guns not US mass-market consumer sales
Definitely not the market we have now with demands for optic & suppressor ready everything - take a look at the old HK product catalogs and brochures
https://s3.amazonaws.com/hk-manuals/index.html

They're still is in service with a number of Europen agencies which I suspect is the main driver for continued production

ETA: The P30L/P30sk are my competition/carry combo and they're nice pistols but if you want all the bells and whistles get an VP9 Match or Tactical
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 11:52:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awmp] [#2]
The P30 is my jam. I really like the P30, P30L and P30sk. 17rd mags for the P30/P30L, paddle mag release works for me, reliable and solid pistol. To me it is one of the pistols I have never had a problem with. I wish I could say that about others, but the P30 series of pistols does a great job for me.
My P30 has a red dot mounted and trigger work done by Lazy Wolf, added an LEM, for me the perfect setup.
" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
VP9 makes P30 obsolete based on the trigger alone.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the LEM system for a defensive gun, and the P30 to me is perfect.  Hammer fired is good for AIWB too.

I agree with OP, and HK should give at the very least a OR model.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JimTh:
View Quote

I think you got that the wrong way around.

Not everyone likes striker fired. Lots of us prefer hammer fired. Me included.

Not a single striker fired pistol in my house.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:

I think you got that the wrong way around.

Not everyone likes striker fired. Lots of us prefer hammer fired. Me included.

Not a single striker fired pistol in my house.
View Quote

What HK should do is delete the P30, P2000, and USP. The come out with a HK9 and HK40 lines with various versions.

I love the USP but the mag capacity sucks and it has no rail. Honestly the grip on the P30 is it's worst feature after shooting it A LOT.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

This; the VP9 line is where the company needed to go to attract new customers.  Hammer-fired Hk's are where its at, but the larger market wanted striker-fired HK so, naturally the company moved on to a different product. The trigger on the P30 series isnt the best and the VP9 is better to a degree.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 11:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: awmp] [#8]
To make matters even worse, I ordered another P30 and P30L from CDNN ($599.00 each), you also get a $50 HK gift card and $150 with each pistol in HK Web Store credit.
I had a VP9 and sold it to a buddy, he loves it, P30s are the ones for me. Everyone has a favorite, just make sure you shoot the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 1:35:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#9]
Originally Posted By awmp:
To make matters even worse, I ordered another P30 and P30L from CDNN ($599.00 each), you also get a $50 HK gift card and $150 with each pistol in HK Web Store credit.
I had a VP9 and sold it to a buddy, he loves it, P30s are the ones for me. Everyone has a favorite, just make sure you shoot the crap out of them.
View Quote

$599 would be a steal, especially with the extra $200 in add-ons.  They are showing $749 now, but you still can get the $50 card and $150 webshop credit.

Thankfully, means my bank account is safe....

Link Posted: 9/28/2024 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 3:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#11]
Originally Posted By Scollins:

$599 would be a steal, especially with the extra $200 in add-ons.  They are showing $749 now, but you still can get the $50 card and $150 webshop credit.

Thankfully, means my bank account is safe....

View Quote

I got one from Lockedloaded.com for $620 shipped. For some reason they didn’t charge tax. It’s the 10-round version, but since it’s compatible with the 17-round magazines, who cares?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top