Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2024 11:27:18 PM EDT
Well, they say the third time is a charm… Which “I” don’t believe, but I could be wrong… So!! With that said, I’m looking for a good attorney to prepare a Prenuptial Agreement between my Fiancée and myself before applying for a marriage license.

I bought a decent home and fully furnished it before this possible marriage. I have my own funded pensions and 401K plans, so I am looking to protect my interests. She is two years away from her own pension plan and she has her own decent 401K plan as well.

We’ve been living together for several years now and her financial contributions in our relationship is for food and cable/internet, while I cover everything else, to include all maintenance/repairs, which is fine. In my current will, I am leaving her the house, which has a significant amount of equity within it and all my bank accounts, so my intent is clearly not to screw her over.  

One of the main reasons why I am now considering marriage, at this point, is to provide her survivors benefits from both my civilian and military retirement pensions when I check out of the net.

To be 100% honest, my bottom line is that I want to protect my own interests since I’m now in my 60s and will not be able to rebuild again if I remarry and later divorce, loosing half of everything again.  But at the same time, I’m not looking to screw her over either.

If possible, I would prefer an attorney within the Seattle/Tacoma area to work with.

Thanks for looking and for any advice… Other than don’t do it!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
3rd time and a pre-nup?

Sounds like love.

Lol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha!!  The reality of reality is reality!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top