Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2024 3:13:52 PM EDT
Was out and saw this car pop in.  Lady with a dangling ID clearly displayed and clipboard knocked on the door and then proceeded to hang out for 15 minutes before leaving.  Was about to call Troop F as I didn't see it was a state car while I was dodging emotional support animals at Walmart.

Didn't leave anything on the door or mailbox.

SW Coos county.  New house.  Took portion of land out of Current Use last year/paid the LUCT.  Have filed Interest and Dividend tax since 2020.  Assessor is out of Vermont, so I don't think that's it.

Thanks.

Yeah my camera setup is a work in progress.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2024 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Dibs
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah kinda strange to get a house call from the state.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps hand delivering lottery winnings?
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd call and ask. That agency operates off random audits and customer service.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Just shot them an email threatening to cut the balls off the next revenue man that shows up here.

Will give them a call tomorrow if they don't get back to me.

Link Posted: 9/19/2024 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a yellow card in the mail about this. It seems some taxpayers were “ randomly” selected to have an external home inspection. They want to measure the external dimensions of your home for revaluation of tax records. There was a number on the card to call if you wanted to opt out of having them come to your home. I called the number and left a message saying I did not want anyone on my property measuring my homes dimensions. Not calling to specifically request that they don’t come on your property was considered by them to mean you were allowing them to do so.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#8]
That could be it.

I got that card too and called to opt out.

Possibly my message got lost when I left it.  Stuff happens.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#9]
In NH the assessor's office does the evaluations, or they hire a 3rd party company to do it. NH Dept of Revenue would not be doing property assessments.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]
It was worded as a QA/QC of the assessor.

Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:15:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#11]
Whenever the man comes into your life, it means you’re getting fucked in a way you probably don’t want. Normally it’s higher taxes or they’re trying to steal your property.

Edit, that was a perfect waste of post 5000.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steve8140:

Edit, that was a perfect waste of post 5000.
View Quote

Curses.

Got a nice reply back from DRA.  Mystery solved.  Now to ask my town WTF as I've already spoken with the assessor this year-even sent him pics.  

The Town of Redacted requested DRA's assistance with some of the town's assessing duties. Those duties include visiting properties that the town identified as having new or ongoing construction in order to update the physical description of the property (if necessary).

I completely understand your concern about your property being accessed without prior notification. I will ensure that our staff correspond with the town and express your wish to be contacted prior to any visit.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about our visit, or the process in general, please feel free to give me a call at 603.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top