Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049]
Looking at a possible visit to Spokane and flying in there.

Was reading through the laws and saw language specific to the “importation” of “assault rifles” with no overt exemption granted for interstate travel from outsiders. A car would not be a big deal, but flying in seems like much more opportunity to get jammed up. Would not be bringing any magazines and source those locally.

Anyone have any thoughts?

*ETA Spokane, not Tacoma. I’m an idiot
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Flying in and out of SeaTac with a PFD is a hassle...

What are you thinking of taking? 10 round mags are ok if you have any
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scottr:
Flying in and out of SeaTac with a PFD is a hassle...

What are you thinking of taking? 10 round mags are ok if you have any
View Quote

I’m an idiot. It would be Spokane.

An AR/SBR lower with 3 uppers, some suppressors, and a Glock preferably.
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d not risk the ARs. Chances of it being an issue are small, but not zero. Especially with the declaration requirements on the  flights.

SBR would require 5320.20 approval from ATF too
Link Posted: 9/26/2024 11:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryo] [#4]
You can be able to bring it in but you must leave with it.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PlnkJ00_0hk
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ryo:

View Quote

I'm not sure where he's getting that part, but IANAL

RCW 9.41.010
(23) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington. "Import" does not mean situations where an individual possesses a large capacity magazine or assault weapon when departing from, and returning to, Washington state, so long as the individual is returning to Washington in possession of the same large capacity magazine or assault weapon the individual transported out of state.

On the federal level it's legal to mail uppers to a free state. That's as much as I'll say about that

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]

RCW 9.41.010
(23) "Import" means to move, transport, or receive an item from a place outside the territorial limits of the state of Washington to a place inside the territorial limits of the state of Washington. "Import" does not mean situations where an individual possesses a large capacity magazine or assault weapon when departing from, and returning to, Washington state, so long as the individual is returning to Washington in possession of the same large capacity magazine or assault weapon the individual transported out of state.

On the federal level it's legal to mail uppers to a free state. That's as much as I'll say about that

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryo:

RCW 9.41.010

This was the statute and definition I read that gave me a lot of pause. It looks like if you’re a resident you’re gonna be fine, but if not, there is legal room to get screwed over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top