Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2024 10:17:22 AM EDT
Looking at buying some property in that area. A lot of the listings talk about drilling a well into the aquifer. Anyone have a idea of the depth and cost? I was looking at USGS map and it was showing depths from 25' to 700'. I imaging drilling 700' is damn expensive. I know they have community wells out there, but would rather have my own well if possible.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Years ago, this place was helpful in our decision making process to not buy land in St Johns https://www.nielsenwelldrilling.com/
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully, this map is different than what you have already looked at: AZ Water Well Reg

You can see the depth of the wells near the property you are thinking about, when it was drilled, and which company drilled it.

There was a member here who bought some land in that area and started a thread it.  He gave us some really good information about building a homestead on his land.  Unfortunately, I do not remember his name and he passed away.  It was an exciting thread with a sad ending.  Maybe someone remembers more details about him and can find the thread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:
Hopefully, this map is different than what you have already looked at: AZ Water Well Reg

You can see the depth of the wells near the property you are thinking about, when it was drilled, and which company drilled it.

There was a member here who bought some land in that area and started a thread it.  He gave us some really good information about building a homestead on his land.  Unfortunately, I do not remember his name and he passed away.  It was an exciting thread with a sad ending.  Maybe someone remembers more details about him and can find the thread.
View Quote

Thread is here, I will bump to keep from archive
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KorinaBrother:

Thread is here, I will bump to keep from archive
View Quote

Thanks, that is it.  

RIP John
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just south of St Johns at the 60/61 split. We dug our well about 6-7 years ago. Had to go down 750' at a cost of $38k. Now, it's in the $50+ range from what I'm hearing from new neighbors in our development that are putting wells in. Plus, it can be about a year on the wait list, although there are some new companies drilling wells moving in to the area.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Thanks for the link. That gives me a idea how deal local wells. Yes, I was following that thread. Sad cancer took him, but he seemed to love living out there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Going through that thread, looking at who is still active and who has gone Arfcom Silent... It's kind of odd.

Good luck with finding land with water - its been a problem over here since...well, the Hohokam?!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KB7DX:

@azjogol

I have three lots near the "Y". Looking at that well site, average depth is about 600 where my lots are.

Some more some less. I'll be hauling water at that price for a well. I'm supposed to have

access to a community well in the area but have never used it. I'll have to drag out the deed

and info.

I never got to meet John, but he was really loving it there.

R.I.P. John.
View Quote

@KB7DX what subdivision are your lots? I live in MPR and we have a community well, but can't think of any others other than the subdivisions out Stanford Rd. When we were building our house I started out thinking I would haul water too. But after one winter building while building the house with 3 feet of snow, and icy roads, I decided a well is a good investment. We do have a 3k gallon tank we use for rain collection on top of the 5k gallons of well water. I do like the fact my well is also on our back up solar, so if things were to go really sideways, we can still get water. The toughest thing to contend with are the lightning strikes. Had one strike take out the control box, and then added surge protectors to the electrical panels. The second strike knocked the control box out, but only needed to be reset.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

this is a great web site, found my Dads wells when we had a farm as a kid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top