Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2024 5:45:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack-of-Hearts]
Okay crew.  I usually post a link to the Secretary of State's Live Election Results.  For those who are interested you can check the state and your local races by office, county, and even down to precinct.

In our six county judicial circuit, we have four contested sheriff's races.  Two incumbents are being challenged and two races are for open seats being vacated by retiring sheriffs.  Unfortunately, one of our sheriffs who was going to retire - died this weekend.  So if there are some interesting races in your area, here's a pretty good place to check on it.

For those of you who don't follow politics closely; this is the party Primary Election for partisan races.  The outcome will determine the party's candidates for the November General Election.  For nonpartisan races such as judges, this is the General Election and they are listed on your ballot regardless of which party in which you chose to vote.  Regardless of whether the final winner is determined today (nonpartisan) or in November (partisan races), the new term of office begins on January 1, 2025.

I had some difficulty finding the link but was successful a few minutes ago.  

LINKY to Georgia Election Results for May 21st 2024 Primary/General Election
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:51:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#1]
Since it was a primary I picked and used the opportunity to choose a ballot I could vote against the questions I most wanted to vote against. Like the ban on assault style weapons and the free social promotion stuff. I doubt it will affect the results but I had to do it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack-of-Hearts] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By j3_:
Since it was a primary I picked and used the opportunity to choose a ballot I could vote against the questions I most wanted to vote against. Like the ban on assault style weapons and the free social promotion stuff. I doubt it will affect the results but I had to do it.
View Quote

You were essentially taking a poll.  Those are put on the ballots by the political parties to convince their members they have a voice on these issues.  They are not a vote to pass a law.

Go read the Republican questions and then go read the Democrat questions.  There are no common questions between the two party ballots.  Officially it's placed on the ballot so the party can get feedback from its members.  As a practical matter, it's simply pandering to voters.

It's almost insulting how they try to play us.  Sad but true.  

Disclaimer:  My opinion sometimes slips out.  Nothing in this post is intended to support or condemn any particular candidate or political party.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#3]
Originally Posted By Jack-of-Hearts:

You were essentially taking a poll.  Those are put on the ballots by the political parties to convince their members they have a voice on these issues.  They are not a vote to pass a law.

Go read the Republican questions and then go read the Democrat questions.  There are no common questions between the two party ballots.  Officially it's placed on the ballot so the party can get feedback from its members.  As a practical matter, it's simply pandering to voters.

It's almost insulting how they try to play us.  Sad but true.  

Disclaimer:  My opinion sometimes slips out.  Nothing in this post is intended to support or condemn any particular candidate or political party.
View Quote

I knew that but who doesn't love to try to skew a poll against the intentional intended outcome that's opposite your view?
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By j3_:

I knew that but who doesn't love to try to skew a poll against the intentional intended outcome that's opposite your view?
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Does GA issue voter ID cards?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brandi:
Does GA issue voter ID cards?
View Quote

Yes but they aren't required to vote.  You need to have a driver's license, state identification card, US passport, or voter ID card.

I think you can get a voter ID at your local driver's license office.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
They registered me to vote when I got my GA DL but things were chaotic at the time and wasn't sure if she said they did voter ID cards or not. I never received one and started wondering if I should or not. No advantage to having one it seems.  Thank you 🙂
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Brandi:
They registered me to vote when I got my GA DL but things were chaotic at the time and wasn't sure if she said they did voter ID cards or not. I never received one and started wondering if I should or not. No advantage to having one it seems.  Thank you 🙂
View Quote

Here's a LINKY to MyVoterPage

You don't need a password to get in.  Just your name, county, and date of birth gets you in.

A lot of useful voter info here.  You can validate that your voter status is active.  You can also update your voter information with the secretary of state.
You can get voting precinct address, etc.  Tells you which commission district, state house, state senate, congressional district, judicial district, etc. that you reside in.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That's handy, thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top