User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryM:
I don't smoke but have tried it a couple times. Nothing against those who but I will be voting against legalizing it. Everywhere I have been with legal pot has gone downhill. I don't want that here.
I would actually prefer people smoke it illegally. Far more likely to keep it out of sight that way. Stay at home and get stoned. Don't be dazed and confused while walking around in public.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I was furious when it passed for med use when I was in perfect health. I could benefit greatly from it now if it were federally legal for medical use due to neurological issues and maybe get off of up to 7 of 9 pharmaceutical medications. I'm voting YES! The more ways it is legalized the more pressure to make it federally legal. Besides, the people who want to get stoned for the fun of it are not waiting for it to be legalized for recreational use. They are getting high! Is what it is. A reduction in people running from the cops because they have some personal use weed would be a good thing too for first responder safety and public safety. The same people here railing about this claim to stand for freedom but they only stand for it if it is something they desire. We need less LE focus on malum prohibitum crime and more focus on malum en se crime. We would have more than adequate LE competency and manpower if we got back to what is really important, the basics.

As far as Morgan & Morgan go, they wouldn't have jobs if the insurance companies didn't go to such lengths to avoid their financial responsibilities and act in bad faith. My daughter worked for them for years and I absolutely hated lawyers, but I get it now and they did right by me. I hope none of you ever need them. The way these insurance companies treat victims is a travesty and if it were not for the personal injury lawyers there would be no justice for victims.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#3]
Looking at the website ballotpedia.org , there has officially been over $50 million donated for legalizing pot. Only $5 million against. Until it is made legal on a federal level, it is a trap if the US govt wants to swoop in and take away rights (thinking firearm ownership), Can also blackmail states, threatening withholding federal funds in exchange for giving up any firearm databases.

https://ballotpedia.org/Main_Page
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 9:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#4]
In the last couple of years, I have been to CT, OR, WA CA, Co where it is OTC legal.  They are much worse than we are. Sitting and staring at a green light instead of driving, wandering all over the road, driving slower than Grandpa here in FL, stumbling while walking crashing (sitting down to toke up not auto crash) wherever.  At least there, you don't have to ask "Are you F**king high?  Because you know they are.

It is another set in the USA's downfall, another camel's nose, just like "They only want to get married!"
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
In the last couple of years, I have been to CT, OR, WA CA, Co where it is OTC legal.  They are much worse than we are. Sitting and staring at a green light instead of driving, wandering all over the road, driving slower than Grandpa here in FL, stumbling while walking crashing (sitting down to toke up not auto crash) wherever.  At least there, you don't have to ask "Are you F**king high?  Because you know they are.

It is another set in the USA's downfall, another camel's nose, just like "They only want to get married!"
View Quote

Yep.  Everywhere dope has been made legal for getting high, it's been to the net detriment of the non-doped people who live there.  Voting no.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
For a freedom loving site, people sure hate freedom.

I mean, unless everyone raving against pot also equally raves against booze, cigarettes and the like, you are nothing more than hypocritical. Those substances cause FAR more harm than pot ever has (and give me a break about all the people stoned at stop lights.. that is as stupid as the pot needles argument).

Being a formerly cleared employee,  I have no desire to smoke it. But fill the jails and courts with people who who have something less harmful than alcohol if pants on head retarded.  Happy to vote for this come time.

Oh, and fuck M&M...
Link Posted: Today 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#7]
You're 100% right but the people who are against it also CCW 1911's

Originally Posted By Madcat207:
For a freedom loving site, people sure hate freedom.

I mean, unless everyone raving against pot also equally raves against booze, cigarettes and the like, you are nothing more than hypocritical. Those substances cause FAR more harm than pot ever has (and give me a break about all the people stoned at stop lights.. that is as stupid as the pot needles argument).

Being a formerly cleared employee,  I have no desire to smoke it. But fill the jails and courts with people who who have something less harmful than alcohol if pants on head retarded.  Happy to vote for this come time.

Oh, and fuck M&M...
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Coldbore556:
You're 100% right but the people who are against it also CCW 1911's

View Quote
I have been dealing with Republicans and so-called conservatives for a while. They all thump their chest and proclaim freedom. But when you discuss certain topics with them, they show they're really hardline authoritarians. Gun rights, private property rights, religion and sexual orientation, etc... they're in favor of controlling it all.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top