Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2024 6:44:44 PM EDT
I know a few guys responded to my visiting PA thread in GD.  I’ve decided to move here along with my wife and 2 very young kids for her career in RE.  I’m bringing my pharmacy technician expertise.

We’re staying at her boss’ place in Lancaster for the moment and desperately looking for our own place.  I’m still looking for a job, have an interview on Wednesday for pharmacy technician at Lancaster General which I realize won’t get me very far with what I’ve seen with rent prices.

Any of y’all PA residents have a lead on a decent place to rent?  I’m open to like 30-40 minutes north of Lancaster, since it seems a lot of showings my wife does are in Reading.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you on rent, but if you're job hunting, keep in mind Lehigh Valley Hospital and St. Luke's aren't too far off, and each is a decent size hospital/heath system.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperMoose] [#2]
never mind, I didn't see you wanted to rent.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperMoose:
never mind, I didn't see you wanted to rent.
View Quote

Buying a house is definitely in the cards if everything works out.  I’ve heard it’s sort of good to rent when you first move somewhere so you get a feel for the area.

What did you originally post?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, Reading is mostly not very good, and anything in the Ephrata area is also pretty rough, except when you get into the country/farm areas. But you still have to go into the city areas for shopping, etc.

For job opportunities, you could try Geisinger in the Danville area (they also have a large amount of regional centers) but their pharmacy is in Danville.

Danville area is pretty good in terms of rental/purchase opportunities and also has relatively good politics (but the more north you go, the better it gets).
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By knifewrench:
I know a few guys responded to my visiting PA thread in GD.  I’ve decided to move here along with my wife and 2 very young kids for her career in RE.  I’m bringing my pharmacy technician expertise.

We’re staying at her boss’ place in Lancaster for the moment and desperately looking for our own place.  I’m still looking for a job, have an interview on Wednesday for pharmacy technician at Lancaster General which I realize won’t get me very far with what I’ve seen with rent prices.

Any of y’all PA residents have a lead on a decent place to rent?  I’m open to like 30-40 minutes north of Lancaster, since it seems a lot of showings my wife does are in Reading.

Thanks all.
View Quote

Look around Lititz or Manheim. I live in Harrisburg but work brings me out that way frequently. I also have some friends/acquaintances living in Lititz/Manheim.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By smokinghole:

Look around Lititz or Manheim. I live in Harrisburg but work brings me out that way frequently. I also have some friends/acquaintances living in Lititz/Manheim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smokinghole:

Thanks all.

Thanks, I am pretty close to there and honestly those are maybe my top picks for around the area.  May go as far as York or maybe North to Ephrata, which is fun to say.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Two houses down from me in Lititz is for sale. I can get you the information if you want. Nice quiet neighborhood with a few like minded neighbors.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
Two houses down from me in Lititz is for sale. I can get you the information if you want. Nice quiet neighborhood with a few like minded neighbors.
View Quote

That’d be awesome, thank you!
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Taxylvania. Just dont.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Information sent in an IM.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fergus556:
Taxylvania. Just dont.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2024 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Haha actually after about 2 months of such a shitty experience with our hosts, we beat feet back to Texas.  Now I feel a panic attack on when I see a Penn state logo or PA license plate.  Which is rare, but has surprisingly happened quite a bit already.

Thanks for all the tips y’all gave.

Yeah.  Y’all.  Not you guys.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Haha actually after about 2 months of such a shitty experience with our hosts, we beat feet back to Texas.  Now I feel a panic attack on when I see a Penn state logo or PA license plate.  Which is rare, but has surprisingly happened quite a bit already.

Thanks for all the tips y’all gave.

Yeah.  Y’all.  Not you guys.
View Quote

You were staying at your wife's boss's house for 2 months?????
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Help OP out.

Texans and "true" Pennsylvanians should
have natural connections.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top