Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2024 8:59:25 PM EDT
I’m wondering what thoughts are out there regarding our Republican candidates for Governor. The only one I’m vaguely familiar with is Kelly Ayotte. To my knowledge she’s pretty much a RINO but I don’t know for sure.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I met her at the Berlin ATV fest, she was handing out NH don't mass it up pins....she seemed pleasant enough but very RHINO esk.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know anything about Morse, other than seeing him run for office a couple times, unsuccessfully.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Ayotte is a RINO.  I got to spend some time with Morse this spring at a friend’s house.   I’ll probably vote for Ayotte.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not voting for Morse in the primary.

He has ~20 years of documented legislative apathy towards the 2A.  If the GC site can be trusted, he never once sponsored or cosponsored any bill loosely related to the 2A.

Got it, rights may not be his thing and there are other priorities within the legislature that he could work on.  Particularly when folks like Bob Guida and others were in the Senate working on 2A causes.  

Morse, along with several other republican senators voted for an anti 2A amendment to a bill a couple years back.  It would have allowed towns to restrict the use of firearms.  Luckily the House nonconcurred and the bill died during the CoC.

He also has no personality.  I'm more charming than him and I can barely charm a termite into eating my house.

I know nothing about Ayotte, but she gives off the RINO vibe.  Her platform issues read well though.  https://kellyfornh.com/issues/

I'd like to see how 'don't mass it up' becomes priorities for the legislature and defense of some of the good lack of laws we have.

I think she has a better chance in the general then Morse would as well.  Craig and especially Warmington are nightmares.

Will vote for Ayotte as I don't see myself voting for Morse.  

As an aside, I'd also like someone to take a leadership role in the NH Republican Party.  Not speaking for them, but perhaps giving it a kick from time to time.  I don't think Sununu did that, but if he did some of the Gunstock public affairs debacle could have been avoided a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for everyone’s input. Looks like I’m leaning towards Kelly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have met Ayotte a time or two and she always has had  a Rino vibe.

I do not think she will be as stout on 2a as the current Gov has been.  

I once emailed her office when she was facing some attack on 2a and she replied with something along the lines of "we need common sense gun laws"  or something along those lines..  she disagreed with my standing point and said we need to do something..

Not the best feeling in the world I will tell you that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Archangel1972:
I have met Ayotte a time or two and she always has had  a Rino vibe.

I do not think she will be as stout on 2a as the current Gov has been.  

I once emailed her office when she was facing some attack on 2a and she replied with something along the lines of "we need common sense gun laws"  or something along those lines..  she disagreed with my standing point and said we need to do something..

Not the best feeling in the world I will tell you that.
View Quote

It is hard to beat Sununu on his defense of the 2A.

I also 'think' some junior national senator stances may not be as well thought out as a governor's.

but you're right.  Not the best feeling.  Particularly if an incident like Maine's happens and we have a D legislative body.  She might sign something dumb.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
She did vote against UBC’s after Sandyhook and took a lot of heat over it. I will vote for her if she doesn’t talk about RFLs and AWBs and mag bans. No candidate around here is gonna be perfect on the 2A. I wish we had a Thomas Massie type but we gotta work with what we got…
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Thurman_Murman_74:
She did vote against UBC’s after Sandyhook and took a lot of heat over it.
View Quote

Good info there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FDC:

Good info there.
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:21:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thormx538] [#12]
They both kinda suck

Ayotte was McCain's dog back then, doubt that has changed much.

On a personal level, I had some close friends back in the day that poured a lot of effort into her campaign from the very beginning when she decided to run for senate, and she basically jetted off to DC without even a thank you to some folks that were very close to her and did a lot of work getting her elected. Typical politician.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#13]
UNH Survey Center- Ayotte Holds Wide Lead Over Morse, Craig Holds Slight Edge Over Warmington in NH Gov Primaries 8/22/2024

Abstract

Kelly Ayotte holds a wide lead over Chuck Morse in the race for the 2024 Republican nomination for governor in New Hampshire, while Joyce Craig holds a slight advantage over Cinde Warmington on the Democratic side. Maggie Goodlander and Colin Van Ostern are neck-and-neck in the race for the Democratic nomination in the Second Congressional District. Republican candidates in both 1st and 2nd congressional districts are largely unknown.

Should be a direct link to the PDF with more details:  https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1810&context=survey_center_polls Also hits the national races.  A bit over 2K surveyed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I urge everyone in the state primary to vote for Chuck Morse.  He has a much better rating from The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition than does Ayotte.

I don't trust Kelly.  I remember when she was AG, she railed against Castle Doctrine bill when the R's tried to pass it at that time.

Also, anyone who flips so easily on their party's nominee for president because "he said mean things about women" is not to be trusted.

If she is so easily emotionally manipulated, then she is only one mass shooting away to agreeing with some "sensible" gun laws in NH when she has the chance.  Meanwhile, Sununu held the line!

She is NOT to be trusted!!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Good points. Who will be the most electable in the General, Chuck or Kelly?
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Good points. Who will be the most electable in the General, Chuck or Kelly?
View Quote

I hate to say it, but most likely Kelly just because she is a woman.  That DEI angle still pulls votes vs an old white man.  Chuck would be hands down a better gov though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Blain:
I urge everyone in the state primary to vote for Chuck Morse.  He has a much better rating from The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition than does Ayotte.

https://nhfc-ontarget.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/2024-scorecard-primary-jpeg.jpg

I don't trust Kelly.  I remember when she was AG, she railed against Castle Doctrine bill when the R's tried to pass it at that time.

Also, anyone who flips so easily on their party's nominee for president because "he said mean things about women" is not to be trusted.

If she is so easily emotionally manipulated, then she is only one mass shooting away to agreeing with some "sensible" gun laws in NH when she has the chance.  Meanwhile, Sununu held the line!

View Quote

I don't trust either of them.

I'm not voting for Morse in the primary.  

I watched Morse vote to allow towns to restrict the use of firearms.

He would likely be the safer choice as governor, but that one burned me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]

https://nhfc-ontarget.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/2024-scorecard-primary-jpeg.jpg

View Quote

Forgive my ignorance but aren’t there a few NH gun rights organizations that have opposing views?

I remember a lot of discussions about one group who opposed constitutional carry and changes to the off-road vehicle rules and caused it do get delayed a few years because of confusion that possibly swayed votes.

I don’t remember what organization was involved or the details. I don’t really trust any organizations nomination based solely on a letter grade of a few questions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By steve8140:

Forgive my ignorance but aren’t there a few NH gun rights organizations that have opposing views?

I remember a lot of discussions about one group who opposed constitutional carry and changes to the off-road vehicle rules and caused it do get delayed a few years because of confusion that possibly swayed votes.

I don’t remember what organization was involved or the details. I don’t really trust any organizations nomination based solely on a letter grade of a few questions.
View Quote

There were, but NHFC is pretty much the gold standard for gun organizations I believe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

There were, but NHFC is pretty much the gold standard for gun organizations I believe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Martlet:
Originally Posted By steve8140:

💯
NHFC is no compromise!
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't always agree with them, but NHFC is the only org I kick money to.

Survey results shared above coming today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree that Ayotte will probably be a better R candidate in the primary due to her gender. Unfortunately, she will undoubtedly throw the 2a community under the bus if a Lewiston scenario happens in close proximity of the state. Her "we have to do something" statement still chaps my ass. Yes, yes we do have to do something, like make concealed carry the norm so the average citizen can put down the sick and deranged mass murderer. Just my thought tho'...
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:08:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: inGobwetrust] [#24]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
I agree that Ayotte will probably be a better R candidate in the primary due to her gender. Unfortunately, she will undoubtedly throw the 2a community under the bus if a Lewiston scenario happens in close proximity of the state. Her "we have to do something" statement still chaps my ass. Yes, yes we do have to do something, like make concealed carry the norm so the average citizen can put down the sick and deranged mass murderer. Just my thought tho'...
View Quote

It’s not because of her gender.  It’s because Morse is a terrible candidate who can’t express his thoughts in a manner that sounds intelligent.  He comes across poorly and would get thrashed in the general election.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

It’s not because of her gender.  It’s because Morse is a terrible candidate who can’t express his thoughts in a manner that sounds intelligent.  He comes across poorly and would get thrashed in the general election.
View Quote

I met Morse last year at a friend's house for dinner.   I wouldn't vote for him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Let me see, who would I rather have in office as governor....someone who isn't the best public speaker, or someone who will 100% give the state gun control when a local false flag happens?  .....tough call there.

Reminds me of the, "I won't vote for Trump because he said mean things" people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Let me see, who would I rather have in office as governor....someone who isn't the best public speaker, or someone who will 100% give the state gun control when a local false flag happens?  .....tough call there.

View All Quotes

Who would you rather see in office - Ayotte or Craig?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Who would you rather see in office - Ayotte or Craig?
View Quote

Actually, since the NH guns laws are so good. .... a republican legislature and a democrat governor nothing will get done.  Ayotte did vote against the post sandy hook gun control but that was after she voted to end the filibuster allowing a vote on the anti gun bill in the first place.  Hence both sides were mad at her.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Republican legislature and a Republican Governor would be even better.
View Quote

Gridlock has always been better.  All republcan and we risk a bad response to current events.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

You have totally mischaracterized my statement.  Morse has NO CHANCE of beating Joyce Craig. NONE. So, as stated by FDC, “Who would you rather see in office - Ayotte or Craig?”  By the way, I have also met Morse and I would only vote for him if he makes it to the general.  He is not impressive.  I went to high school with Kelly Ayotte and can attest she is very intelligent.  I don’t agree with all of her policies but I know she is smart as hell and actually has a chance to win the election, unlike Chuck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By granitestater:

Gridlock has always been better.  All republcan and we risk a bad response to current events.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Republican legislature and a Republican Governor would be even better.

While I agree gridlock helps keep the government from trying to 'help', there have been some great things passed by the all republican majority in the last year or so.

Especially the bills this year attempting to stuff clown world and the kiddie mutilating perverts back in a bottle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#34]

While I agree gridlock helps keep the government from trying to 'help', there have been some great things passed by the all republican majority in the last year or so.

Especially the bills this year attempting to stuff clown world and the kiddie mutilating perverts back in a bottle.
View Quote

Please explain how those bills laws affect my right to keep and bear arms?

I’m not a conservative.  I am a single issue gun voter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

It labels NH as an anti clown world state.

Several of the prominant tards in the NH sub are actively looking for outs in the moving subs.

Less tards mean less votes for D policies.

Less D policies affect your right to keep and bear arms.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#36]

You have totally mischaracterized my statement.  Morse has NO CHANCE of beating Joyce Craig. NONE.
View Quote

According to you.  Your false narrative is false.  99% of voters are going to vote straight ticket this election.  Do you really think someone voting for Trump is going to vote for the D gov over the R, whomever it happens to be?

Unfortunately, Ayotte is likely to win the primary, but I'm not voting for her.  You'll see how good a gov she is when she gets in.  Mark my words.  FL, VT, ME all quickly caved to gun control after their shootings.  All had R govs.

About who wins the general, It is all going to come down to how well Trump does coupled with how much election fraud there is in the state.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:08:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: inGobwetrust] [#37]

According to you.  Your false narrative is false.  99% of voters are going to vote straight ticket this election.  Do you really think someone voting for Trump is going to vote for the D gov over the R, whomever it happens to be?

Unfortunately, Ayotte is likely to win the primary, but I'm not voting for her.  You'll see how good a gov she is when she gets in.  Mark my words.  FL, VT, ME all quickly caved to gun control after their shootings.  All had R govs.

About who wins the general, It is all going to come down to how well Trump does coupled with how much election fraud there is in the state.
View All Quotes

You have totally mischaracterized my statement.  Morse has NO CHANCE of beating Joyce Craig. NONE.

New Hampshire is notorious for not voting straight ticket. I don’t know if you noticed but we have had a republican governor with a completely Democrat congressional delegation for the last few terms. That is likely to happen again this cycle, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#38]

New Hampshire is notorious for not voting straight ticket. I don’t know if you noticed but we have had a republican governor with a completely Democrat congressional delegation for the last few terms. That is likely to happen again this cycle, unfortunately.
View Quote
Totally agree with this statement.  It's a moot point now that Ayotte stomped the shit out of Morse in the Primary.  Craig would have done the same thing to Morse in the General.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#39]
If you look where Morse got the vast majority of his support, it was concentrated around his playground of Atkinson. No where else.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
If you look where Morse got the vast majority of his support, it was concentrated around his playground of Atkinson. No where else.
View Quote

That is so incorrect.  He got a LOT of support in Nashua and a lot of other southern towns.  I was looking at the breakdown.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#41]

That is so incorrect.  He got a LOT of support in Nashua and a lot of other southern towns.  I was looking at the breakdown.
View Quote
That's some kind of joke, right?

First, he didn't get "a LOT of support" anywhere.  Ayotte won Nashua 2:1  And the support Morse did get was localized around Salem.  Here's the breakdown.  The "big" green dot is Salem.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#42]
It's been over a decade ago, but I spent a brief 20 minutes or so with Senator Kelly Ayotte and a suppressed SBR on the range.  (doesn't make her any less of a RINO)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BPR:
It's been over a decade ago, but I spent a brief 20 minutes or so with Senator Kelly Ayotte and a suppressed SBR on the range.  (doesn't make her any less of a RINO)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44835/KA_Rifle-7868_LR_jpg-3330963.JPG
View Quote
Sigh...
Why don't they ever get the concept of cheek weld?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ScottS:
Sigh...
Why don't they ever get the concept of cheek weld?
View Quote

She did a little better after about 5 minutes, but if I tried to correct cheek weld, stance got screwed up, and if I corrected stance, hand placement failed.  20 minutes is not enough time (to include photo op) to put it all together.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top