Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2019 6:25:41 PM EDT
Get your jerky

Orlando January 11-12, 2020    Central Florida Fair Grounds

$11

http://www.floridagunshows.com/event/florida-gun-show-orlando-9/
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Since we are recycling the thread, I’ll recycle my post.

I live in Sanford and it used to give me great joy to ride my bicycle to the Gun Show.

Back when it was 5 bucks and there were vendors there.

Last time I went, it was jacked to eight bucks, and there were half the vendors.

Took 15 minutes to make two laps around the table, dragging my feet.

It was always a very small show, last time it was a glorified yard sale.

I won’t waste my money again. Sadly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven’t been since Orange County banned private sales.

Fuggg em
View Quote
My thoughts exactly.  No use in attending this show any longer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fuggg em
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuggg em
Wow, I wasn't even aware this was a thing, or counties were even legally allowed to do that.

I'll be preparing myself for disappointment at the Melbourne show instead.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wow, I wasn't even aware this was a thing, or counties were even legally allowed to do that.

View Quote
In general the Melbourne show is a disappointment.
Unless you are already in the area, it is not worth the drive.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was some good ammo deals last time, but outside of that, I'd agree its not worth the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Haven't been since Orange County banned private sales.

Fuggg em
View Quote
Yeah!

Lets punish the gun show for something that Orange County did!

That'll show em!
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah!

That'll show em!
View Quote
I am sure OC is getting a nice cut hosting the event.
If the gun show feels it is hurting business they could easily move the show to another location essentially cutting into OC's money.
The gun show isn't being punished.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah!

That'll show em!
View Quote
Why would someone waste their time going if they went primarily for private sales?  If less people are attending, they'll move it eventually--- if not, they won't.

I'm sure more counties will eventually do the same over time unfortunately.  Some day, private sales will be banned state wide.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually did quite well selling a few things at the Melbourne show yesterday, including a 1918 Black Army 1911. While I didn't buy anything, I saw some pretty good deals on the tables (<$400 M&P 2.0's, some decent Glock prices, a 20" 590A1 w sights for $375, decent ammo prices if you don't want to mail order, reasonable Daniel Defense rifle prices, etc.) Of course there was the usual overpriced shit too. Lots of vendors with tables full of cheap AR builds - very few quality AR's other than the DD's I saw, a couple Colts (high) and a few SIG's. Worth the drive from east Orlando for me since I came home with a pocket full of cash.

The only value I can see to the Orlando show now is if you want to look at and fondle some guns before ordering them online for pickup at Cover All ($25). No private sales, high admission fee (I think it is up to $11) and I don't like supporting the organizer now (owner from Shoot Straight as I understand it).
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Neither the Orlando nor the Melbourne show are worth the money to go to.

Private sales forbidden; dealers that are on crack with price versus product ($500 Hi-Point 9mm anyone?); piss-poor product selection; fuckin' jerky and shit stun guns... waste of time.

I don't see how either venue stays in operation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Neither the Orlando nor the Melbourne show are worth the money to go to.

Private sales forbidden;
View Quote
Private sales are absolutely not forbidden at the Melbourne show - I was there this past weekend (as were many others) walking around selling guns. There were also many tables with "Private Sale" signs with no paperwork. The Melbourne show is organized by a different company than the Orlando show and the local laws are different.

Private sales are also OK at the Deltona show held at the Volusia County Fairgrounds. It is a fairly small show, however.

Orlando was fine until Orange County used a loophole in the state law to pass an ordinance banning private sales at gunshows.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
State law largely prohibits localities from adopting gun laws more restrictive than the state but has an exception for private sales at public events. Orange County prohibits private sales at events, but not elsewhere (because state law restricts them). It was their virtue signaling on closing the "gun show loophole".
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone ever been to the Cocoa Beach show? There's one coming up 30-31, but they want $8 at the door.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone ever been to the Cocoa Beach show? There's one coming up 30-31, but they want $8 at the door.
View Quote
Where in CB?
BTW, don't bother with the titusville one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why would someone waste their time going if they went primarily for private sales?  If less people are attending, they'll move it eventually--- if not, they won't.

I'm sure more counties will eventually do the same over time unfortunately.  Some day, private sales will be banned state wide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah!

That'll show em!

As per the state constitution, counties can require background checks and waiting periods of up to 5 days ; BUT NOT FOR THOSE WHO POSSESS CONCEALED FIREARM AND WEAPONS LICENSES.

SECTION 5. Local option.—

(a) Local option on the legality or prohibition of the sale of intoxicating liquors, wines or beers shall be preserved to each county. The status of a county with respect thereto shall be changed only by vote of the electors in a special election called upon the petition of twenty-five per cent of the electors of the county, and not sooner than two years after an earlier election on the same question. Where legal, the sale of intoxicating liquors, wines and beers shall be regulated by law.

(b) Each county shall have the authority to require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period, excluding weekends and legal holidays, in connection with the sale of any firearm occurring within such county. For purposes of this subsection, the term “sale” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration for any firearm when any part of the transaction is conducted on property to which the public has the right of access. Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm.

History.—Am. proposed by Constitution Revision Commission, Revision No. 12, 1998, filed with the Secretary of State May 5, 1998; adopted 1998.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where in CB?
BTW, don't bother with the titusville one.
View Quote
International Palms Resort and Convention Center
1300 N Atlantic Ave
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Mar 30th - 31st, 2019
Sat 9-5, Sun 10-4
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, I just checked onLine and I can't image this being bigger than the Melbourne show.
Can anyone confirm the size of this show? Bigger/Smaller than Melbourne show?
I suspect it is the size of the titusville show and I live nearby and its not worth going to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
The CB show was tiny compared to the Melbourne show. Not even worth the money they were charging. I won't be going to that show again.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuggg em

Specifically allowed in the State Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah!

That'll show em!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuggg em
Yeah!

That'll show em!
The people that put the show on should move it to the Lake County border.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
State law largely prohibits localities from adopting gun laws more restrictive than the state but has an exception for private sales at public events. Orange County prohibits private sales at events, but not elsewhere (because state law restricts them). It was their virtue signaling on closing the "gun show loophole".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your saying that private sales are prohibited statewide (except where prohibited specifically by a particular county on public access property) I believe that would be incorrect.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#24]
No more Orlando Gun shows for me and my friends.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah!

That'll show em!
View Quote
Khaled, the owner of the show, pitched the private sale ban to those who would consider themselves our betters, in hopes of passing private sales through his business. Transfer fees through his shops, Shoot Straight. His shows include Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and a few others. Melbourne is not his show. Orlando is failing and you can see when you walk in. More than 1/3 of the building is Shoot Straight tables. All the private sellers left, and the dealers are leaving because most of them can't compete with a business capable of making larger orders.

So yes, lets punish Khaled. I'm sure his boy toy employees will respond and try to tell me they started the show again. They'll probably try to throw in a MURICA to throw off that they work for a middle eastern man, with middle eastern values. I hate to see the show gone, but I honestly hope he fails for this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I am hoping some of the smaller shows (Deland, Sanford, Eustis, etc.) will get better because of this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Khaled, the owner of the show, pitched the private sale ban to those who would consider themselves our betters, in hopes of passing private sales through his business. Transfer fees through his shops, Shoot Straight. His shows include Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and a few others. Melbourne is not his show. Orlando is failing and you can see when you walk in. More than 1/3 of the building is Shoot Straight tables. All the private sellers left, and the dealers are leaving because most of them can't compete with a business capable of making larger orders.

So yes, lets punish Khaled. I'm sure his boy toy employees will respond and try to tell me they started the show again. They'll probably try to throw in a MURICA to throw off that they work for a middle eastern man, with middle eastern values. I hate to see the show gone, but I honestly hope he fails for this.
View Quote

October 2013 join date.

3rd post; June 16, 2019.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

October 2013 join date.

3rd post; June 16, 2019.
View Quote
Ya I don't post much but I don't have to justify myself to you.

Instead why don't you do your own research? I'm sure you will find complaints against him.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If your saying that private sales are prohibited statewide (except where prohibited specifically by a particular county on public access property) I believe that would be incorrect.
View Quote
What I was trying to say is that private sale are PERMITTTED except where prohibited by a municipality/county on public access property.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Khaled was pretty notorious among Central FL gun owners and law enforcement many years ago (before the private sale ban and Khaled owning Florida Gun Shows, Inc.). Most of the old-timers I know here refuse to do business with Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah!

That'll show em!

Khaled has funded the bussing to the pro gun rallies in Tallahassee last year and spent money to fight SB7026.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Khaled has funded the bussing to the pro gun rallies in Tallahassee last year and spent money to fight SB7026.
View Quote
Of course he did. He lost quite a bit of business by the banning of bump stocks, and an entire market of 18-20 year olds. He is a crony capitalist. Not afraid to help take our rights if it makes him money, but that bill cost him good. I doubt he would support any assault weapons bans either, as those would cost him sales. That does not make him our ally to the cause.

Frankly, and I mean this with respect Miami_JBT, you have a reputation around here, and can not afford to be ignorant and stupid about these kinds of people. When those bus forms were being passed out in other shows, I noticed many who scoffed and ripped them up simply because they saw "Shoot Straight". That is the resolve of people who know of him, and what he stands for. He would be very welcome by the swamp.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Of course he did. He lost quite a bit of business by the banning of bump stocks, and an entire market of 18-20 year olds. He is a crony capitalist. Not afraid to help take our rights if it makes him money, but that bill cost him good. I doubt he would support any assault weapons bans either, as those would cost him sales. That does not make him our ally to the cause.

Frankly, and I mean this with respect Miami_JBT, you have a reputation around here, and can not afford to be ignorant and stupid about these kinds of people. When those bus forms were being passed out in other shows, I noticed many who scoffed and ripped them up simply because they saw "Shoot Straight". That is the resolve of people who know of him, and what he stands for. He would be very welcome by the swamp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has funded pro gun events long prior to SB7026 and Parkland. Even prior to Pulse Nightclub. He has been economically active in the State but on the 2nd Amendment front. He has been fairly supportive. Does he have an economic incentive to keep Florida pro gun? Yes.

The Founders themselves rebelled against the Crown for the same reasons. Income was a very strong motivator.

I'm not defending his business practices, pricing, etc... but he has been active, unlike some other FFLs in FL.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He has funded pro gun events long prior to SB7026 and Parkland. Even prior to Pulse Nightclub. He has been economically active in the State but on the 2nd Amendment front. He has been fairly supportive. Does he have an economic incentive to keep Florida pro gun? Yes.

The Founders themselves rebelled against the Crown for the same reasons. Income was a very strong motivator.

I'm not defending his business practices, pricing, etc... but he has been active, unlike some other FFLs in FL.
View Quote
Fair enough. My argument is that he's recently done more harm to the local community than anything he's done to help.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Instead why don't you do your own research? I'm sure you will find complaints against him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

October 2013 join date.

3rd post; June 16, 2019.

What I'm 100% sure of is that is a troll account; most likely that of a competitor or one of his employees who's frustrated by their inability to compete with a business of Shoot Straight's size .

My wife and I been buying our guns from Shoot Straight for years both at the gun shows and in the WPB store and have always received very good prices and service, and we've been shooting at their range several times a week for years and likewise have been treated well.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Orlando Gun Show
July 6-7, 2019

Venue: Central Florida Fairgrounds
Address: 4603 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32808
Admission: $11.00 Cash Only
(Children 12 & Under Free)
Parking: FREE!

Saturday Hours: 9AM-5PM
Sunday Hours: 10AM-5PM

http://www.floridagunshows.com/event/florida-gun-show-orlando-5/
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

October 2013 join date.

3rd post; June 16, 2019.
View Quote
Regardless of his join date and post count, there is a lot of truth in his post........

I stopped attending any Suncoast shows not long after they took over......so the banning of private sales in Orlando had no effect on me.

It took about a year or two, but I finally realized that the only "exhibitors" at his shows are dealers, either looking to sell you something at MSRP (they just leave the tags on the firearms they bring over from their brick and mortar stores), or they are looking to buy from you at essentially "I'm desperate and need to pawn this" prices. No collectors......no enthusiasts....nothing of what made a "good" gun show.

If I wanted to buy something from Shoot Straight, or any dealer for that matter, I'll drive to their store.....that way I won't be paying 10 bucks to park and 12 dollars to walk in the door.

There are still plenty of smaller shows thru out FL that are well worth attending.....

try gunshowtrader.com for listings rather than floridagunshows.com
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#38]
So did anyone go, AAR ?????  
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Venue: Central Florida Fairgrounds
Address: 4603 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32808
Admission: $11.00 Cash Only
(Children 12 & Under Free)
Parking: FREE!

Saturday Hours: 9AM-5PM
Sunday Hours: 10AM-5PM

http://www.floridagunshows.com/event/florida-gun-show-orlando-6/
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.floridagunshows.com/event/florida-gun-show-orlando-7/

these folks had a radio commercial they have some sort of discount at the show
https://www.sesafes.com/shows.html
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#41]
START DATE
October 12, 2019 9:00 am
END DATE
October 13, 2019 5:00 pm
STATUS
Upcoming
ADDRESS
4603 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32808

Anybody  going for some stale jerky
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
START DATE
October 12, 2019 9:00 am
END DATE
October 13, 2019 5:00 pm
STATUS
Upcoming
ADDRESS
4603 W Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32808

Anybody  going for some stale jerky
View Quote
Have they changed the law on private sales?   Therein lies the answer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I am going this weekend - I planned on shouldering a rifle I want to sell...but in read this thread that is not allowed?(confirm pls)

Site says you can:
“ BUY, SELL AND TRADE is our motto but when bringing your gun to the show, it MUST be unloaded PRIOR to entering the show. Please leave all loose ammunition at home or in your vehicle. All Magazines & Clips must be empty and removed from the gun as well. No loose ammo is permitted in the show. Our Security Officer will check your gun at the entrance and then secure it with a plastic tie strap that will prohibit the gun from firing. This Tie strap MUST remain on the gun at all times during our show. “
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I will be there tomorrow I have to see the engraver for some NFA stuff
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am going this weekend - I planned on shouldering a rifle I want to sell...but in read this thread that is not allowed?(confirm pls)

Site says you can:
“ BUY, SELL AND TRADE is our motto but when bringing your gun to the show, it MUST be unloaded PRIOR to entering the show. Please leave all loose ammunition at home or in your vehicle. All Magazines & Clips must be empty and removed from the gun as well. No loose ammo is permitted in the show. Our Security Officer will check your gun at the entrance and then secure it with a plastic tie strap that will prohibit the gun from firing. This Tie strap MUST remain on the gun at all times during our show. “
View Quote
Private Sales are a no-go in Orlando
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]
GREAT AMERICAN SANFORD GUN SHOW
Date
Nov 16th – 17th, 2019
City/StateSanford, FL
Hours
Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Admission
General: $8.00
Children 12 & under: Free
CouponGreat American Promotions Coupon
Description
The Great American Sanford Gun Show will be held on Nov 16th-17th, 2019 in Sanford, FL. This Sanford gun show is held at Sanford Civic Center and hosted by Great American Promotions. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

http://www.greatamericanpromotionsllc.com/images/coupon.jpg
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#48]
The daytona show a couple months ago sucked ass. Never going again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is the general consensus when I inquired about. Good to know the feedback was credible.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That is the general consensus when I inquired about. Good to know the feedback was credible.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That venue even sucked 20 years ago.
Reason i stopped going.
Deland and Orlando were always better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top