Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2024 9:45:54 PM EDT
Ridgeline Defense is hosting the Tactical Games this weekend. I have never been to the facility (or spectated any shooting event), and I was wondering if it's worth a trip to watch.

https://www.thetacticalgames.com/event/the-tactical-games-dalton-nh-team-event/

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#1]
Damn, I drive by there a few times a week to get mail as I still don't have mail delivery since the last flood.

Didn't know this was happening, but I've seen a bunch of wildly out of state plates roaming around.

Might be a fun visit.

Depending on where you're coming from, Exit 41 and up Manns Hill in Littleton will be your smoothest route.  If you take Exit 43 and 135, ignore the road closed signs as the 135 washout is past where you have to turn to get to Ridgeline.

Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:58:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#3]
Area food with weekend hours:

Smokin Ts in Lancaster Wed-Sat.  Seriously great food.  Love their brisket grilled cheese among other things.

Others as well.  Freehouse in Littleton is good on Sunday, but Smokin Ts is the must eat at place.

Breakfast:

Grandmas Kitchen(Whitefield) or Munroes(Twin).  Don't sit at the counter or to the right of the door if you go into Grandmas on the weekends.  

Gunshops:  Village Gun Shop in Whitefield.  Not a huge stock, but brings in some oddball surplus used stuff from time to time.  Iraq/Afghanistan vet.  Good kid(Josh) running the place.  Just ordered a 22/45 from him yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Parking plan was an afterthought I see, lmao.

Coming back from the transfer station.

For reference, this is the north/south detour for 135 which got washed out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Had some family stuff pop up instead, so I won't be seeing it. There is a YouTube channel that is posting some of the stages.

It was miserably hot and humid down here in Strafford county. Hopefully it was cooler and drier in the mountains.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Low 80s and stupidly humid yesterday at my place-Ridgeline is 500' higher so probably the same.

Each day I wake up, I think it is raining but nope that's just the dew and humidity dripping off everything.

Funny that I was over in Gorham earlier in the week and it was noticeably less humid over there.  Was jealous.

Link Posted: 9/17/2024 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, If I had enough notice that's not that far
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
View Quote

Hero Down Challenge at Ridgeline this weekend. Too late to register, but you can always come up and watch us make fools of ourselves
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

pretty close for me too...
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's a pretty easy drive to their place.

All the roads are opened back up and smooth.

I think exit 41 is a better route than 43 if you're going there from southern NH.

Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:

Hero Down Challenge at Ridgeline this weekend.

Great to see these guys sponsor and host more and more.  They've put a lot of work into the facility.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#11]
Day 1 of Hero Down Shootout is complete. They made some great stages as always.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Day 1 of Hero Down Shootout is complete. They made some great stages as always.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/389898/IMG_5398_jpeg-3329018.JPG
View Quote

@Detn8r-Red2

Very cool!  Update?
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

@Detn8r-Red2

Very cool!  Update?
View Quote

@inGobwetrust

We had a blast but our team didn’t place very well lol. It was a great learning experience for all of us though, and we know what we need to work on in the next year. They had everything from close range “burn em down” stages, to 490 yard shots on a 6” gong. The Ridgeline and Hero Down staff were fantastic as always.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#14]

@inGobwetrust

We had a blast but our team didn’t place very well lol. It was a great learning experience for all of us though, and we know what we need to work on in the next year. They had everything from close range “burn em down” stages, to 490 yard shots on a 6” gong. The Ridgeline and Hero Down staff were fantastic as always.
View Quote

Thanks for the update!  I wish I had been able to attend.  Do you know if there is an event website?  Would love to see some videos if they exist.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:

Thanks for the update!  I wish I had been able to attend.  Do you know if there is an event website?  Would love to see some videos if they exist.
View Quote

Check Hero Down Shootout Challenge or Ridgleline Defense on instagram. They’ve both got a bunch of videos and pictures shared to their story right now. I can’t find anything on their website yet though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top