Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2024 7:03:18 AM EDT
Good bills.

Governor Chris Sununu Signs 81 Bills Into Law, Vetoes 4

Unfortunately doesn't go into effect until January 2025.

Click on version adopted by both bodies.

HB1116 AN ACT relative to certain firearms to be used for taking of game.

HB 1424 AN ACT relative to pistols permitted for taking game.

Both bills remove the specificity of cartridge and simply add a minimum cartridge size.

Amusingly the is a little whitetail hanging out at the edge of my yard while I'm typing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Good bills.

Governor Chris Sununu Signs 81 Bills Into Law, Vetoes 4

Unfortunately doesn't go into effect until January 2025.

Click on version adopted by both bodies.

HB1116 AN ACT relative to certain firearms to be used for taking of game.

HB 1424 AN ACT relative to pistols permitted for taking game.

Both bills remove the specificity of cartridge and simply add a minimum cartridge size.

Amusingly the is a little whitetail hanging out at the edge of my yard while I'm typing.
View Quote

Awesome news. Changing from “carbine” to “rifle” and straight walled cartridges is much better.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
They've kind of been on a roll with cleaning up the hunting laws over the last few years.

Changing it from needing a specific magazine to having any magazine provided it only is loaded with X amount of rounds is another one that passed within the last few years.

Sample size of just looking around me, I'm worried about the House this year though.  In my 2 seat Coos district, only 1 R is running, so we're losing at least one almost guaranteed R seat.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thormx538] [#4]
That's cool. How do they define "greater than .357 Magnum"? For example, are .40 S&W and .38 Special allowed? .38 special is the same caliber as .357 so probably not since the law specifies ".357 Magnum and greater" by name and equal is not greater, but .40 S&W is a bigger diameter with less ballistic energy.

Allowing .40 S&W is cool because its cheaper an easier to build a decent .40 S&W braced AR pistol than it is for 10mm.

I shot my last deer with a 10mm P220 and open sights but it'd be cool to use a small braced .40 S&W AR or one of those $250 police trade G22s in a chassis with a dot or LVPO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top