Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2024 11:24:28 AM EDT
They get bought out? Fudd club now?

Was a member there until 2009..my buddy lives in South Lyon, went to look it up. Looks like things have changed. Want to know before I tell him to check it out.

TIA.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as I can remember they have been a fudd club. hassling me for shooting an ak or other semi auto, etc.

Now that being said I go there every once in awhile to sight in, and it seems to be changing for the better no hassle over shooting suppressed, braced pistols on the rifle range or sbr's.
The old RO's seem to have retired by now and typically there are younger guys open carrying working the range.
They even have steel on the pistol range to shoot, which is cool. If you want to do any actual training forget about it, island lake is not the range for that.

I do enjoy their sporting clay range, although they threaten to kick me out every time I bring a black semi auto shotgun, they particularly did not like my spas 12
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
My son was just up there and had fun.  That's all I know.  Said you go on a golf cart to different stages.

Link Posted: 9/26/2024 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It was always the fuddiest kind of range for rifle and pistol, but man did they have fantastic sporting clays and 5 stand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top