Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
8/15/2026 1:40:35 PM EDT
OK, can anyone tell us details about the new hand guard system yet? Does it tab into the upper receiver somehow for added rigidity? I don’t see the typical top rail tab like all the other Geissele models:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Db0tkMHjQCx/?igsh=eTM1MDRoZWZxZGt3&igsi=eTM1MDRoZWZxZGt3

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Db9FHa_DWMd/?igsh=MmY0bXY3dHNzbGx2&igsi=MmY0bXY3dHNzbGx2
Elite Soviet Democrat
8/30/2026 7:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tobysi][Edited] [#1]
They posted the HICAR on their website. Doesn’t have a price yet. I’d definitely love to know more.

I’d really like to know what anti drone capabilities they’re talking about with regards to the safety as well.

Attached File
9/2/2026 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the post. So they are calling the handguard the “Mk 24” rail system. Hopefully we find out what makes it special and how they were able to eliminate the upper receiver tab on the Mod 1 and HK 416.
Elite Soviet Democrat
9/3/2026 8:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangerRed][Edited] [#3]
It's still tabbed, just really small.  You can see it if you pause that second Instagram video when he rotates the upper upside down.
9/3/2026 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RangerRed:
It's still tabbed, just really small.  You can see it if you pause that second Instagram video when he rotates the upper upside down.
View Quote

I can’t see your pic. Is it just me?
9/5/2026 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried to upload a pic but I'm being defeated by technology.
9/7/2026 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I will refrain from buying another Geissele until we find out more how this HICAR submission could affect their other products. I still want a 14.5" Geissele with an ambi lower.

Unfortunately, I have no need for a MRGG 20" or GFR 6 mm ARC rifle. The ranges around me are not far enough. I would buy a Geissele MRGG-A rifle over a LMT though, and I would consider a 14.5" Geissele 5.56, but I want a Surefire flash hider pin and weld, not HUXWRX.
Elite Soviet Democrat
9/25/2026 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be nice to see how many beans this will cost, as well as the cost of PEAK 5.56 from Federal if it becomes a thing.
9/25/2026 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree. I’m guessing $4k for the rifle or slightly higher due to the steel alloys being used.

Ammo if I had to guess probably $35-40 for a box of 20 rounds. Would take a long time and mass production Army wide to see the price come down to < $1 a round for commercial sales. I also think sale of the ammo will be restricted for legal liability reasons due to the higher pressures involved. This is not ammo I would want to insert into a PSA for instance, and there are people out there who will try just that.
Elite Soviet Democrat
9/26/2026 2:20:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip][Edited] [#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
They posted the HICAR on their website. Doesn’t have a price yet. I’d definitely love to know more.

I’d really like to know what anti drone capabilities they’re talking about with regards to the safety as well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/500232/IMG_0865_jpeg-3819794.JPG
View Quote

It’s the Geissele Gas Pedal trigger.

Normal flip down to fire then thumb it forward while pulling trigger and it becomes full auto. You can see how he manipulates it in one of the videos
Esstac’s Retarded Social Media Influencer

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In